“Superb Hotel”

Ranked #32 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Sorrento Palace for 10 days beginning of July with mum (80) and ex-mum-in-law (70) and was very pleased with the hotel and its location. Desk staff extremely attentive and when there was a minor hiccup (I booked a tour by email and it was slightly different to the one I wanted) they immediately sent up a bottle of bubbly as an apology. The 10 minute walk into town was worth the views we had from our bedroom (we had a three bed room) and the 20 min walk back more than manageable for the 'mums'. Yes, there was a slight issue with noise in the corridors of people arriving and going but nothing worth really complaining about. Maid service superb with extra towels and toiletries in abundance. On checking out the mums (avid souvenir collectors) were given Hilton pens, pads etc as a parting gift. Have been in contact with the front desk on my return as I needed a website of a local shop - and bless them, they found it out and emailed me. Yes could be classed as basic for a 4or 5* but then I look on the Hilton as a business hotel. But that said the pools, bars, gardens and food were excellent. No queues, plenty of sunbeds with attentive attendants looking after the mums when I wasn't there. Thank you guys - would book again.

Room Tip: Get a view of Vesuvius - worth it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ali_Cat027
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Ali_Cat027,

I truly appreciated the precious time you dedicated to share your thoughts and impressions of the Hilton Sorrento Palace.
We are committed to become the best hotel in the area and your comment is giving us the right drive and motivation to achieve this goal.
If your travels should ever bring you back to Sorrento, please contact me directly as I would like to assure that your next stay will be an especially memorable one for all the right reasons.

I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Yours truly,
PA to GM & DBD

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sorrento Palace

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Sorrento for 6 days and loved every minute of it! the rooms were lovely, the pool area was great - the kids enjoyed the free kids club which was great! the garden around the hotel were very pretty and restful. we got to use the tennis courts and it was lovely being able to walk for 10 minutes to get into the town centre. it was peaceful and we enjoyed the walk especially after our big Italian dinners. the breakfasts were also very good - including a good variety of food. But what makes this place special is the staff - we were very fortunate to have been attended to by PINA at the front desk, she was happy, helpful and just a pleasure to deal with. We are very grateful to her for her assistance and recommendations. We will be definitely be coming back here and I hope PINA is still here too. Thank you for a wonderful stay in Sorrento!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank crossfitmum

Dear Crossfitmum,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Sorrento Palace.

I have conveyed to Pina as well as to all the Team, your appreciation for their service and professionalism, which contribute so much to customer satisfaction.
We are all looking forward to again welcoming you to Sorrento.

Arrivederci,

PA to GM & DBD

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed for 10 days in Sorrento Hilton. Hotel is situated within 10 mins of Sorrento's main street and the uphill walk is more than manageable. The views of the Bay & Vesuvius are stunning and worth the slight distance from town. Stayed in standard room and although basic was very spacious and well kept - soundproofing (or lack of) is an issue especially at night and lack of free wifi in rooms is also drawback. Pool and pool bar are excellent and more than enough sunbeds.
Staff are very friendly and approachable. Excellent breakfast service provided - main restaurant is slightly overpriced for quality provided.
Word of warning in terms of additional charges for quite a number of services which could be overlooked but in general a very good hotel in a stunning setting

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DjimiT
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Dear DjimiT,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Sorrento Palace as well as taking the time to convey your thoughts on your holiday! I am delighted to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit here with us!

On behalf of the entire Hilton Sorrento Palace Team, we hope we see you here again in the future!

Warmest Regards!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th Hilton hotel in various countries over the last 5 years. I chose Hilton for my 2week vacation based on my previous excellent experiences especially Venice which was exceptional.
Unfortunately the Sorrento Palace does not come close to the other Hilton hotels and at very best I would rate as 3 star.
For balance to this review I will list the positives which were the breakfast, pools & location all of which were good (not excellent). Now the areas that are just not good enough:
The floors in room are not clean, insufficient toiletires and not replaced every day. I had to change room due to privacy issues , I paid significantly more for a sea view however coild not open curtains as thr view was directly over seating areas. The rooms are small and VERY basic, there are also major noise problems in the corridors. I did explain these issues to reception however there was no interest to record or address in future. I also posted suggestions in hotel. I am a Hilton honors member however I need to reconsider hotel optiond for the future.
If you are going to Sorrento then I would suggest looking at other options.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dclark635
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Dclark635,

Thank you very much for your comments further to your stay at the Hilton Sorrento Palace.

I am sorry that you did not like your room location, July is a very busy time for us and unless previously arranged, it is very difficult for us to have your room switched or provide upgrades.

We are pleased to hear that you found so many other aspects of the hotel pleasing such as the pool, breakfast, and overall location.

I would be delighted if you chose to return to our property and would appreciate if you contacted me should you wish to arrange your next holiday in Sorrento.

With kind regards,

Paolo Pedrazzini

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have just returned from 6 nights at the Hilton Sorrento. I was very disappointed in several ways, in fact, I'm not sure where to start. On the positive side the location is good, and the views are spectacular.

We arrived at approximately 3.30pm after a very long train journey. We were told that our room wasn't ready yet, and would we like a courtesy room in the meantime. I understand that check in is from 2pm so this really wasn't a very good start.

The room was very basic. There was a very 'budget' feel to the room. Three drawers and an open rail for hanging clothes. I have to say that there were plenty of good size towels in the bathroom and the (very small packets) of toiletries were replaced adequately, but it left a lot to be desired. The in room safe is very small and isn't electronic but uses a key. The fan in the bathroom was inefficient.

There is no soundproofing at all. We could hear every time a trolley or anything else was wheeled past the room, or every time the neighbouring room guests returned or went out. We could hear when the people next to us were using the shower. One morning the hallway was being hoovered at 9am, which I think is perhaps a little early given such thin doors. The doors actually felt like I could punch through them with one punch.

There is free wifi in the lobby, but it was not very good, or quick, and kept cutting out. This was not just on one device but on several so it was definitely the wifi not the device. There is a charge of 7.50 Euros for 24 hours of wifi and this is much quicker.

The staff are reasonably friendly, although service in both the bar area and pool restaurant was mixed. Sometimes incredibly slow, and sometimes ok. The pool attendants were the friendliest of any of the staff.

Breakfast was very average. Long queues for some things, and also sometimes to be seated. Sometimes we would go for breakfast and nobody came to seat us, even though there were plenty of staff around.

One day during our stay we had a problem in our bathroom with water flooding up into the bath and bidet from the plug holes. I reported this to reception immediately and told them it was spilling over. They assured me someobdy would come. Nobody came, and 1.5 hours later I told them not to bother, that it had stopped and that I had cleaned the mess up. They simply said 'ok and thanked me for letting them know'.

I then asked another member at reception for a 'comments form' and he said of course he would give me one and joked that it was only for good comments. I laughed and explained what had happened in the bathroom and he also just said ok.

Not sure what I expected but perhaps just a better attitude?

There was a conference or some sort of business group in the hotel for some of the period we were there, and it was clear that the staff were looking after them very well and staff seemed to be reassigned to be helping them rather than 'ordinary' hotel guests.

I would definitely not return to this hotel, and it would actually put me off visiting another Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Louise L
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Louise L,

First and foremost, thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Sorrento Palace. Guests’ comments, whether positive or negative are always welcome and remedial actions are taken whenever possible. We appreciate the opportunity to hear our Guests’ opinion concerning our property and take this as constructive feedback that can help us better our service.

I have relayed your kind comments to our Pool Attendants about their friendly service and I am so happy you enjoyed the views from our hotel!

It was with regret and surprise that I learned that you were not completely satisfied with your stay in our hotel, especially regarding the breakfast and our staff, since these are often reviewed as some of our strongest assets. However, your comments were also shared with the Food & Beverage Team as well as the Front Desk. I am even sorrier you did you try to contact me directly, so that I could have addressed your concerns immediately and in person in the hopes that I could have made your stay more enjoyable and pleasant.

The week that you stayed with us we were absolutely booked, and the housekeeping staff was doing the best job they could to release clean rooms to guests upon their arrival. I apologize for the wait for your room.

I am pleased to inform you that we are currently carrying out some upgrades and renovations in guestrooms and the sound proof system will be improved as well as many of the amenities.

All of our guests needs are incredibly important to us and we only wish for you to enjoy your stay here in Sorrento. I have addressed the Front Desk staff about your dissatisfaction.

I would value the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Hilton Sorrento Palace and in Hiltons World Wide and would appreciate it immensely if you would contact me directly may you wish to come back to Sorrento, so that we can provide you with the exemplary service that keeps so many Guests returning to our hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Paulo Pedrazzini

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at the Sorrento Hilton and we were very happy with our choice! The hotel is up about 10 blocks from the center but it was perfect to be a little bit away from the crowds and still have a pool and views to enjoy! We hope to return someday!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dearest Vicky R,

We are so happy you found every aspect of your holiday at the Hilton Sorrento Palace to be wonderful! Thank you for sharing your comments!

On behalf of the entire Hilton Sorrento Palace Team, I can say with absolute certainty, we would be delighted to welcome you back to our Hotel! If your travels should bring you back to the Sorrento Coast in the future, rest assured that the Team and I remain at your disposal and we hope to see you again!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Myself and my friend had a lovely week at the Sorrento Palace. The rooms were lovely and the friendly service from the staff was unexpected for such a large hotel. The location was perfect, just a short walk down the hill to the town full of lovely restaurants. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: A higher room will give you a better view. We were on the ground floor so we could only just see ove...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Darling Laure B,

It is a pleasure to read that you and your friend enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Sorrento Palace! Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts regarding your time spent here!

We truly hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a return trip to our lovely coast! The Team and I shall remain at your disposal should you need any assistance!

Warmest Regards,