“Best hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Dublin, Ireland
“Best hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

Our sweet honeymoon to Europe was finished in Il Nido Hotel Sorrento. I chose this hotel through my friends and I think this was the best hotels in my tours. We stayed in a nice and comfortable room with a view straight to the Mediterranean sea and the magnificent coastline. During 3 days here, we always started a day with a wonderful breakfast and cups of coffee, not too much but enough for a traveling-day. Transportation was good, the bus stop was in front of the hotel so we could go everywhere easily. Besides, the hotel's staff, services,etc were good too. This was a romantic place and very suitable for a honeymoon so I and my wife loved it very much.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

This family-run hotel is everything that we wished for. Very spacious room and bathroom - very clean - all is a plus considering how friendly and welcoming they are. From the courteous shuttle driver who picked us up from the train station to the easy check in/check out. The view from the restaurant during breakfast and/or dinner is breath taking. It's right for the price and the service. We used the shuttle bus several times. The SITA bus that we took on our way back from Amalfi Coast even stopped right in front of Il Nido hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

We stayed at Il Nido October 2009. I was just going on line to reminisce about our wonderful stay at this comfortable and accomodating hotel and thought it was about time I wrote a review...My husband and I selected Il Nido based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. This family-run hotel with the spectacular views of the Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius was wonderful in every respect. Our room was comfortable - we got upgraded to one with a great view within a day or two of our arrivial - with a balcony overlooking the Bay and the haunting Vesuvius. The food was excellent - the breakfast pastries and the fresh squeezed orange juices were a wonderful way to start the day, and we enjoyed dinner so much that we ate in most evenings of our week's stay. The hotel shuttle made traveling back & forth to Sorrento easy and convenient, and because the hotel was staffed with family members, there was something so comforting and welcoming about the entire experience that my husband & I are hoping to return one of these days soon.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

Hotel Il Nido is an ideal location for exploring the Amalfi coast
The bus is straight across the road.
The free shuttle to Sorrento makes everywhere accessible
The service and hospitality was unbeatable as was the food

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank marywat
Claymont, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

The staff went out of there way to accommodate us. They were extremely friendly and professional. The balcony views from the room were breath taking. The bathtub was a little too small bit this is a very small complaint. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank Bufflord
limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

Stayed at Hotel in September 2010 for a week. It was a most enjoyable stay in Sorrento.
The Hotel was excellent in every way. Room was very clean and comfortable, view from our room great looked on to Bay of Naples, the staff were very friendly. It was an ideal location to stay in Sorrento. The food was excellent, the breakfast was great offering a wide selection of food. We went half-board, the dinner was excellent with top quality restaurant standarsd food. The family who run the hotel were so helpful and friendly. There is a free shuttle bus to Sorrento centre which was great. Hope to revisit in the future. Margie & Pat Ireland

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

I selected this venue based on the recommendations from this site. My expectations were exceeded. This was a four night stay after 2 weeks travelling around Italy. This fantastic hotel was the 7th I'd stayed in and boy what a difference.
I did not have a room with a view, but I did not need it. The view from the restaurant was sufficient and certainly made up for it. The room were much bigger than the norm, and cleaned daily to a high standard. The staff (family and friends) were very helpful and friendly, the extended family were part of the ambience. The food was fantastic!! The best breakfast by far, you are spoilt for choice -Bacon, eggs, yoghurt, fruit, pastries, cereal, toast, cheese and bread. Dinner options were varied and beautifully cooked, I preferred to eat in. Complimentary wine with dinner was a lovely addition to the experience. There were 2 computers in the lobby for customer use (free internet) this along with a self service laundry downstairs all added to the fantastic overall experience. Dont be worried about the short distance from the town centre, the regular shuttle provided allows you time to contemplate on either the day ahead or the one that you have had. The hotel is situated on the main road to Amalfi. I took a bus to Amalfi and this was an experience, up close and personal kind. I would suggest that if you are in high/mid season that you plan to catch the bus early. From the same bus stop I took a bus to Marina di Puolo and Massa Lubrense. The views, the staff and the venue all made for the best stay of my trip. I will certainly be back. Thanks Dino, Gianni and whanau (famiglia)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo