My husband & I stayed here for a few nights, as the last leg of our Italy trip. The room was less than basic, especially after some of the fancier boutique hotels of Rome & Florence. We reserved a king sized room, but what we got were three individually made twin sized beds - not so romantic. An update may be due, However, they were clean, and our balcony view of Mt. Vesuvius & the bay could not be beat. All staff we encountered we're gracious & helpful with all of our inquiries.
Access to the Executive Lounge made a huge difference to our experience, again, with fantastic views from the balcony.
Hotel location was a convenient, safe walk to the action. We would definitely stay here again, but perhaps request a better room.
- Room safe is inadequate for storing all electronics, I-pads.
- To avoid frustration, they should have a card in the room instructing guests that the safe key needs to be obtained at the reception desk, as well as the daily wifi code - Better yet, this should be given out at check-in, especially for diamond members.
* * * Update your web page!!! - we spent over one hour driving in circles, trying to find the hotel which is attached to an incorrect, nonexistent GPS location. Your web page should warn guests of this, as should any reservation confirmation paperwork! The only negative service from reception was to this complaint, and the reply was, "Sorry, we know about it, but can't do anything about it," & that they expect guests to call in advance to find this out...how would you know to call for the true coordinates if you don't know the ones that come up will be wrong?! Please have your web master make corrections/additions to this effect. No one wants to get stressed when you're in paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An enchanting destination all year round, the Hilton Sorrento Palace retains its charm throughout the seasons. The Hilton Sorrento Palace is only 5 minutes away from the historical centre of Sorrento, which is the ideal for shopping 7 days a week or enjoying the bustling nightlife. The Hotel offers a breathtaking sea view: just in front of you the enchanting Gulf of Naples dominated by Mount Vesuvius and from behind Punta Campanella you may catch a glimpse of the exclusive Isle of Capri. The Hotel offers rooms with sea view, garden view, mountain view and family rooms for 3 or 4 people. All Executive Rooms, Deluxe and Suites have large windows and balconies with breathtaking views over the Bay of Naples. Executive and Suite Guests also enjoy exclusive access to the Settimo Club Lounge, where a rich and varied buffet is always available and a private swimming pool waits for you. The property is located a 5-minute drive away from the port of Sorrento, where guests can catch ferries to the island of Capri. The Amalfi Coast is 30 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Sorrento Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sorrento Palace Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Palace
- Sorrento Hilton