“Amazing location”
Review of Grand Hotel Aminta

Grand Hotel Aminta
Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We went to italy for our honeymoon during feb 2011 and sorrento was the third destination on our list. The hotel excellently complements the scenic beauty of this place, with the perfect location on a hilltop, overlooking the bright blue sea. In the first look, it looked like a white manion on the top of the city. excellent staff, very friendly and a scrumptious breakfast buffet. a must see- the view of the cliff at dawn and twilight!

Room Tip: the hotel has a regular bus service to the city , so find the timings to commute to and from
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hersheyhere
aminta, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Aminta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for posting your complimentary review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon at the Aminta. Our client's satisfaction is our main priority. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aminta in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,316)

Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our first taste of Italy. Sorrento and the surrounding areas are breathtaking. The hotel was superb, very friendly, welcoming, clean, attentive. The breakfast set you up for the day, the poached eggs were cooked to perfection! We loved the waiters who came round with the coffee trolley, great coffee too and having breakfast whilst enjoying the stunning views was a real bonus. Our room was spacious and we had a balcony with an amazing view. We were lucky to get a free upgrade which enhanced our stay. Our only moan was that the pool was too cold to swim in! It was freezing and it looked so inviting. Obviously though it didn't spoil our stay as we made sure we had some daily exercise by walking into town each day via the quiet path down and we even walked it going up one day which was fine as we are fit and healthy and it wasn't overly hot in October. The shuttle bus is a great service to and from the town and the hotel reception staff are very informative about the local buses and trains which are so easy to use. We fell in love with Sorrento and Capri and Pompeii, all are easy to get to via train, bus and hydrofoil. I would highly recommend this hotel and when we were going around the town I am glad that I didn't book one in the centre as the views and the location were just perfect. I love looking at my photos and the memories will stay with us for many years to come. You will have a lovely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and a room with a balcony /view. You might be lucky like we were!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JuliePapworth
aminta, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Aminta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Guest, We would like to thank you for taking your time to post such an elaborate and positive review regarding your holiday at the Aminta. It is great to hear from satisfied clients. The staff and management work very hard to ensure that guests feel special and looked after during their time at the Aminta. We hope to welcome you back soon. Take care and best wishes.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

Nick & I were in Italy for 10 days....the last 3, we stayed at the Grand Aminta. We loved it, very nice. The staff there was amazing, and the food was great! Very clean rooms, with everything you needed at hand.
In the evenings, we went to the bar/lounge area, where the atmosphere was very laid back & relaxing.
We will definitely go back!!
~LittleCountry Girl =)

Room Tip: The views from the front is so gorgeous!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelley M

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to post your great review regarding your stay at the Aminta. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I would highly recommend Hotel Aminta. The staff is so very nice and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. Good food, also.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gina R
aminta, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel Aminta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Dear Guest, We would like to thank you for posting your positive review regarding your stay at the Aminta. It's always a pleasure hearing from happy clients. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aminta in the future.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Grand Aminta hotel in Sorrento. What a beatiful hotel. It sits a top of a hill overlooking the coast. The views are incredible! The food was first class. They were so accomodating in everything that I needed. The staff spoke perfect English which made it easy for my children. I was there with my family of 6 children and they went our of their way to make us have the vacation of a lifetime. My little son Herbie loved the pool so much. We couldnt get him out of it! The rooms were modern, clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel for a wonderful trip. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a coastal view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael M

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your stay at the Aminta. Our staff and management take great pride in ensuring our clients enjoy their time with us. We look forward to seeing you at the Aminta soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Went on my first European vacation with my girlfriends this summer and had a fantastic experience at the Hotel Aminta. The breath taking views from our rooms were enough for me but they surpassed my expectations with the multiple English speaking staff members, the convienent shuttle to and from town, the amazing food and service. The lobster risotto was one of the best things I've ever eaten. My only regret is I was unable to stay longer but I am looking forward with anticipation to my next visit there! I highly reccommend anyone who visits Sorrento to either stay at the Hotel Aminta or at least stop in and check out this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cari L

Dear Guest, We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your stay at the Aminta. We're happy to hear we could make your first trip to Europe such a pleasure. We hope to see you again at the Aminta.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed at the Aminta for a total of seven days this summer and the experience kept getting better as the days went by. One of the things that stood out the most was the quality of service you get from the minute you step into the beautiful lobby. They help you with anything you need from planning trips to Capri and Pompei or just giving you a place to have a romantic dinner, even though we did not eat out much because the food at the hotel was excellent. The room was excellent and the views from this hotel are to die for. I would recommend to anyone that is visiting Sorrento to stay at the Hotel Aminta, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends