“Fantastic honeymoon”

Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic honeymoon”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We've just returned from 11 nights at the Hotel Bristol for our honeymoon and could not rate this hotel high enough. We had room 408 which had perfect views of the town of Sorrento, the bay and Naples and Vesuvius. We had intended to go out in Sorrento most nights after our evening meal but we found the view from our room unbeatable so we tended to have drinks on our balcony or in the hotel bar which also has fantastic views.

The hotel is in a perfect position located a 15 minute gentle stroll from Piazza Tasso. We notice that some people in earlier reviews talked about the busy road outside the hotel - yes it is busy but we never found this to be a problem. The hotel rooms have shutter blinds which you can close at night and effectively blocked out any noise from the road.

The breakfast was typical continental style with a choice of meats and cheeses, pastries and cakes, fruit and a selection of bread. The evening meal had a choice of five starters and five main meals and offered fish, meat and vegetarian dishes.

The pool area was fantastic with plenty of sunloungers to choose from. We both loved the terrace area with daybeds and spend many a day relaxing on these reading a book.

Lastly, but by no means least, are the staff. All the staff at the hotel were absolutely fantastic and made us feel so welcome.

We would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return one day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (772)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I had the best room ever. 645 a junior suite was amazing, I do wonder what a more superior suite could offer. Humongous bathroom, with t.v. and a bath that could fit a family in it. A beautiful view from the bed, balcony and bath tub/hot tub on the balcony! Nice lounge area in the room which came in handy when preparing on my wedding morning. We went for b&b as we like to, visit the local town, but the breakie was ok nothing to shout home about but nothing to get upset about either. Eggs really aren't there strong point, so I'd just skip them and bacon is streaky/not English. Concierge/bell boys were lovely, but staff on the end of a phone seemed tetchy, especially if you had a guest visit your room that you did not announce, however how can you announce someone you didn't know had arrived? I would definitely say I thoroughly enjoyed my room and would love to enjoy it again. The walk into town took 15 mins to the centre, it was easy, not steep as some had made out to be, and I quite enjoyed it.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Telford
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel is just outside of Sorrento (15-20mins walk). We opted for a sea view and the view was stunning.The food was very good and the menus varied. We found the staff in the resturant helpful and the pool was also lovely but cold.
We had several problems with this hotel - we were recomened by Thomson to stay in this hotel for our wedding. Once we had arrived I was told by my wedding advisor that this hotel would not let me have any guests to my room on the wedding morning. Apart from the fact I could not put my wedding dress on on my own I thought that for the morning of your wedding you would want your bridesmaids with you. My wedding advisor went back to the manager and they allowed me 2 (out of my 4) bridesmaids up to the room.
We also had a problem with the staff in the reception. I asked them to book me a taxi (taxis are very expensive!) for the next morning to take my bridesmaids to the ceremony and got told to 'do it in the morning' even thou I would have better things to be thinking about then.
We were also dissapointed that we had no extras even thou we were geting married. (We have just come back from our honeymoon in cyprus where we were given 2 bottles of champagne,a card and use of a secret lounge but nothing from the bristol.)
We would definatly not recomend this hotel for a wedding trip but for a stay in Sorrento it is a nice hotel

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Well where do I start about this hotel. The hotel itself is stunning, lovely pool area and sun terrace. The dining rooms were all beautiful with amazing views of the bay and vesuvius. It was breathtaking eating your breakfast looking out at that sight every morning.
We booked a junior suite as we were getting married whilst we were there and it was lovely. Very spacious and a lovely balcony with a double lounger, table and chairs, and the sea and vesuvius directly in front. The majority of our family and friends who came out for the wedding had lovely rooms also.
What really makes this hotel first class is the staff and service. There was always a smile and a greeting from all members of staff around the hotel, but the service at the front desk, and at breakfast and dinner made you feel very special. They would do everything they could to make your stay oomfortable. Antonio, Matteo and Pascale were my personal favourites and made me feel very special on my wedding day. I will never forget the greeting I had from the lift coming down in my wedding dress from ANtonio and the manager of the hotel. Antonio even helped my father tie his cravat.
We have been back for a couple of weeks now and I can't stop wishing we were back there. It truly was the best holiday.

Room Tip: rooms 707,708,709 have direct views towards vesuvius. room 601 was very modern
1 Thank Sarah P
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Having spent 4 days in Rome, we thought a more relaxed week was needed so choose this hotel for its beautiful views and from the hotels website it had plenty of places to curl up and read a book. We were not disappointed...

We had a lovely clean room, with the most breath taking view of the bay and a lovely little balcony to sit and enjoy it from. The maid came in every day and did a full clean and made up the bed, even providing clean towels everyday (even though we had not dropped the in the bath, as instructed on leaflet in the bathroom), it wasn't till our last night we noticed we'd been having a turn down service in the evening, we had just assumed the other had been doing this!

On the first evening we went down for dinner, unsure which restaurant was the half board, as no-one had mentioned it at check-in. Looking bewildered in the door way to one of the restaurants we where asked if we wanted a table for 2 and swiftly seated, after being told that either room was ok. The head waiter came over and explained the menu to us and left us to choose, when he came back I had to double check with him that we were half board so this was the right menu. We couldn't believe it when the food arrived we amazed, I thought I had miss understood but no the starters really were that big....at home this would have been a main meal for me. The breakfast was just as taste, this was however, a continental buffet with a massive selection of fruit, breads, meats, cheeses, cereals, pastry and cooked to order eggs and bacon. We found if you ate we'll at breakfast you could go till your feast at tea.

Every aspect of this hotel has an amazing view, from your meal to an evening in the bar to a dip in the pool. All the staff were excellent, more then willing to do anything to help, service with a big smile.

The walk into the main area of town is along a busy main road, but there is a zebra crossing, although don't expect the traffic to stop for you like they do in the UK. The walk is along a narrow footpath, but the walk is easy and only about 10 mins, depending on how fast you walk. So do not stay here if you don't like a stroll or are expecting a bus service, this hotel is not for you.

We have had the most amazing week, very relaxing and can't wait to get back there.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Wigan, Lancashire, UK
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We chose this hotel on recommendation for our 25th wedding anniversary. This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The view from our room was fabulous, one that you could never tire of seeing. The food in the restaurant in the evenings was first rate. The menus were varied and always interesting and you could see and taste that great care was taken in the preparation of even the simplest salads. The wine list was varied and surprisingly good value for a 4* hotel. I don't know many good hotels that offer a decent bottle of wine for 18 euros. The hotel is ideally situated at just the right distance out from the centre of Sorrento. The pool is in a magnificent location on the roof, with amazing views of the Bay of Naples and Vesuvius in the distance. What made the hotel really special was the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Just brilliant! Would recommend it to anyone and we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Pay that little bit extra for a sea-view room. It is well worth it.
glasgow
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a first class hotel.Rooms very comfortable with all usual requirements met. Food choice and quality and service first class.A high floor room recommended but does not spoil the view of the Marina Grande and the rest of the bay with all the festival firework displays that seem to be every couple of days.The hotel is only a short five minute walk to Corso Italia the main street where everything happens in Sorrento.

Room Tip: A high floor is ideal as the restaurant is on the 7th floor and fitness room on the 8th and pool on...
1 Thank giudici206