“Worse than I ever might expected from Hilton”

Hilton Sorrento Palace
Ranked #32 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was in this Hilton for a conference about two weeks ago. Overall experience - 2 points. Perhaps the main matters that influenced such low but reasonable mark is noise and low quality of breakfasts. Imagine yourself in a room after a long flight and tough bus transfer (taxis went on strike) attempting to rest but instead listening long loud conversations of personnel just outside your room! And how about personnel loudly signing songs or speaking phone while moving something sounding like cart of salvage near your door at 6:30 am? And how would you feel having discovered a sharp metal chip of about an inch long in stewed peaches at breakfast? With zero level of attention to you showing this chip inside the peach to the chief waiter? Certainly such impressions move at some back side generally friendly staff, which however do not care about your mattress cage suddenly breaking under you and carefully making the bed without an attempt to replace it. Laying at bed you are wondering at your clothes hanging in an open shelf just in front of your bed while TV set is hanging so that you have to watch it laying diagonally. The pool is not maintained, nobody attempted to clean its zone, at least during those five days I stayed in. Internet in rooms is not free and has low speed. Still bottled water is for 2 Euro. Shampoos are not added until you ask. Poor choice of food at breakfast is surprising. Food is added very slowly as if the restaurant is trying to save on it. Beware of rooms with mountain view - you will be watching wall mountain 10 meters away from you. Sea view is prefect. Good luck!

Room Tip: Buy ear pads in case you are lucky to get a room located closely to elevators - due to very poor sou...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Yury123456,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience at our property. Guests comments, whether positive or negative are always welcome and remedial actions are taken whenever possible.

I am very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay in our hotel, especially with regards to your room and the service we provided. I sincerely apologise if this made your stay an unpleasant experience.
Your comments have been shared with the Housekeeping Team and the Food & Beverage Manager and immediate actions have been taken.
Personally, I am even sorrier that you did not try to contact me directly, so that I could have addressed your concerns in person and made your stay more enjoyable and pleasant.
I sincerely hope that this will not deter you from staying in our hotel in the future.

I would value the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Hilton Sorrento Palace and would appreciate if you could contact me directly may you wish to come back to Sorrento, so that we can provide you with exemplary service that keeps so many Guests returning to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,
Paolo Pedrazzini
Hilton Sorrento Palace

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sorrento Palace

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Its a Hilton. The room was very clean and comfortable. The lobby had a very good internet connection. Large breakfast buffet. The staff was very nice. Good location, though it was a little walk from the main strip. Beautiful views of the Bay of Naples, Mt Vesuvius, and the lemon orchards.

Beautiful ancient Rome themed indoor pool, great for relaxing.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

The Best place to stay for a trip to Sorrento and surroundings!
the concierge team, the bartenders... everyone seems to be there only to make you feel their only VIP...
The rooms are spacious and lightful.
The breakfast lounge gives you the most amazing view on the bay of Naples and the Vesuvius.

Thank you all for your warm hospitality! I wish to come back soon!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our third visit to this amazing hotel and still the Hilton Sorrento Palace continues to shine. In their true tradition from the moment we stepped foot into the wonderful bright open lobby we were treated like royalty. Fast and efficient check in, upgraded to Top Floor Executive without any question and made to feel so special ....oh how good it was to be back.
This hotel has become one of our favourite destinations in the beautiful setting within the Amalfi coast, the views across the bay of Naples towards Mt Vesuvius are just stunning and even better from the balcony of our room or from the terrace of the Settimo lounge on the top floor.
Speaking of this lounge, a true paradise in paradise and the service is just outstanding by the whole team. Always a smile and nothing is ever a problem even down to ordering the best soft poached eggs at breakfast served exactly the way we like them !! For sure the GM had his eye on me....I love birds (feathered variety) and could not resist in sharing the odd snack with my feathered holiday friends....sorry Paulo.....must be a Brittish thing !!
The level of service within the lounge was exemplary from breakfast, lunch, afternoon treats and evening canapés and with such a calm and relaxing environment how could one ever find fault.
Margarita did ask me why I never left, well when in paradise......!! We did venture down to the lower pools on the odd occasion and also enjoyed some excellent freshly prepared pasta dishes for lunch along with a delicious Bottle of Rosé wine pool side.
Franco and his team also played a great part in our dinning experience, a table with a view to die for and Franco goes that little extra to make your evening so special.
Without any doubt this superb hotel so professionally and efficiently managed by the GM and his team is the place to base yourself when visiting this beautiful town....I hate to say but I have already booked our return visit to celebrate an Italian New Year....sure it will be yet another great stay, roll on December
See previous reviews on other tips while staying in Sorrento

Room Tip: Upgrade to Top Floor Executive, all rooms look across the bay and are spacious quiet and allow acces...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salm0n1
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I love Hilton and stay at their properties whenever possible. We had beautiful ocean view rooms and the view was spectacular. My only reason for not giving five stars was that I expected the Hilton Heavenly Bed and the beds were definitely not that wonderful quality. The hotel is not all that far from Sorrento, so you can easily walk into town but the path back up can be a killer walk because it is pretty steep. We also had some issues finding the hotel as there is a similar street name and our GPS was sending us in circles. We got our directions straight and caught a glimpse of a sign that was obstructed by foliage which points you to the hotel.

We had several wonderful evenings downstairs at the bar and Giuseppe was beyond fabulous. He was amazing and we looked for him every single night we were there and only wished we could have taken him with us on the remainder of our tour. The bar snacks and drinks were very good, prices were a bit high but that is almost normal in a hotel bar.

The room also included breakfast and that was another great feature of the hotel. The spread was very nice and had many items to choose from including an omelet making station. Overall I would go back, but would really like to see the beds upgraded to the heavenly bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The only thing I did not love about this hotel was the distance to the port. Would have been nice if they had a shuttle. Otherwise, everything was fabulous. Our room. The staff. The service and exec lounge with infinity pool. Seriously, this hotel was the best property I've ever stayed at. Even the room service food was yummy and large portions. I was very pleased and wish I would have booked more nights there!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Hilton Sorrento Palace was serene and majestic! I received an room upgrade before arrival and was treated to stunning views of Mt. Vesuvius at sunrise and sunset. The Hilton is perched atop one of the highest points in Sorrento, but even still, Piazza Tasso was a mere 10 minute walk. At nightfall, I would sit on my balcony and listen to the peaceful sounds of Sorrento below. A quaint city, its people are warm and inviting. The same is true of the Hilton staff, who were extremely willing to entertain my new found love of the Italian language and indulged me in speaking English and Italian, as I wished. I learned a lot from the staff and enjoyed their restaurant recommendations and local tours. Capri and a cooking class were my favorites! While I did not experience lunch or dinner at the Hilton, the breakfast spread was diverse and plentiful. I was quite active during my 5 day stay, but took time to relax by the expansive swimming pools. Ottimo!!!

Room Tip: I recommend a room with a view of Mt. Vesuvius, it will enhance your overall experience at the Hilto...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo