Having never visited Sorrento before, we booked this hotel as our honeymoon choice. We stayed in a top floor room with a sea view, on a half board basis.
Upon arrival at 11pm we disembarked from our coach to see a very impressive front approach followed by a tiled tunnel leading up to the main reception area. For people with mobility issues there was a handy little buggy available instead.
Bags were taken directly to our room by the hotels porter, which saved us the usual lugging of cases and banging of ankles.
The room itself was fairly basic but very clean and had the most wonderful view of the town, it's harbour and Vesuvius. We loved the windows metal roller shutters we could bring down at night to completely block out light. It made for a very restful sleep and the odd late wake-up.
On reflection the only thing we would do differently in future is book a room with a balcony.
The hotel is in a quiet area but is a very short walk from the main town and shopping area, which made it really handy for getting out and about.
It boasts a swimming pool and sunbathing area along with a poolside restaurant which serves excellent food.
The evening restaurant was buffet style and contained a wide variety of food to meet all tastes and pallets. Since the choices changed on a daily basis there was no chance of becoming bored with the evening fair.
The staff were all very welcoming, helpful and spoke excellent English . I can only sing their praises in what must at times be a very difficult industry to work in.
There was also a small health spa and fitness area on hand carrying out various treatments but alas we didn't take advantage so I can't say how good it was.
All in all we would definitely go back again and if asked if I would recommend it to others, it would be a firm yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five minutes' walk from the historic centre of Sorrento, Hotel Conca Park is ideal for a relaxing stay on the Sorrento Peninsula. The Hotel is close to bus stops and the train station, and so the most beautiful places in Campania can be reached in an hour at most. Pompeii, Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi and Positano really are close, and we can organise private guided tours to ensure that your stay on the wonderful Sorrento Peninsula is truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Conca Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conca Park Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Conca Park Sorrento