This was our second stay in Sorrento having had a fabulous week at the Grand Hotel de la Ville (another of the Maniello hotels in Sorrento) last year. As the Capodimonte is from the same group, we expected the hotel to be of similar quality! We had heard great things about the Capodimonte but unfortunately the hotel did not meet all our expectations.
The location is unbeatable with gorgeous views of Sorrento and the Bay of Naples. The hotel is a short walk to the centre of town and the main train station which was very convenient. The grounds of the hotel are lovely and the swimming pools were very good! The hotel was furnished very well and was very clean throughout. Our room had a great view and was well equipped however the housekeeping staff were a bit slack at replenishing the shower gels and soaps and refreshing the glasses provided with the minibar.
What really disappointed us was the food and the staff. There was not a large selection at breakfast and it took a while for the empty dishes to be replenished. The majority of the food was displayed on the veranda and the setup was a bit haphazard so you never knew where to look for a plate or cutlery. Also because of the temperature of the air, the milk and yogurts were always warm! The food at the Grand hotel de la ville was first class and the capodimonte didnt come close.
On the whole the staff were not friendly and didnt make any effort to welcome us. The exception to this was Guisy who was responsible for seating at breakfast, she was very friendly and helpful. The staff at reception were not very efficient and didnt go the extra mile to help us.
We had a pleasant stay at the Capodimonte and yes the location is unbeatable but the food and the attitudes of the staff really let it down! Considering how much we paid and the quality of what we received, we would not stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento