I looked for weeks before choosing this hotel as there is such a large variety of hotels to choose from. Definitely made the right decision although the start was not great.
We were on a special break so chose a prestige room for the 2 nights at a cost of 522euros B & B.
Easy to find in sorrento, near town only 5 min walk.
I had asked prior to our visit what the difference between a Prestige and Premier was and was told the Prestige were on a higher floor, had seen from other reviews there were complaints re noise from the dining room
Parked at the entrance very easily and check in was efficient Our initial room was 618, the promised large balcony was small directly next to other balconies with no screening, we also looked straight over the road with accompanying noise. The room itself was large, clean and beautifully furnished with a comp bottle of prosecco. We were not given a safe code or wi if code, bathrobes or slippers. After a visit to reception this was resolved and I was assured we were in a prestige room even though we were only in the 6th floor. Sat on balcony but the noise from the road was far too loud to enjoy the view. Returned to reception and spoke to Roberta who was fantastic and immediately checked rooms available and we were moved to room 1004 which overlooked the pool and town. Fantastic views day and night. Balcony was larger, much quieter and screened so very private. Room was large. Extremely clean with lovely furniture. Wifi was good. Pool area beautiful as were all public areas. Breakfast was very good. Great choices of food and good service from waiting staff. We had a fabulous few days in Sorrento with amazing weather, day trip to capri, and great restaurants this was enhanced greatly by our stay at Capodimonte and the excellent care and attention from Roberta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento