“fun trip”

Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Milwaukee
“fun trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

hotel was very nice, lobby was nothing spectacular, rooms were very large, okay decor. Rooftop pool was stunning, and very relaxing. amazing view of the water and surrounding area. could see mt. vesuvius in distance. food that was available was also spectacular.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a very nice room in this hotel with a view of the sea. It was excellent. However, the poor quality of the business lounge left us with a very disappointing feeling. We were in many Hiltons around the world and usually with the executive lounge access. This was by far the worst! The lounge deserves a rating of just two stars, so I took off one star out of the rating of the hotel. The room itself was very nice and very large. The staff friendly.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in a family room on the 5th floor and it was everything we wanted for our only family holiday all together this year. The room was clean and well appointed with two large modern flat screen tv's and the room was cleaned very well every day with extra towels offered each late afternoon. The staff were friendly and helpful, even sorting out my wifi access when I was struggling. Breakfast was great.

The indoor pool was great and my teenagers even tried the outdoor pools which I imagine are great in the summer.

My only slight gripe is that there are no tea/coffee making facilities and the noise of the lifts in our room was quite loud at times.

Overall we all thought it was a great hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Oudenaarde, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We spend 10 awesome days at the Sorrento Hilton, the pool is fun, the happy hour, the staff, the kids club was super. The food was really nice for banquet style. The hotel is at a great location and it was the perfect start to discover the touristic neighbourhood.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pietervanhessche
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed 3 nights in April 2014 and were very pleased with the service given by staff. Concierge/front desk were very helpful. It is located up on the hill so there is a 15 minute walk into town. As hubby is Hilton Honors diamond, we were given access to 7th floor with full buffet breakfast, salad,snacks, beer and wine during midday, and heavy snacks at dinner time with more wine, etc. Francesco "Franco" of the 7th floor lounge was wonderful. Restaurant downstairs good, but a little pricey. I would recommend dining in town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manalapan, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

When you walk in to this hotel, the lobby is beautiful and modern. The pool is awesome. However, the rooms are outdated. The box TV is in a stand that you would find in the 1990's. There is old tile floors, and the decor is tired. Though it had no Italian flare, it was surprisingly very clean. Sadly, it was very far from the beach/marina. Overall, this is an average hotel, but definitely not up to Hilton standards, as it is VERY outdated.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room by the stairs (ask the front desk where your room will be)!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jsftennis801
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Jsftennis801,

I have been forwarded your comments via Tripadvisor and I would first of all like to thank you for having taken the time to share your impressions further to your stay with us.

It was with regret and surprise to learn about your feeling on our rooms. I assume that you visited our property some years ago as box TV are no more in the rooms, they have been replaced by LCD since years. Moreover, I am delighted to inform you that many rooms have been refurbished in the last months, so you will find a fresh and Mediterranean decor.

Thank you for your positive comments on the lobby and the cleaning of the hotel.

I would value the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Hilton Sorrento Palace and would appreciate if you could contact me directly may you wish to come back to Sorrento, so that we can provide you with exemplary service that keeps so many Guests returning to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Tina Vespoli
Personal Assistant to GM & DBD
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Disappointed and my notion of romance in Sorrento is lost with the Hilton Hotels.
I stayed here many years ago and wanted to come back with my husband because I had a memory of a high end hotel. What I would say is write your reviews at the end of your stay because had I written this the day I arrived, it would not have rated as high as it does now. The rooms are well below average, in fact my husband said they are like the Premier Inn standard. The bathroom is old and the towels are old and hard. The room we stayed in was called a 'King Guest Bedroom' which gives the notion it is 'grand' trust me it's not.....the views are to a stone wall. I asked to be upgraded and to speak to the general manager but he was of course too busy. I did however get a tour of some of the newer rooms and they are nice but a hefty 170 euro higher. We did get moved to the garden view which is better but the room is still sub standard. Last night a group of Americans decided to have a party at 2am this morning on the balcony and I had to complain twice to reception. Not the hotels fault and they did deal with the situation but all in all, my anticipation of staying in a lovely romantic hotel in Sorrento had dissipated. I would stay if you can get a better deal, stay downnown in a smaller and nicer hotel, there are many. Shame Hilton, you have let yourself down and lost a customer when you could have just upgraded us. I will write some reviews on some of the fabulous restaurants we have found. We are seasoned travellers and I always try to be fair to the hotels and restaurants but I would have to recommend that you don't stay here if you want a nice romantic stay in Sorrento. Oh finally, there isn't tea and coffee facilities so bring your own and the cooked breakfast is cold most mornings because for some reason they leave the lids up on the serving trays????? Would like to say that the breakfast room has amazing views and the lobby is vast. Staff can be a bit miserable in the restaurant and often ignore you in the morning when you want coffee and tea, this upsets my husband, not me. Reception staff are professional as you would expect. Daniella was particularly understanding to my cause but did not really resolve my room issue. No sauna, steam room or jacuzzi to relax in..........
Therefore, to not waste your money and book this hotel, it is not worth it, don't be fooled by the posted pictures, don't even think about it.

This place is shockingly bad for service - it is in a great location but let down by terrible management and staff. Nothing works as it should - no tea coffee in the rooms, no robes, a room safe with a key which reminds me of back in the old days, safe located inside the minibar on wheels and not tied down!!

Room Tip: You will have to pay a lot more money to upgrade to Executive. All the Guest Rooms are the same, sh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank MrsClark57
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear MrsClark57,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience at our property. Guest comments, whether positive or negative are always welcome and remedial actions are taken whenever possible.
It was with regret to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your stay in our hotel. With regards to the room category you booked, we have different room types (mountain view, garden view, sea view and Executive rooms) at a different price range and benefit.
I am happy to hear that you made your concerns about the rooms known to Daniela. During your stay, unfortunately the upgrade option was not available and the Hotel was running at very high occupancy. Sorry that the offered supplement were not accepted.
I am also sorry to hear that you did not feel our service at Breakfast to be enough personalized. I have addressed your concerns to the Food & Beverage Team and we’ll seek areas of improvement.
Thank you for your positive comments on the Reception staff, I have immediately conveyed them your appreciation.

Yours sincerely,