Arrived at the hotel late on a Monday evening to a buffet style meal. It was a good start to the holiday and things only got better from there regarding the food.
Breakfast was buffet style with everything from cereal, toast, bread, salad, pastries and cooked food such as omelettes, bacon & sausage. Whilst there was cold boiled eggs there was never hot ones!
Evening dinner was good quality Itaian food, and anyone that complains about either the choice or quality can't know what good food is! All choices were laid out in the menu on the table so you could understand what you were getting. Salad was serve yourself with plenty of choice and different dressings.
Main course was served by the chefs, if they don't give you enough of a portion then ask for more! They were more than obliging. Dessert was also served by a chef, again if you don't get enough ask for more or go back for another plate full! No one minds!!
One thing to note here is that the waiters were very quiet at cleaning the dirty dishes away (unlike the Spanish!)
The pool was spotless, a little cold for us but it didn't stop some people dipping in for a swim. There was always sunbeds available and also deck chairs. It's a brilliant idea to open the pool area at a set time and stop people putting towels on the sunbeds!
Only one negative......the showers really are tooooooo small! I'm not a big person but I struggled with the tiny shower! Tip to the management.....ditch the bidets and install a bigger shower, not all guests are small!
And finally, the bar staff! We sat at the bar most nights and have to give huge credit to the bar staff. They work tirelessly to keep guests glasses topped up, always had a friendly smile and were full of local knowledge and professional. Mariano & Luigi made our holiday, what a fabulous team of guys! The management should be proud of you guys.
We will return to this beautiful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five minutes' walk from the historic centre of Sorrento, Hotel Conca Park is ideal for a relaxing stay on the Sorrento Peninsula. The Hotel is close to bus stops and the train station, and so the most beautiful places in Campania can be reached in an hour at most. Pompeii, Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi and Positano really are close, and we can organise private guided tours to ensure that your stay on the wonderful Sorrento Peninsula is truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Conca Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conca Park Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Conca Park Sorrento