We have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and enjoyed every aspect of it. It is very "Grand" and opulent, with luxurious comfort and surroundings. The views are stunning, but do note, that this hotel does not actually face the bay, it is set in the hillside mostly overlooking the town of Sorento with the seaview and Vesuvius beyond. The higher your room, the better the view and from the top terrace of the top pool the views are breath taking.There is traffic noise at the front of the Hotel so if you want a peaceful room choose an idyllic terrace garden room at the back. The food is good (half board) but you can opt for A La Carte which is obviously expensive.
Service was excellent if not occasionally a little frantic at peak time, at dinner. Breakfast menu has wonderful choice buffet, all self service with hot and cold options, all set in the superb terrace restaurant with views over the town and bay.
There was live entertainment relaxed style on a couple of evenings most enjoyable or you could simply chill out in the lounge areas or the outside terraces.Our room was spacious and opulent with a very comfortable bed, and sparklingly clean.
Would we return to this hotel ? ...... Definitely !
P.S. Sorento is not for the disabled you need to be fairly sure footed as there are steps and uneven cobbled streets and lanes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento