Imperial Hotel Tramontano
US$196
US$163
Grand Hotel Riviera(Sorrento)
US$393
Hotel Villa Fiorita(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Prestige Sorrento(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$140
Hotel La Vue D'Or(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Gardenia Sorrento Coast(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$239
US$232
Hotels.com
1,224 results
All reviewssea viewbay of napleshotel lifthistoric hotelthe cliffprivate liftbar terracepastriespool areaour honeymoonmount vesuviuslovely hotelpublic roomsbreakfast roomjunior suitelarge balconyfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Me and my husband stayed here for our honeymoon. Lovely staff and the food was excellant too. The hotel was kept very clean... stunning inside!

The hotel is just walking distance away from the main square. We stayed in a sea view room where you can also see Mount Vesuvius.

We shall be going back there without a doubt. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are gorgeous.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We were on tour with Durgan Travel Services which had selected this hotel. We were here during the "off season" (end of October/earlyNovember ). The weather was still quite lovely so we kept the windows to our room open all the time. The Imperial Hotel Tramontano is a classic Mediterranean property with a fascinating history of its own as it was originally built by joining two aristocratic villas. Sheer elegance describes the decor of this place with its beautiful and colorful tiled floors and furniture made of Sorrentine inlaid wood. The view from our room as well as from their gathering rooms and dining room is beyond magnificent, facing the sea with the incredibly picturesque coastline of the town.Our room also had the magnificent tiled floors and inlaid wood furniture. We felt like royalty!!! Our stay included breakfast and dinner in their elegant dining room, and let me tell you, we felt we ate like royalty. Do not plan to diet if you are staying here!! Location was perfect as the Sorrento streets were a 2 minute walk away.Our tour was reasonably priced so I am sure the travel company negotiated a decent price for the rooms. I would stay here again in a NY minute, no doubt about it.

1  Thank mariannek18360
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed here with a friend. So centrally located it was convenient for ferries to Capri and also the arrival by ferry from Sorrento. Restaurants are 2 minutes away, the Sorrento Musical is also about a 2 minute walk, the Tourist Bureau and shopping are all minutes away. Hotel has history and beautiful views along with excellent service. Beach access by elevator. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Astrobuff
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Excellent hotel - location,food,service,accomodation,staff

Room Tip: Our room has a view over the Bay of Naples and a beautiful balcony. Well worth paying the extra as we were able to sit on balcony in the evening even at end of October.
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I was planning a trip with my wife to Sorrento and wanted to find a good location and also meet our expectations in regard to amentities that we are accustomed to from fine hotels. We always stay in luxury/high end properties. I also realize frm experience, in Europe these needs are often difficult to achieve outside the largest cities.
That said, I didn't want to get a stinker with all the options in Sorrento. We chose the Tramontano and requested a room with a sea view. After a long trip we arrived in the evening and were delighted with the comfort of the room. When we awoke, things got even better. I stepped out onto the terrace and had the most incredible view of the Bay and Vesuvius that one could imagine. Plus the location is in the heart of Old Sorrento. The staff was wondeful across the board. The property was in excellent shape. The breakfast was at least on par with other Italian hotels. The breakfast staff is quiet and efficient and I'm guessing that they are quiet because they are intimidated by speaking English. They are still very friendly and accomodating. The made service was excellent. They stopped by every evening to ask if we needed extra towels, a rarity in European hotels in general and a very nice touch.
I honestly could not recommend a better hotel in Sorrento. It isn't cheap, but compared to Capri/Positano/Rome, it is an absolute steal.
I'd love to come back sooner than my schedule will allow!

Room Tip: If you don't get a Sea View you are missing the best part of the hotel!
1  Thank davec452