Grand Hotel Ambasciatori
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Hotel Riviera(Sorrento)
Rota Suites(Sorrento)
View Hotel
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
Hotel Zi Teresa(Sorrento)
Grand Hotel Royal(Sorrento)
Hotel Tourist(Sorrento)
Hotel Capri(Sorrento)
1,631 results
All reviewssea viewthe cliffbay of naplesbeach barbathing platformprivate beachhotel groundssmall balconylovely hotelour honeymoonten minute walksun deckamazing viewshalf boardtown centrejunior suiteevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I first stayed at the Grand Hotel Ambasciatori two years ago and when I was planning my return trip to Sorrento to celebrate my 30th birthday I didn't consider staying anywhere else. This hotel represents the essence of Sorrento for me and personafies the perfect Italian hotel experience. Wanting to make the most of my time with three of my best friends we reserved a suite that slept four. The suite had two bedrooms, separate bathroom, adjoined living area and balcony. The suite was spacious and over the 5 days we stayed there we never felt cramped. I love the Italian floor tiles, high ceilings, antique-esq furnishings that the rooms at the hotel bring, it really adds to the experience. We didn't have dinner that the hotel however I did have lunch by the pool and beach and the quality of food is to a very high standard, great salads in particular. I also enjoyed many glasses of wine, beer and the odd cocktail which were always served by the most pleasant of waiters.
The position of the hotel is ideal with a comfortable ten minute stoll into the centre of Sorrento. You should pay the extra and book a sea view room as waking up to the Bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius is unmissable, that said all of the hotel amenties...the pool, lounge areas, beach and restaurant and positioned to look out on this amazing view so you won't miss out.
My only disappointment on my second visit (very minor may I add) was that during breakfast the waiters no longer provide the personal service of bringing your coffee with warm foamed milk to your table, it's now self service from a coffee canister and its just not the same in experience or taste. However when I asked for specially made double espresso they brought to me without quibble each morning.
For me there is no question in my mind, I will return for a third time to Sorrento and there is only hotel for me...Grand Hotel Ambasciatori.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2012

What a lovely hotel.The location is just perfect.It is about a ten minute walk to the main piazza, which is just enough to walk off all the chocolate gelato you will consume in this romantic town. The local wines are great! The rooms are beautiful, the bathrooms large and elegant. We had Room 609, which has a large terrace and drop dead views of the sea, the coastline, Mt. Vesuvius and Capri. The gardens are magical. They are large and lush, with beautiful views. There is a gorgeous pool area with a bar and snack service, or you can take the elevator down through the cliffs to large decks over the water and a small private beach. This area also has a snack bar and an attendant. The breakfast buffet is excellent, with foods to satisfy the large number of Brits, Europeans and Americans that are staying here. We did not take advantage of the meal package they offer for dinner in the dining room, choosing instead to find little restaurants in the neighborhood. Some were good. Some were not, but the hotel dining room was packed each night we were there. It is an elegant room and the menu looked very good. I love this place and am so happy we stayed here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sea. It will cost more but I think it is worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The room we stayed had an amazing view of the sea and the Vesuvio! The room was big, clean and clear. it also had a small balcony. Dinner and breakfast were good. We were dissapointed with the hotel front desk, the staff wasn't helpfull and nice as you expected them to be at a hotel like this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony and sea view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

There are many words to describe our special day, perfect is just one of the many words. From the minute we first booked our dream wedding through Citalia, the customer service we received throughout our booking was outstanding, every single customer service agent I spoke to were not only very helpful and efficient, but also very cheerful and was a pleasure to speak to them on every occassion. Once we had made our booking we were offered a wedding planner called Tiziana, well what can I say, she was wonderful and again the service that she gave really was second to none, it was outstanding, nothing was ever to much trouble and if I ever needed to email her with a question, I never ever had to wait long for an answer, she was so very efficient
Once we arrived at our hotel, we knew we had made the right choice choosing the Ambasciatori hotel. it was stunning and the staff were so very attentive. On the Tuesday we spent the day with Antonella who works closely with Tiziana and was also our wedding planner for the duration of our wedding, the moment we made contact with Antonella I knew everything would run very smoothly, she really had such a warm presence and really made us feel very at ease, we really could not have asked for anymore. My whole family fell in love with her.

The run up to the wedding was so smooth and our special day was so beautiful and we were so pleased we had chosen the Cloisters as our location for our wedding, it was such a huge success and all of our guests (27 in total) commented on numerous occassions how smoothly the whole day had gone and how they were so pleased that they had come so far to share our special day with us in such a beautiful location. The service that Antonella gave really was outstanding and its because of both herself and Tiziana that it was so wonderful.

When choosing our hotel to stay in for part of the wedding party, which included our family and four other very good friends (13 adults and two children) it took me quite a few months to decide on the best one and there was a lot of pressure to choose the best one as not only would we be spending our honeymoon there but I did not want to let anyone down. it was a choice between the Hotel Ambasciatori and the Hotel Bristol. I was very pleased with my choice and chose the best one.

The hotel was outstanding, not only throughout the duration of our weeks stay but we also chose for our wedding breakfast to be held there as well as well. from the service from the Events manager and all of his team, to the layout of the reception and the food was so amazing. They really did go out of their way to make it so special and our family and our guests all commented on what a beautiful reception it was, especially the presentation of the cutting of the wedding cake

I am so pleased that we booked our dream wedding with Citalia and so very pleased we chose the hotel Ambasciatori as our hotel, not only for our weeks stay in Sorrento but also for our beautiful wedding reception.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank marie02042009
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed here unfortunatley one for one night but it was a beautiful hotel with great views and food. The room was spacious and clean. The service was also very good.

Would stay there the next time in Sorrento!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple