Had a weeks stay at this fabulous hotel, the views from the numerous terraces filled with plants are great, a room with a view is quite expensive, we had a quiet room with a little courtyard at the rear with ornate features and planting was ok, we used the terraces to relax which there are many to choose from, so was not dissapointed with no view from the room. the five pools look great and their was plenty of sunbeds dotted all around the terraces, you can have a different view of Sorrento town or out to sea if you move around the numerous areas to sit out, with waiter service cruising around you have no need to get up to go for a drink. The dining rooms have great outlook, dont forget your sun glasses when going for breakfast as they try to seat everyone as close to the terrace edge to give everyone great views. The breakfast was self service, you can have as much as you want, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, breads, cakes, etc ( no good for weight watchers)
the evening meal was ok with obviously a lot of pasta dishes, but you have to pay for any drinks ordered at the table. The hotel is spotless and everyware was neat and tidy, the staff could not do enough to help you, and in uniform looked very smart. If using the pool you can pick up a towel from the attendant by the poolside. Its a short walk into the town, will take you 20 mins to the town square and port.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento