“Eat and Run but so Delicious!”
Review of Bar Rita

Bar Rita
Ranked #60 of 292 Restaurants in Sorrento
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We have been staying in Sorrento for almost a week. Our first meal was here. We did not know about this place. Our stomachs led us here by chance and we kept coming back whenever we wanted a quick fix for our hunger while in the area. The locals haunt this place and I don't see many tourist but we would highly recommend a pit stop for some carbo fixes or sweet addictions. They have different ready, hot meals everyday from what I observed..yum!

2  Thank KMSM44

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Wonderful staff makes excellent drinks and good basic breakfast sammiches. Pastries are excellent

10  Thank WhirledTravelor
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great coffee bar right beside Hotel Sorrento City. Staff very friendly and often gave us an extra cookie or pastry free with our drinks.

1  Thank CladdaghBoatman
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This place is "the bomb!" I stopped there in the late morning for a coffee and pastry. They were bringing out heaping tray of freshly made pizza, lasgna, pastas, etc! I cannot believe that more toursts do not frequent this place. There are so many truly awful tourist restaurants in Sorrento -- places that dont' even have cooks, that just microwave up what they think tourists want to eat. Bar Rita is the WONDERFUL. I wished that I had eaten there everyday. This is the REAL stuff, people! Don't eat at other awful places. Find your way to Bar Rita and have fresh, delicious, home made actual Italian food! They don't have a huge area to sit down and eat. So what. Grab something and find a nook or cranny in the city to sit down and enjoy this FABULOUS food. Thank you Bar Rita! I will be back!

2  Thank JerseeCambridge
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Their cappucino was great but it was their baked goods that got me hooked. The croissants are so flakey and buttery and in the morning they are filled with ham and cheese which once heated creates some heavenly flavours in your mouth. I'm practically drooling at the memory. And if you want something sweet (which duh! of course you do) their dulce section is to die for. I asked what the guy would recommend (in Italian of course which he thought was charming) and he said the Delizia al Limone which is a traditional Sorrentine dessert. Oh my goodness it was heavenly. It had a bit of the lemony tartness but was so creamy and good, you just really need to try it.

1  Thank eos21