Grand Hotel Capodimonte(Sorrento)
US$512
US$490
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
US$363
US$261
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Vue D'Or(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$296
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori(Sorrento)
US$1,100
Orbitz.com
3,581 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeindoor poolkids clubdiamond membersettimo loungebay of naplessea viewlarge hotelfamily roomwalk into townup hillmain restauranttop floormount vesuviusbeautiful hoteltrain stationamazing views
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The staff at the hotel were extremely disengaged. Whether it be reception, bar or getting breakfast. The attitude of staff seemed to be that guests were some kind of irritation that they had to begrudgingly deal with

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2014

Dear Duane B,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience at our property.

As said in our previous correspondence, it was with regret and surprise to learn that you were not completely satisfied with your stay in our hotel, especially with regards to our breakfast service and our staff professionalism. This was a surprise as our Staff is usually regarded as one of are most highly reviewed assets, as indicated by many other reviews such as the ones by Riknita, PennyLane85Cumbria, or JonesTour13.

However, your comments have been shared with our entire Team and immediate actions have been taken. I am even sorrier that you did not try to contact me directly, so that I could have addressed your concerns in person and made your stay more enjoyable and pleasant.

I would value the opportunity to restore your confidence in our Hotel and would appreciate if you could contact me directly may you wish to come back to Sorrento, so that we can provide you with exemplary service that keeps so many Guests returning to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel has many positives. An exceptional pool where you can slide down from one section to the next, lovely open public areas, plenty sun loungers round the pool, excellent buffet breakfast which includes a chef to make crepes and omelettes. I felt the reception staff could have been more welcoming. Rarely did they smile and on the two occasions we needed their help it was given somewhat grudgingly. On arrival the family room on the 6th floor which we were allocated was extremely noisy from whatever was going on upstairs. Their first attempt to resolve this was to try to put us in a small room where there was the constant sound of running water from pipes behind the wall. Finally they found a decent alternative on the 4th floor although the room doors are thin and you hear people passing and opening nearby doors. Second problem was when I returned to the room at 1am to find the key wasn't working and it took 4 different employees to let me in the room.
The hotel location wasn't a problem for us - 10 minute walk downhill to Sorrento town centre where there is a large selection of Italian restaurants but there's pretty much no alternative to Italian and after a few days we were getting pretty fed up with pizza, pasta or steak. The hotel restaurants are expensive and for the sake of the stroll into town we got much better value.
The kids club was excellent. Attentive staff kept the kids amused throughout the day (from around 10am to 5pm), mainly pool based activities. In the winter the hotel opens it's indoor pool which is very picturesque and makes a lovely setting for wedding banquets.
To summarise, if a large pool with kids activities is what you're after this is probably as good as it gets in Sorrento. If the pool is of no interest there are plenty other hotels in the centre of town to consider.

Room Tip: Avoid the 6th floor as there seems to be a lot of noise coming from the Executive rooms and Executive pool area on the 7th floor. Family rooms are at the rear of the hotel, facing the cliff side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Iain N
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Dear Lain68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your holiday with us at the Hilton Sorrento Palace. It was lovely to read you enjoyed our spacious pool and pool area, all of our shared spaces, wonderful breakfast, great location and fantastic Kids Club!

Rest assured we take all of your comments very seriously and I was sorry to hear you did not find all of our Staff at the Reception to be attentive and happy to help as we aim to give all of our Guests the exemplary service they deserve! I have addressed these concerns with the Front Desk Team. It was with surprise that I read of your dissatisfaction with your room on the 6th floor, as these rooms are typically reviewed very well indeed! I am very pleased we were able find you a room that satisfied all of your Family and your needs for your holiday to be pleasurable and relaxing!

We hope if you choose to return to the Sorrento Coast, you will contact us, for we would gladly welcome a return visit from your family to our Hotel!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went to Italy for our 10 year wedding anniversary and stayed at this Hilton Hotel because I am a Hilton Honors Member. They were very nice and helpful (we emailed the concierge a few weeks before our trip and booked reservations at restaurants and trips for the Almafi coast drive and Pompeii). I read reviews on Trip Advisor before our stay and was hesitant about staying here because of the complaints people wrote about the noise in the morning. It is true the dishes rattling and juice maker are loud but it didn't bother us since we were up early ready to go out for the day. They were nice enough to have champagne in the room when we arrived but the rooms were a bit old and the pool was very crowded. Also we didn't have free Wi-fi in the room even though I am a Hilton honors members (note we stayed at the Intercontinental hotel in Rome and I am also a member of the IHG hotels and they gave us free Wi-fi and a free room upgrade). There were a lot of kids staying at the hotel which was okay but unexpected for us since we left our kids at home. the views from the hotel and our room were amazing but like other reviewers the location is away from the main town. If I would go again I would stay somewhere closer to town or along the water. Downtown Sorrento is so much fun. If you are looking for a nice place to eat there is a local restaurant close to the hotel (they provide a free shuttle and I am surprised the hotel did not recommend it on their list to me). The place is Donna Sofia (one of the best places to eat if you are tired of walking to town one night)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear DJMNC,

Salute to you and your 10th Wedding Anniversary! Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Sorrento Palace for your extremely special occasion! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your holiday. As a Hilton Honors Member, you are one of our most valued Guests, and we truly appreciate your continued loyalty!
I was so pleased to read you found our Team to be extremely helpful, especially in regards to assisting with your plans prior to your arrival! It is also wonderful to hear you enjoyed the spectacular views offered from our property! As you can see from the various comments regarding our property, there are diverging opinions concerning its location, some very favorable and others less favorable. What I can offer is the view we have from our hotel grounds would not be possible if we were closer to town, unless situated directly on the water, even then not offering the same sweeping views of the entire city and sea.
It was surprising that Donna Sofia was not recommended to you, as this is typically on our go to short list. However, with so many restaurants to choose from, we try our best to help narrow down the options!
Should your travels bring you on a return visit to our coast, I hope you will allow us to welcome you back to the Hilton Sorrento Palace! We would be honored to have you as a return Guest! The Team and I remain at your complete disposal should you require any further assistance!
All the Warmest Regards,

Tina Vespoli
PA to GM & DBD
HIlton Sorrento Palace

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Because of the beautiful views, fantastic pool, great kids club, gorgeous gardens and terraces, yummy breakfast and kind restaurant/buffet staff, this review would have been 5 stars but for the inflexibility of the reception staff. The welcome was not warm and the rate at the hotel was consistently higher than the Expedia rate. Even when we showed them the rate, they did not match the price, contrary to the best price guaranty by Hilton, causing us to extend and re-extend though Expedia and not benefit from our Hilton honors benefits. I called Hilton when back in the US only to be told that we had to report the 200 euros/night discrepancy within 24 hrs to Hilton in the US. I just wish the reception had mentioned that. Nothing was offered to make up for the inconvenience. Service is simply much better in the US Hiltons.
Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay and in fact, extended it twice! Rental car is a must due to long distance from everything and can be obtained from a small rental car company just down the road from the hotel. Once you have a car, Sorrento is the best situated town, allowing daytrips to glamorous Capri, picturesque Positano, beautiful Amalfi, breathtaking Pompei, majestic Vesuvius and the big city feel of Napoli.
The hotel is gorgeous and should be rated as a 5 star. Hopefully, the reception staff will try a little harder to keep the guests happy and the 5 star reviews will pour in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Dear Voyageurnina,

As a Hilton Honors Member, your continued loyalty and support of our Hilton Family is greatly appreciated and you truly are one of our most valuable customers. Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your holiday to Sorrento! I also thank you for sharing your experience regarding your time with us. Both the positive and the negative comments are welcome, for not only can we recognize where we have succeeded with high quality, but we can be made aware of where we can better our services, as we are always striving to surpass expectations and be the superior choice.

I am so elated to hear you feel we should be a 5 star hotel due to our pools, Kids Club, lovely gardens and terraces, delicious breakfast, fabulous Food & Beverage Team and of course our sweeping views! It was so pleasing to read you extended your stay not once, but Twice!

It is with regret and surprise that I read of your dissatisfaction with our Front Desk Team. I would be very interested to understand more in depth the matter of the rate discrepancy that occurred during your stay. This is against our Company Policy to deny Guests the best rate and therefore, should technically be impossible. If you would like, you may contact me personally at rrohi_gm@hilton.com.

We hope to see you and your family again soon! The Team and I remain at your complete disposal!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is ideal for families as it has a kids club the team who look after this are amazing especially Lucia who my daughter Coco loved.the pool restaurant was great staff and food lovely especially the pizzas
The evening meal was nice but if half board there wasn't a big choice.
Overall we were very happy the only downside is it is quite a walk but not too far we found a short cut into the main piazza.
Worth a visit

• Stayed: July 2014
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Dear Gaby015,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your holiday to Sorrento! We pride ourselves on being a family hotel, and we are so delighted to hear when our Guests feel their family is at home with us!

What a pleasure to hear that our Kids Club Team made such a wonderful impression on your daughter! I have shared your comments with our darling Lucia and I am so happy to share, she is expecting to be a mom soon herself!

On behalf of the entire Hilton Sorrento Palace Team, we hope we can welcome you and your family back again for a future visit! Until then, we remain at your disposal.

Warmest Regards,