Hotel Bristol
US$169
Grand Hotel Riviera(Sorrento)
US$393
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Prestige Sorrento(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$140
Hotel del Mare(Sorrento)
US$196
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Gardenia Sorrento Coast(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$102
  • Pool
Villaggio Verde(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$155
  • Pool
Hotel La Vue D'Or(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Fiorita(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$118
Hotel Central(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$232
Hotels.com
2,548 results
All reviewsvilla bianca suitesbay of napleshalf boardjunior suiteour honeymoonstunning viewsbusy roadmarina grandeoverlooking the baylovely hotelrooftop poolevening mealeggs and baconmount vesuviusrestaurant staffroom numbersun loungers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2011

If you get a room with a balcony, you will be thrilled with this hotel. The views are spectacular from the balcony. Pros: short walk to the square, breakfast and dinner included was helpful with expenses, pizza first night terrific. Con's: Wifi expensive, coffee after dinner seems to be a hastle for them, hair dryer of little use because nozzle too wide, no shelves in bathroom for cosmetics, bathroom door not hinged properly so always closing, shower enclosures are impossible, water runs all over the tiled floor. Bathmat does not work and shower floor slippery so be careful. However in all fairness, shower comments . . . that's all over Europe and most hotels, so no surprise for a seasoned traveler.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank annsTrip
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed a the Bristol in late October for 3 nights, planning on using Sorrento as a base to explore other areas nearby, including the Amalfi coast. Instead of just being a place to sleep comfortably, it turned out to be one of the highlights of our stay in Italy.
We requested a quiet room with a view/balcony, and were put in a large, spotless, well furnished 6th floor room with a stunning view of the town, coastline and Bay of Naples. The balcony was small but more than adequate for two people to sit comfortably. With floor to ceiling windows, it was to leave the room! The hotel is on the edge of the town, just a few blocks up a coastal road from the town, yet was an easy and safe 5 minute walk from the restaurants, shops, etc.
The best part of our stay was the exceptional service provided by the hotel staff. Everyone, from housecleaning to the restaurant to the front desk, made extra efforts to be friendly and helpful. In particular, Salvatori (front desk) was extremely supportive, providing information and guidance to this confused traveler. When I had difficulty understanding the in-room safe operation, he personally rushed up to the room to provide assistance. He and the rest of the staff personified a high level of professionalism I have rarely seen in 30+ years of heavy travel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this part of Italy.

P.S. - It is best to take a taxi to/from the train station, but walking to/from town day or night for tourist activity is easy.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to avoid coastal road traffic noise and enjoy a stunning view. It's worth the extra cost for a balcony view room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank B A
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I booked this hotel for my wifes 50th birthday,and it didnt live up to its 5t rating or the comments i had interpreted from the brochure.
Firstly the hotel has 2 restaurants for evening meals,we had a choice of menu for our stay and the food was not as good as expected,the salad bar was the worst i have encountered in italy with very little choice.
We decided to opt out of evening meal twice so we could have lunch on the top floor restaurant and found that more selective and better than the dining room.
The staff are impeccable in every way and couldnt fault them whatsover.
Poolside is very relaxing and there is another bar above the pool via some steps which also doesnt offer much in the way of food.
The most disappointing aspect was the costly charge to use a hydro pool within the tiny gym complex,i think this was never used by anyone all the time during our stay.
Room was dated and although clean ,not at all a 5 t rating.
My take is it should be 3 t and thats it.
Views are VERY good and I think this is what they must be rating the hotel by.
Overall a nice hotel that has 5 t staff but everything else 3t.

Room Tip: sea view a must
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank dvdwrght7
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My Husband & I went to this hotel in October this year, we were not disappointed!!
Having read all the reviews I chose to stay here. The location, food, staff & excursions were fab!! Even the weather was better than normal for this time of year!!
I must say the restaurant staff were brilliant, with nothing being too much trouble, & the views whilst eating were amazing!! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. With just a short stroll down into the town of Sorrento & harbour it is perfect.
Thankyou The Bristol, we will be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to get a good view of Bay of Naples & Vesuvius.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mijulie56
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My parents and I stayed at the Bristol Hotel in August and I was absolutely blown away by the wonderful service. The staff are so friendly and happy to help in any way they can. When we arrived our coach was very late yet they still provided us with a three course meal. I have coeliac's disease and therefore have to have gluten free food. We had contacted the hotel in advance to check whether they could cater for this and they assured us that they could. I was amazed that they remembered when I arrived and throughout the holiday, our waiters would bring me a gluten-free bread roll (wrapped in cling film to avoid contamination) as soon as I had sat down. There were plenty of meal options for me too and I felt confident that they understood issues surrounding contamination.

With regards to the hotel itself, it was clean and beautifully decorated. The views are stupendous, we enjoyed many a night cap on the balcony looking out over the bay and Sorrento. It is also but a short walk to the town itself. I would highly recommend this hotel for singletons, couples and families.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family