“Like staying with family”

Villa Oriana Relais
Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This was an unexpected delight! My wife and I booked a four day stay in late June / early July 2013 on the advice of a friend. From the moment we arrived, the hospitality and attention of Maria and her staff was nothing less than spectacular. Things only got better with the sumptuous breakfast served daily on the terrace overlooking the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. Surrounded by grape vines, orange and lemon trees, it is an idyllic setting. If you choose to walk to town, it will provide you with a decent good cardio workout (Villa Oriana is up on a pretty steep hill), but there is also convenient taxi service and free transportation to certain restaurants. The train to Pompeii is also an easy walk at the bottom of the hill. Our only real regret upon leaving for Rome was that we didn't realize Maria had another B&B there - we would have enjoyed another 4 days! Mille Grazie, Maria and Carmela!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary A
villaorianarelais, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Villa Oriana Relais, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Gary

Mille Grazie to you and your friend to have given us the opportunity to host you at Villa Oriana.

We just read your amazing words to understand how special and unforgettable it was your stay in Sorrento.

We can not find the right words to show our happiness and proud in reading your comment and realizing your unexpected delight.

A presto!

There are newer reviews for Villa Oriana Relais

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week and BEAUTY is the best word to describe it. From the moment you pull up beauty is surrounding you. The view, the rooms, the staff and especially Maria. You feel like family as soon as you arrive. Carmella and the rest of the staff were always helpful and so pleasant. The beauty that surrounds the Villa is breath taking. The breakfast and view you wake up to starts each day wanting more. Cannot wait to be able to come back and bring the rest of the family to enjoy this. The Villa is quiet and peaceful and yet just a short distance away there are so many wonderful do not miss cities and areas to visit. It is a must stay place on your next visit to Italy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle D

“Beauty”, “ a must stay place “…

Thank you for your amazing definitions of Villa Oriana, its views, staff and breakfast.

We wait for your next stay.

Ciao!

Maddalena D’Urso

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I had such a wonderful experience at Villa Oriana. This was my very first trip to Italy and I felt I came home. Maria and her wonderful family which includes everyone who works in the office went out of their way to open their hearts to me. The greeting I received when I arrived made me feel special. My room was beautiful. I met wonderful guests. The terrace where breakfast is served overlooks the bay of Naples (I think) and Mt Vesuvius. The whole experience was beyond anything I could have ever imagined. The grounds were beautiful, the lemon and orange trees, the hydrangeas that were in bloom and the beauty if the grounds were a dream for me. This should be high on anyone's list if traveling to Sorrento. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Annie D

Dear Annie,

thank you very much. It is a pleasure to see that our structure, staff, family, guests, garden and flowers in short everything here at Villa Oriana exceeded your expectations.

If you come back to Italy don’t forget to put Villa Oriana on the top of your list.

We wait for you.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for about 4-5 nights on our honeymoon. We were welcomed with a traditional chocolate cake (I need the recipe for this) and fresh lemonade on the balcony. It was a spectacular view! The fresh flowers that Maria picks from her garden, the warm and friendly staff and amazing food really make Villa Oriana a second home.

Carmella and the rest of the staff were a joy to be around. They were friendly and helped us out with any questions by offering suggestions, helping us plan and even by making our first night there special. They provided us with champagne and sugar cookies for our first night there. Maria the owner sat and talked with us for quite a while. She even dropped us off to our train on her way out. She was such a wonderful host.

Villa Oriana has to be the most warm and inviting place to stay. You truly are treated like family. The food was spectacular - breakfast was a real treat every morning! The rooms were spacious and clean, the views were amazing, especially with the lemon and lime trees surrounding the premises, and the ambiance was perfect. I would highly recommend this to any couple or even family visiting Sorrento. We hope to come back and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Hetal,

we are happy you found here a second home and a second family and could appreciate our work, kindness and help.

Maria and the staff of Villa Oriana hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

A big hug!

Maddalena D’Urso

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My sister-in-law and I stayed here for two nights. We were welcomed with peach cake and fresh lemonade on the balcony, which offered a beautiful view over town to the bay. The peace and quiet - and very welcoming staff - were just the balm we needed after a hectic few days in Naples. In fact, for anyone planning to visit Naples, I strongly recommend staying here and taking the train or ferry to Naples for the day instead; you'll get to see the sights, and then retreat to the villa's quiet charms.

Do not miss breakfast - and bring your appetite! Be sure to try their lemon honey, and collection of marmalades.

Room Tip: The building has several floors, so be prepared for stairs. We had originally planned for only one...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guests,

Thank you for your recommendation.and beautiful words.

Villa Oriana, the staff, the lemon honey and marmelades are always here waiting for you and your appetite.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My cousin and I stayed at Villa Oriana for a few days. The villa was somewhat difficult to find at first but when we got there - wow! We were greeted at the door, welcomed and taken out to the glorious balcony where we were treated to a lemon cake and lemonade.

Being at Villa Oriana is like staying with family but in the most gorgeous of places. The views are outstanding. I spent hours and hours on the balcony which has a view of Vesuvius. The sunsets are breathtaking and although there is no pool, the hot tub and view from the roof are both great!

Breakfast is a treat, and is made fresh every day by the owner. Focaccia, lemon cakes, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes picked from the gardens. The Villa is set amid a grove of lemon trees and all day you hear the lovely buzzing of cicadas. This place is a dream and I'd go back in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, I so fell in love with the place, I was ready to ask them for a job (just so I could stay). Sadly there is no restaurant on the premises so we had to go out for our meals but the villa can arrange for a shuttle to pick you up to take you to some of the other restaurants / hotels in Sorrento.
I can't imagine staying anywhere else were I to return to Sorrento.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 33,541

Dear guests,

What a nice and detailed review!

Your words are a special present for us and you made us proud of our work.

It is a pleasure to read you fell in love with this place so we wait for your return as you can not forget Villa Oriana, Sorrento and a dream come true as your stay was.

Your Italian family is always here waiting for you.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

A true family bed and breakfast located in a former citrus grove and vineyard -- we could not have asked for a better stay. The breakfast was amazing - homemade and fresh -- and served with a smile every morning. We had a family room, with a nice patio looking back over the water towards Naples. And if that wasn't enough, our first morning we had a double rainbow to add to the beauty. The location was a little away from town but located high on a hill, with a great view.

Definitely a great experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jim,

You could not have asked for a better stay and we could not have asked for a better recommendation.

We are happy you appreciated our breakfast, our smiles our structure and the natural beauties of this place.

Thank you very much.

We wait for you in Sorrento.