“An Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Brisbane, Australia
“An Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed our stay at the Hilton. The rooms were clean and modern. The service was helpful and friendly. The resort is large and grand with a beautiful.

The only down sides are that the hotel is located on top of a hill (which is a plus) but there is not shuttle so it is not an enjoyable walk back up! It certainly effects the amounts of times that you visit the town centre.
The only issue is the amount of chairs around the pool. There was obviously ALOT more people than chairs and people would come out early in the morning and put towels on chairs to 'hold' them.

The breakfast was great!! There were plenty of options and plenty of room. We had dinner there one night and it was very good with a lovely view but it is expensive.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear Kobi W,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience of your holiday at our Hotel! Your feedback is very precious to us because it enables us to not only improve upon our services but, also recognize and reward a job well done!

I was glad to read you found the rooms and our Hotel on the whole to be lovely and enjoyable and was even more pleased to read your remarks regarding the Staff you encountered during your stay! I am also happy to hear all of the meals you shared with us were delightful and you were able to enjoy the exquisite views of The Bay of Naples!

We sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Sorrento Palace in the future! The Team and I remain at your complete disposal should you wish to book a return trip!

All the Best,

Hilton Sorrento Palace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sorrento, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hilton Sorrento palace. The breakfast was fantastic, lots of choice and of very good quality. The rooms were clean and comfortable and there were plenty of sunbeds at all times of the day. The only drawback was the walk into town but the spectacular views really made up for this. Steer clear of taxis as they were very expensive!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
Darling Jayne S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Sorrento Palace and thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience! I am so elated to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your holiday with us, especially your room and our pool area, our breakfast and of course the unmistakable views!

We absolutely hope you will join us for a holiday again in the future! The Team and I remain at your disposal!

All the Warmest Regards,

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Hilton Sorrento Palace in August. I chose this hotel since i had Hilton honors points I could use for at least 1 night. The hotel lobby is beautiful and has a great view of Vesuvius. We paid the extra for the seaview room and it cost plenty! The room was very standard and the beds were so uncomfortable. Not a heavenly bed we are used to at Hilton. The bathroom was standard...and so disappointing for the amount of money we spent. rooms are clean and housekeeping attentive. Rooms not soundproofed. I heard neighbors alarm clocks, phone ringing every day.
The breakfast was well worth it and the staff at breakfast wonderful.
Dinner in the restaurant outside was awful and expensive, although the view was magnificent. I did complain about my meal but no offer to accomodate me was attempted by the manager.
The pool was beautiful and clean but sooo crowded we could find no where to sit. Lots of kids.
Wifi was extra in room which was insulting. the reviews I read about the walk up the hill to the hotel are true...what a hike especially in the heat. they really need a shuttle to downtown or to the pier at least. Taxi's are about 20 Euros ow ....so that is expensive to do.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear 333Joanne,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience at our property.

I am pleased to hear that you found so many aspects of The Hilton Sorrento Palace pleasing, such as the pool, breakfast, cleanliness and overall area and view. I have forwarded your lovely comments to our Housekeeping and Breakfast Staff!

I am also sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with the dinner at our restaurant. I have addressed your concerns to the Food & Beverage Team and immediate action has been taken and we are seeking areas of improvement.

August is the busiest month throughout all of Sorrento and we are a family hotel. During this time of year our hotel is fully booked and the swimming area is teaming with children and adults alike on Holidays!

Please rest assured that management takes all comments very seriously and is open to any confrontation or compromise to reasonably accommodate our Guests and this is why we have so many clients returning to the Hilton Sorrento Palace year after year.

I would value the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Hilton Sorrento Palace and would appreciate if you could contact me directly may you wish to come back to Sorrento, so that I can help with your room selection and be sure our team can provide you with the exemplary service that keeps so many Guests returning to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We loved, loved this hotel & hope to visit again for a longer period of time! We found all the staff at this hotel to be professional & courteous. We especially appreciated Maria (we believe was her name...young, blond hair) that checked us into the hotel making us feel so welcome after a long drive for the port of a cruise. Our room on the 7th floor (room 718) was gorgeous! It was so spacious with a large balcony that overlooked the mountains & sea. We were fortunate to be on the executive floor which gave us access to the beautiful lounge and terrace with breathtaking views! You could sit outside on the terrace or inside with views accessible from either. The food and drinks were plentiful and delicious! The restaurant on their main floor was lovely as we sat on the terrace which also had breathtaking views. The hotel was a convenient 10-15 walk to all the shops and cafes that stayed lively well into the evening. We also went on two tours through the hotel which were fabulous. We absolutely loved everything about this hotel with staying on the executive floor and having club access. We hope to return one day staying longer to enjoy the hotel and area. Thank you Hilton Sorrento Palace for making our stay with you a wonderful memory!

Room Tip: Stay on one of the executive floors with club entry access. We loved room 718 with the beautiful la...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonSorrentoPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Dear Ms. Marcia H,

You are a treasure! Thank you for your brilliant review of our hotel and Team, especially noting the lovely Miss Maria at on our Front Desk Team! I have conveyed to all of our staff your appreciation for their professionalism and showered Maria with praise for her exceptional service! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel including your Executive Room, the Settimo Club Lounge, all of the spectacular views, the food both in the Club and the Sorrento Lounge dinner and service.

Your feedback is precious because it allows our management and employees to recognize and reward a job of high quality.

The Team and I truly hope you do return to Sorrento and choose to stay with us again at the Hilton Sorrento Palace! We remain at your complete disposal!

Until Next Time, Warmest Regards,

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Well above average when compared to the traditional Italian hotel - ok, so I generalise but there is much that it is wonderful about Italy - hotels, for me, is not one of them. Sitting at one of Sorrento's highest residential points, the views across the bay to Vesuvius and Naples are outstanding. The pool is nice if a little cramped, notable because they do try to provide enough beds and chairs for everyone. Poolside bar great, Sorrento bar also good although food menu a little scant and over-priced. Rooms ok. Exec lounge lacked atmosphere and not always cleaned as quickly as it ought to be. Staff very good everywhere. Would stay here again if visiting Sorrento

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank richardvwoods66
HiltonSorrentoPalace, General Manager at Hilton Sorrento Palace, responded to this review, 7 October 2014
Dear Mr. Richard66UK,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay! Our Guest’s feedback is invaluable because it enables us to better the service we provide and we regard each review as constructive. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the exquisite view, the pool and La Pagoda Bar, The Sorrento Lounge and Bar, and our Staff.

We offer an exclusive menu in the Sorrento Lounge Restaurant, only offering items that are local and fresh, many from our own garden, which if you did not have the opportunity to view on this stay, I hope I can personally give you a tour upon your next visit!

Thank you again for your positive review! The Team and I hope we can welcome you again to the Hilton Sorrento Palace in the future!

The Team and I remain at your complete disposal.
Kind Regards,

Lichfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

What a wonderful place. This hotel by far surpassed our expectations in every way. The comfort, facilities and staff were just wonderful. In my opinion the only place to stay in Sorrento. Wonderful for families but also for couples, this hotel caters for every need. It felt safe for my children to have a bit of freedom and standards were high making a wonderful environment to relax on your hard earned break.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ms. Sharon F,

What a wonderful comment! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel! I am so pleased to hear we have surpassed all of your expectations and that you and your family enjoyed both our facilities and our Team!

We hope you choose to return to the Bay of Naples and we can welcome you and your family back with open arms to the Hilton Sorrento Palace!

Our Team and I remain at your full disposal.

Warmest Regards,

Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Booking on the website, we were promised a smoke-free room with Hilton Serenity Bed. We arrived to find the standard, hard European mattress (bottom of the line). We complained, and were told the Level 7 hotel had received a "waiver," meaning although the website promised Hilton standards, they did not have to meet those standards. They tried to accommodate us by adding a comforter to make the bed softer, and we appreciated that. Just as we settled in for the night, our room filled with the choking smell of smoke. We called to complain and were told they would look into it in the morning! Unable to sleep, we called again. Someone came up to inspect our room and offered to move us for the night (What about the people who are smoking?!), and they never addressed the root problem of our neighbors smoking in a non-smoking room! It doesn't help you can hear toilets flushing as well conversations from other rooms as the doors are hollow. The only selling point so far is the view. The hotel is high up on a hill but far away from the city center, and no shuttle is offered. Keep in mind, this place costs $400+ a night. So sad! We were so excited about this trip and this hotel and are still here right now hoping they address the problems. We are still hoping for a way to enjoy this vacation.

Room Tip: Even the lower levels offer a good view of the water.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Honeymooners_811
Dear Honeymooners_811,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience at our property and as a Silver Hilton Honors Member, we appreciate your loyalty and continued patronage.

We are sorry about the misunderstanding and we are so glad you brought your dissatisfaction to our attention during your stay as it gave us the opportunity to rectify the amenity description on our website.

For your stay in Sorrento we had 3 different reservations totalling 4 nights, and only for the reservation on the garden view room we received for the second night it was mistakenly indicated that there would be a serenity bed in the hotel. Of course in an effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible we have granted a garden view upgrade also the first, thind and fourth night.

My Front Desk and Housekeeping Staff informed me that immediate action was taken on your behalf and not only was a comforter added to your bed for additional comfort as you had mentioned in your Trip Advisor comment, but also your mattress was replaced in room 208.

As for the unpleasant smoke smell in your room, we have all realised that it was coming from the bathroom extraction as most probably some other guests were smoking in a room adjacent to yours. We are so sorry if this caused any inconveniences.

The Front Desk Staff offered you a new room that very night, but you declined the offer and wished to remain in your room.

The very next morning, we made certain you were upgraded to an Executive Room, and you were offered complimentary access to our extremely exclusive Settimo Club Lounge on the 7th floor. I hope that this experience restored your confidence in the Hilton Sorrento Palace and made your stay with us much more enjoyable. Personally, I was disappointed to see that you still felt so strongly and so negatively about that first night to deserve such a bad review, as I really feel we tried to accommodate you needs in any possible way and this was the impression I had after meeting with your husband.

I would welcome the opportunity to see you again at the Hilton Sorrento Palace and it will be my pleasure to look after your reservation and room allocation should you wish to visit again the Penisola Sorrentina.

Kindest Regards,