A lovely hotel in a great location just 10 minutes walk from the centre of Sorrento. The views are stunning. Our room was a good size, spotlessly clean and well appointed with very comfortable beds. The staff were excellent, very helpful, efficient and courteous. The food was generally good although a couple of nights were not as good as the others for choice. The dining rooms have fantastic views as well. The swimming pool is located above the hotel and has magnificent views over the bay to Vesuvius. It is a really good size pool with lots of sunbeds for the guests. The adjacent pool bar provides everything you would expect and will deliver to you as you relax by the pool (as will the snack restaurant. From the pool level you can get to the hotel gardens which are delightful although a little hilly.
I had a few gripes however
1. tea and coffee in the room was free on the first day but after that you were expected to by 10 teabags for a euro.
2. a swimming towel was provided for each person each day but if you wanted to swim twice a day you were expected to pay a euro for a second towel.
(the above seems penny pinching and is not acceptable for a hotel of this quality - it would be better to add a few euros to the room price)
3. The cocktail bar prices were very expensive and the cocktails seemed light on alcohol in some cases.
Nevertheless we had a lovely stay and I would recommend this hotel to others and we may well return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Bristol nestles into the cliff side, in one of the most enchanting corners of the coast, offering its guests stunning panoramic views, stretching from the picturesque fishing village of Marina Grande below to the Punta Scutolo in the distance and directly across the bay to the majestic Vesuvius with Pompei and Naples at its feet. For generations the highly professional Acampora Family have been offering a warm welcome to its international clientele, many of whom return year after year and consider the Hotel their second home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Bristol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bristol Sorrento
- Bristol Hotel Sorrento