“Wonderful Hotel- Beautiful View” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Sorrento Palace

Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Cary, North Carolina
“Wonderful Hotel- Beautiful View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Excellent Hilton with a very helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast buffet, great view from the room. Everything was perfect! A short walk to the center of the town made the hotel quite convienent.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are the best!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gml122852

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Just back from a 4 night stay. The weather was awfull but the Hotel and staff made up for it.
The staff really were friendly and made a fuss of our 11mth year old daughter which she loved. The bar area is large with great views over sorrento and the bay of naples. Gardens full of trees teaming with lemons and oranges.
Pool area is amazing.
We will be back

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank robandjojo
HiltonPR, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Robandjojo,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Sorrento Palace.

I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with your experience in our Hotel, as I assure you that we do our best to make sure every Guest's stay is as pleasurable as possible.

I do appreciate your taking the time to write, our Guests’ feedback is invaluable to us as it helps us to see what we are doing right and wrong and where changes should be made. It also helps us recognise and reward a job well done.

I have conveyed to all the Team your appreciation for their service and professionalism, which contribute so much to customer satisfaction.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Sorrento Palace in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This is a great place to stay. This Hilton is fantastic,it a model for not only Hilton brands but all hotels to follow.When you arrive you are greeted like long lost friends and it only gets better from there.The view from our room was unbelievable,the common areas are fantastic,the decor is great, and the staff from top to bottom is the very best we have ever seen in 50 years of travel.Why this hotel is not rated 5 star is beyond us.

Room Tip: ROOMS 7-8-9-10 with the floor # in front are the ones with greatest views ex 107-208-309-410
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coito
Berkshire, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I booked this hotel for 7 nights but only stayed for 1 hour. The hotel location is awful as is the view - unless of course you like looking at service yards and high rise flats !
The hotel is very very dark and just like any other business/conference hotel anywhere. There is no Italian atmosphere here whatsoever.
We were supposedly given an upgraded room for our stay but I could not believe how dark this room was also and rather claustrophobic. The sea view or should I say high rise view was awful.
I really wouldn't advise staying here if you want to appreciate the bay of Naples and have a good location to go into Sorrento of an evening. The hill to the hotel is so steep, will take you at least 20 minutes to climb and isn't that nice at all.
Happily I moved onto the Bristol hotel where I stayed 10 years previously and had a wonderful stay - I will post a review of this.
So to conclude avoid - there is so much choice in Sorrento there is no need to waste your money and holiday by staying at the Hilton.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jdlewis35
Dear Jdlewis35,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience at our property.

I am sorry you did not like our Hotel and, as mentioned also in my response to your Hilton complaint, I can understand you were disappointed we kept one night deposit fee for your guaranteed reservation of seven nights. I just would like to explain that we are very attentive when communicating the cancellation policy to our Guests and the Long Holiday Package you booked requires 24 hours notice.
Also, I do not feel that is correct to say that we have an awful view of “high rise flat” and service yards as also testified by the several Trip Advisor users’ pictures: number 7 from “Goma1022”, number 8 from “Steve h”, number 18 from “landigam”…

With regards to the room category you booked, although your booking was for an high demand period as Easter could be, we have upgraded you to an executive room of 50 square meters, with 2 separate bathrooms, overlooking the bay of Naples and I am really sorry you did not appreciate it.

Please rest assured that management takes all comments very seriously and is open to any confrontation or compromise to reasonably accommodate our Guests and this is why we have so many clients returning to the Hilton Sorrento Palace year after year.

I remain at your disposal for any further clarification.

With kind regards,

Ada, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Not to say that the stay was not enjoyable. Rooms were spacious, balcony provided a view of Mount Vesuvius that was fantastic.
My husband and I were traveling from the top of Italy to the bottom of the country. We stayed in several hotels that we considered Italian flare. This hotel was a very nice Hilton, but once inside the hotel, we sort of forgot we were in Italy.
Breakfast was included in our stay and was quite good each morning. A supply of traditional Italy dishes and American dishes. No one could say that there was nothing to choose from.
We did eat a couple of meals in the hotel restaurant - fantastic!

Room Tip: Our high floor room had a spacious balcony that hosted a fantastic view of Sorrento hillside and Mou...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel is everything you'd expect from a Hilton. Great food, beautiful rooms and fantastic facilities. Our room had a view of Vesuvius that we paid extra for, but it was totally worth it! How better to start your day then to gaze across the Bay of Naples and spy the great Vesuvius in all its glory? There are 4 pools, with great facilities for families and plenty of room to manoeuvre between sunbeds! The buffet breakfast was packed with fresh fruit, pastries, an omelette station, hot food and plenty of other continental breakfast delicacies....my only gripe would be that there was TOO much to choose from, which can never be a bad thing!! Overall a sterling choice of hotel thats a few minutes walk from the heart of Sorrento. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dteachermalone
Dear Dteachermalone,

Thank you for your valuable comments concerning your visit at the Hilton Sorrento Palace.

I am pleased to know that you are satisfied with your stay in our Hotel, as we do our best to make sure every Guest's visit is as unforgettable as possible.

We are very grateful to you for this consideration; our Guest's feedback is very precious because it enables us to improve our services day after day. It also helps us recognise and reward a job of high quality.

We will never thank you enough for your constructive comments. We are looking forward to seeing you again at the Hilton Sorrento Palace.

The Team and I remain at your disposal for any further support.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012 via mobile

As being a Hilton honors member we were treated very well. We were asked to check in upstairs In the executive lounge and everything went smooth. However, tHe bag handler did mishandle my luggage cause when it arrived in my room it was soaked in red wine, apparently they had thrown the bag and the two bottles of red wine I had inside that were neatly packed broke and soaked all of my husbands clothes. Kinda sucked but luckily I did have oxyclean with me. The executive lounge was excellent as was the food and the views from the lounge were spectacular. My room was nice and big but my view was a big rock wall, oh well. I just sat in the executive lounge soaking in the beautiful views of sorrento instead. The pools were really great too. Hotel is perched on a cliff side so access to town via walking was a pain but doable. Would definitely be back, but next time I'm taking the bags to the room myself :)

Stayed June 2011