Looked like Sorrento's largest hotel; great situation above the town with sea views across the Bay of Naples to Mt. Vesuvius and Naples itself (seaview room). or the cliff face (std room). BIG public areas inside the hotel, with sofas on the enormous staircases that no-one will sit on, indoor pool that no-one goes to,and a very spacious reception and bar area. In every case, I couldn't fault the staff - polite and helpful - though the table service by the pool could have been a little speedier - but hey, you're on holiday! Special mentions must go to Rosetta in the breakfast room who smiled all the time even though the queue for pancakes never stopped (one day she had to look after the waffle machine, two pancake hotplates, and the egg section all by herself without seeming to lose her smile!) and another mention to Giuseppe in the outside bar/restaurant who was most attentive and charming - well done!
Best thing about the breakfast - huge choice of food and the fresh orange juice machine - get there before it gets blocked by rogue orange halves and has to be dismantled daily
Minus points - and there are just three:-
1) WiFi access is expensive - join the call for free wifi access in all hotels -even if it's just free in the lobby area. Not expensive to install.
2) Car parking - available on a large piece of land about 200m distant from the hotel - 15 euros a day! When you're paying in excess of 200 euros a day for your room, this is highway robbery. You might understand it in the crowded town centre, but not out of town. There is limited road parking outside the front of the hotel, but we never found a space in 7 days.
3) Not enough parasols by the pool to give shade
Enjoyed our stay, apart from the above points which have been submitted to the hotel by me in writing - let's see if I get a response
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting destination all year round, the Hilton Sorrento Palace retains its charm throughout the seasons. The Hilton Sorrento Palace is only 5 minutes away from the historical centre of Sorrento, which is the ideal for shopping 7 days a week or enjoying the bustling nightlife. The Hotel offers a breathtaking sea view: just in front of you the enchanting Gulf of Naples dominated by Mount Vesuvius and from behind Punta Campanella you may catch a glimpse of the exclusive Isle of Capri. The Hotel offers rooms with sea view, garden view, mountain view and family rooms for 3 or 4 people. All Executive Rooms, Deluxe and Suites have large windows and balconies with breathtaking views over the Bay of Naples. Executive and Suite Guests also enjoy exclusive access to the Settimo Club Lounge, where a rich and varied buffet is always available and a private swimming pool waits for you. The property is located a 5-minute drive away from the port of Sorrento, where guests can catch ferries to the island of Capri. The Amalfi Coast is 30 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Sorrento Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sorrento Palace Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Palace
- Sorrento Hilton