“Home”

Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Aurora, Illinois
“Home”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I had such a wonderful experience at Villa Oriana. This was my very first trip to Italy and I felt I came home. Maria and her wonderful family which includes everyone who works in the office went out of their way to open their hearts to me. The greeting I received when I arrived made me feel special. My room was beautiful. I met wonderful guests. The terrace where breakfast is served overlooks the bay of Naples (I think) and Mt Vesuvius. The whole experience was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. The grounds were beautiful, the lemon and orange trees, the hydrangeas that were in bloom and the beauty if the grounds were a dream for me. This should be high on anyone's list if traveling to Sorrento. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Annie D
villaorianarelais, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Villa Oriana Relais, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Annie,

thank you very much. It is a pleasure to see that our structure, staff, family, guests, garden and flowers in short everything here at Villa Oriana exceeded your expectations.

If you come back to Italy don’t forget to put Villa Oriana on the top of your list.

We wait for you.

Maddalena D'Urso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for about 4-5 nights on our honeymoon. We were welcomed with a traditional chocolate cake (I need the recipe for this) and fresh lemonade on the balcony. It was a spectacular view! The fresh flowers that Maria picks from her garden, the warm and friendly staff and amazing food really make Villa Oriana a second home.

Carmella and the rest of the staff were a joy to be around. They were friendly and helped us out with any questions by offering suggestions, helping us plan and even by making our first night there special. They provided us with champagne and sugar cookies for our first night there. Maria the owner sat and talked with us for quite a while. She even dropped us off to our train on her way out. She was such a wonderful host.

Villa Oriana has to be the most warm and inviting place to stay. You truly are treated like family. The food was spectacular - breakfast was a real treat every morning! The rooms were spacious and clean, the views were amazing, especially with the lemon and lime trees surrounding the premises, and the ambiance was perfect. I would highly recommend this to any couple or even family visiting Sorrento. We hope to come back and stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Hetal,

we are happy you found here a second home and a second family and could appreciate our work, kindness and help.

Maria and the staff of Villa Oriana hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

A big hug!

Maddalena D’Urso
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My sister-in-law and I stayed here for two nights. We were welcomed with peach cake and fresh lemonade on the balcony, which offered a beautiful view over town to the bay. The peace and quiet - and very welcoming staff - were just the balm we needed after a hectic few days in Naples. In fact, for anyone planning to visit Naples, I strongly recommend staying here and taking the train or ferry to Naples for the day instead; you'll get to see the sights, and then retreat to the villa's quiet charms.

Do not miss breakfast - and bring your appetite! Be sure to try their lemon honey, and collection of marmalades.

Room Tip: The building has several floors, so be prepared for stairs. We had originally planned for only one...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear guests,

Thank you for your recommendation.and beautiful words.

Villa Oriana, the staff, the lemon honey and marmelades are always here waiting for you and your appetite.

Hope to see you soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My cousin and I stayed at Villa Oriana for a few days. The villa was somewhat difficult to find at first but when we got there - wow! We were greeted at the door, welcomed and taken out to the glorious balcony where we were treated to a lemon cake and lemonade.

Being at Villa Oriana is like staying with family but in the most gorgeous of places. The views are outstanding. I spent hours and hours on the balcony which has a view of Vesuvius. The sunsets are breathtaking and although there is no pool, the hot tub and view from the roof are both great!

Breakfast is a treat, and is made fresh every day by the owner. Focaccia, lemon cakes, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes picked from the gardens. The Villa is set amid a grove of lemon trees and all day you hear the lovely buzzing of cicadas. This place is a dream and I'd go back in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, I so fell in love with the place, I was ready to ask them for a job (just so I could stay). Sadly there is no restaurant on the premises so we had to go out for our meals but the villa can arrange for a shuttle to pick you up to take you to some of the other restaurants / hotels in Sorrento.
I can't imagine staying anywhere else were I to return to Sorrento.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 33541
Dear guests,

What a nice and detailed review!

Your words are a special present for us and you made us proud of our work.

It is a pleasure to read you fell in love with this place so we wait for your return as you can not forget Villa Oriana, Sorrento and a dream come true as your stay was.

Your Italian family is always here waiting for you.

North Carolina
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A true family bed and breakfast located in a former citrus grove and vineyard -- we could not have asked for a better stay. The breakfast was amazing - homemade and fresh -- and served with a smile every morning. We had a family room, with a nice patio looking back over the water towards Naples. And if that wasn't enough, our first morning we had a double rainbow to add to the beauty. The location was a little away from town but located high on a hill, with a great view.

Definitely a great experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jim,

You could not have asked for a better stay and we could not have asked for a better recommendation.

We are happy you appreciated our breakfast, our smiles our structure and the natural beauties of this place.

Thank you very much.

We wait for you in Sorrento.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Such a beautiful, relaxing oasis of calm amongst the orange and lemon groves, away above the hubbub of the main street of San Agnello, but within easy reach of its great variety of restaurants and cafes. Maria does everything to make your stay so enjoyable. Her breakfasts are legendary, just what you need to set you up for a long day tramping around nearby Pompeii, or the other Roman sites within striking distance. The hotel itself has unforgettable views over the bay and towards Vesuvius, and the rooms are comfortable and elegant. What an experience!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Emma,

What a wonderful review!

We are happy Villa Oriana Relais was for you an oasis of calm and helped you to relax and find peace.

Maria thanks you for your compliments about her legendary breakfast.

We hope to see you again.

Ciao!

Maddalena D’Urso
Bourn
Reviewed 30 October 2013

What a lovely place to stay. You are made to feel welcome from the moment you arrive.
We were greeted with fresh lemonade and cake! Just what was needed after the coach ride from Naples.
The breakfasts are just fantastic:- fresh biscuits, cakes and tarts complimented by the view of Mt Vesuvius and surrounding area.
The villa is just away from the main hustle and bustle of Sorrento, which I feel makes the Villa special. However, it is a pleasant 20 min brisk walk to the centre - if you use the short cut!
The lemon trees in the driveway are just beautiful too.
I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Racheal,

Thank you so much for having appreciated Villa Oriana, its beauties and the staff.

Of course we can’t wait to host you again.

A presto!