Took a chance on picking this hotel but came up trumps, what a brilliant location and amazing view over Sorrento, the bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. The hotel itself is excellent, very clean, everything you could ask for, friendly staff and superb Restuarant (the A'La Carte) with its amazing views from the terrace and stunning food which would rate against any top class hotels/restaurants back home. One word of warning, the pool is bloody freezing....
This is in an excellent location for touring around the Amalfi cost and Sorrento. The town centre is about a 10 minute walk away, Positano is an hour away (€7 bus near the train station) with Amalfi a further 30 mins along one of the most amazing costal roads going.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would definitely return when I next come to Sorrento....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento