We stayed at the Conca Park Hotel while on a Riviera Tour. The sign for the hotel is small and subtle and gives no indication of the sizeable and lovely hotel at the top of the unusual path to the lobby of the hotel. If memory serves correct, it's more or less a well lit, marble lined tunnel on a steep upward incline with window-like showcase displays of lovely items we hoped were for sale in a gift shop, but are apparently from local or area merchants.
We were pleased with our room, which I found quaint, but charming. The headboard and the built-in wardrobes and cabinets were al of highly polished wood with a floral design that seemed rather Swiss-influenced and made me feel like singing Edelweiss. There was quite a lot of storage space, as well as a desk that was also built into the wall. The room was very clean and contained a refrigerator and a safe. We found the bed to be very comfortable.
Our room had a deck that backed up to the mountain and we liked the privacy this afforded and allowed us to open the curtains, as well as having lovely trees and foilage to enjoy.
The food at this hotel was the best of our tour by far. We were only there two days, but the dinners were divine. Both our breakfasts and dinners were buffet style and the entrees were served by chefs/kitchen staff who were utterly delightful. Each of them were all smiles and eager to serve you anything you wished - we all commented on how welcoming and friendly they were and how they seemed proud to serve you the food.
We hope to return to this part of Italy one day, as we didn't have enough time to explore the utterly charming town of Sorrento and surrounding areas. If that dream comes true, we would definitely hope to stay at Conca Park Hotel, as it is right in the shopping area and not far from the marina to take the ferry to Capri. The hotel has a lovely pool which we yearned to use but were unable to do so due to a lack of time, energy and the weather being a tad too cool in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five minutes' walk from the historic centre of Sorrento, Hotel Conca Park is ideal for a relaxing stay on the Sorrento Peninsula. The Hotel is close to bus stops and the train station, and so the most beautiful places in Campania can be reached in an hour at most. Pompeii, Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi and Positano really are close, and we can organise private guided tours to ensure that your stay on the wonderful Sorrento Peninsula is truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Conca Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conca Park Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Conca Park Sorrento