I recently visited this hotel. I booked two rooms for my husband, child and I and also another room for my sister. Whilst the location is ideal, and views from hotel amazing the service experienced in this hotel was the worst service we have ever experienced in any hotel I have stayed in ever. I am nearly forty.
When you travel with a small child, you really appreciate good service.
A few examples:
1. I asked in the afternoon for a plate of fresh pasta to be cooked for my child. I was assured by two different concierges that this service was available. The head of the kitchen refused.
2. There is no ramp into the hotel, so if you are disabled or carrying a child in a buggy you have to physically lift it yourself. On three occasions members of staff looked on as I hefted the buggy down the steps into the hotel.
3. We dined in one occasion in the restaurant, at the end of our dinner, staff started loudly banging and clearing tables before we were finished our main course. This was at 9 pm. and not midnight!
4. The pool was closed.
5. The hotel advertises three restaurants. There is only one open and is not suitable for children.
THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A LEADING HOTEL OF THE WORLD. FAR FROM IT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well-regarded Hotel comprising several buildings & newer villas in a clifftop garden, with fine views of the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Excelsior Vittoria
- Grand Excelsior Vittoria
- Sorrento Hotel Excelsior
- Sorrento Excelsior