“Hilton sorrento”

Hilton Sorrento Palace
Ranked #32 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Booked executive rooms , they were very nice not sure they were worth the money ! Having booked this room we were entitled to 7 th floor club , which consisted of a private infinity pool which was nice but very small .not always enough beds a defiantly not enough shades . Food available was ok but basic snacks and the lunch menu which you had to pay for was very poor infact the worse club sand which ever . Drinks were free but had to get them yourself no staff ever came outside.
The walk from the hotel was do able but in 38 degrees do you really want to ! Taxis £15 into town and that back again . The views from the hotel were the best thing about it. Sorrento was beautiful and would come again but wouldn't stay at the Hilton again .

Room Tip: Didn't see other rooms but the executive rooms were good
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Sorrento Palace

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Well - first of all I cant believe how steep that hill was from the old town up to the hotel......

ok so thats the sarcasm out of the way - I had read other reviews about this "steep" hill and I cant believe what the fuss was about - its litteraly a 10min walk and quite a nice one too - and my girlfriend who is pregnant had no problem with it at all so PLEASE do NOT be put off by anyone who talks of steep hills

So on to the actual hotel - again I was undecided on this as I had read a few bad reviews - again how wrong could these reviews be?! Ok so the hotel IS a little dated in a sense that it had old style TV's and the decor of the rooms/bathrooms could do with a spruce up but that is the ONLY negative I can really think of for this hotel but at the end of the day you dont go on holiday to sit in your room and watch TV!!

We found the staff to all be very friendly and helpful, we arrived early and were given a guest room while our rooms were being prepared and when we checked out they did the same so we could have a shower before leaving for the long journey home! The rooms, although a bit dated are quite spacious, the bathrooms also are quite big - the beds in the King size rooms were MASSIVE!

Breakfast was AWESOME, so much food to choose from, Rosella was a legend making Omlettes for all as well as Crepes & waffles, the list of other foods available goes on.... not only that but each morning the view over the bay and mountains were fabulous, what a great way to start your day with breakfast!

The pool was fantastic, the best pool I have ever seen at a hotel myself, it was very clean and didnt have too much chlorine at all!

Food was a tad over priced but we ate mainly in the old town!

All in all we had a lovely time and couldnt fault anything! Would defo reccommend :) Just a shame we didnt get an upgrade to the top floor haha

Room Tip: anything above 2nd floor gives you fantastic views and defo would always book a sea view....
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arrongent
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have just returned from 4 days at this hotel and we had an amazing stay! I was slightly worried after reading some of the reviews here, but there was really no need, this hotel exceeded our expectations! We stayed in a Kingsize seaview roomon the 5th floor, so the view of the Bay of Naples and Vesuvius was breathtaking and the reason we choose this hotel! The room itself was a good size, huge bed, very clean, with everything we needed, yes it could do with some updating to the decorating/tv/stand but it's not that bad and you're in Italy so who spends all their time in the room. Bathroom big, hairdryer, robes, slippers for use. Air-con is adjustible, but we even turned it off at night and stayed at a nice temperature. The swimming pools are fantastic and not overcrowed, towels provided. We ate at the pool bar/restaurant the first day, hotel prices but nice. Loved the iced lemon drinks! The breakfast is the best, so much choice and could sit on the terrace. Rossalia (lady at the omelette/crape/waffle station) is a credit to the hotel, so friendly and excellent omelettes and crapes! Fresh orange juicer was lovely. Ate far too much as all so delicious. The best we have had in Italy. Service of staff generally very good, helpful at all times. Check in smooth and complimentary room to change on arrival before our room was available at 2pm, and same on leaving so could freshen up. As for the location, I was expecting a very steep hill from the posts on here, but it is a gentle slope and plesant, easy walk into town, takes ten mins max. (Bit further to train station so we did use taxi's with the luggage) other than that we walked to and from hotel couple of times each day and night with ease - and I am pregnant!! good to walk off the gorgeous food and icecream! If you want the view, then don't be so lazy or go to England - very flat there! We didn't eat at the hotel at night as we like to explore the old town and find lovely restaurants in the small streets - thats what Italy is about, then some limon cello tasting in the cute shops and a gellato! We didn't opt for the wi-fi, but also a nice break - enjoy the holiday and italy! Those that expect this hotel to be more American with Ameican perks because it is a Hilton, should stay in America if that is what they are loking for, again you are in Italy! Those that have given low rating should try staying in a 3 star in Italy and then you will notice the difference! We were even given a farewell by the hotel manager upon leaving the hotel, he gave us his business card and said we could even contact him direct, it was a nice touch. I definately recommend this hotel, we had fantastic stay and perfect break for our babymoon! Thank you Hilton Sorrento Palace :o)

Room Tip: 4th/5th floor, Kingsize as minimum, Vesuivus side. We emailed the hotel before our arrival.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CKclairey
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Hilton Sorrento Palace is located on a nice cliff overlooking a gourgeous bay. For a short stay it is lovely, however we noticed the lack of service and friendliness from staff right upon check in. No smiles behind the reception, staff at the pool bar are very slow and food takes ages to come out no matter if its busy or not. Food does not come out at the same time and that was a dissapointment when coming with a family.
The rooms and furniture are really outdated and need to be renewed.
I do however want to mention the good service and food in the main restaurant, Giuseppe was amazing and he made our nights worthy! Good service from him, its a shame not all staff are as friendly and knowledgable like him.
Would like to stay here again as the location and surroundings are amazing, however service levels are poor and would not expect this from a Hilton.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I am not quite sure why people are giving this hotel negative reviews. Yes, there may not be flat screen televisions in the rooms but I found the decor satisfying and everything was incredibly clean. Also the balconies where a huge plus and where perfect to walk outside late at night to gaze over to the bay of Naples.
I found all of the staff friendly and helpful, especially the waiter called Guiseppe at the bar who I made quite good friends with.
The only down sides I'd have to say are these:
Firstly, although the pool was magnificent, many rude people would take about 20 towels and
hog lots of loungers and not use any of them. I realise the hotel can not do much about this but I really put me off the pool area along with the overwhelming view of unattractive flesh.
Secondly, the rooms where not sound proof at all. On a few occasions I would be kept awake till
2am from drunk people coming back to their rooms making a load of racket. I would recommend
to not go to bed before 12 am. That way there will be less racket.
Other than that it was great. The breakfast variety was huge and the food at restaurant was the best I ate that holiday.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're willing to spend more, go for a room with a sea view.
1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We found this to be a lovely hotel which was made more like a five star by the attitude of the staff. From the pool staff, resturant manager to the lady who made pancakes ( and who knew all the children's names) it was v good. Drinks on the balcony of the Sorrento resturant are a must with view over Sorrento and Naples to Vesuvius .

1  Thank Sara B
Reviewed 26 July 2012

When I walked into the room I headed for the patio. The view of Vesuvius was breathtaking. I spent 12 days at the Sorrento Palace. Other than some misinformation from the front desk, my stay, too, was extraordinary. My room was large and very clean. The wait staff in both of the restaurants were alway courteous and very helpful. The Hilton is on a hill (thus the great views). The walk into town may be considered a challenge but, trust me, it can be done. If it wasn't for the hill, the hotel could be reached on foot from the train station.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo