It was our first trip to Italy, so I did a lot of research. The Grand Hotel Capodimonte exceeded our expectations in every way. The setting is perfect, with a gorgeous view of Vesuvius and the Mediterranean Sea. The hotel is elegant, built right into the hill, but has every modern amenity.
The door into the hotel slides into the hill and you take an elevator up to the front desk. The pool cascades down two or three floors. We were there in April so it was not swimming weather yet, but we wished we could have spent even more time there, enjoying the magnificent view.
Everything was walking distance in town. The ferries to the rest of the Amalfi Coast were a short taxi ride away. We were able to do everything easily from this location, and felt like royalty at the property. Cannot say enough about the hotel!!!! Have a wonderful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento