We stayed here for a week in September. Really lovely hotel and superb service.
The hotel was spotlessly clean with room serviced daily, clean towels daily. The staff were friendly and most courteously helpful...the restaurant staff were exceptional and provided us with an outstanding and very personal service, really helpful reception staff.
The food was very good standard for hotel, excellent breakfast and three course meals (drinks a little pricey but not unexpected) and overall the holiday was great value. We were half board and liked the fact we could swap dinner for lunch and so had some lovely evening meals also in Sorrento.
We found the site of the hotel v good for walking into Sorrento and only about 10-15 mins to Piazza Tasso/Marinas and about 20 to the Circumvesuviana Station/local bus. Excellent base for doing all the sights in the area and on public transport easy and such fun! The pool area was fabulous (look at the pictures) pool towels included also.
There were so many different terraces and areas to relax. As the hotel was high on the cliff the views over the bay of Naples/Sorrento and to Mt. Vesuvius were stunning! The open terrace restaurant for breakfast and our evening meal, looking out early morning and at sunset/moon rising and Sorrento at night were quite magical. We chose not have a sea view room but this did not matter as the views from the hotel pool and dining areas were so wonderful!
All the room facilities are exactly as stated in the room information....no iron or ironing board or tea/coffee facilities (UK and other hotels we have stayed in have the edge there!) This was not a problem however.
I would recommend this hotel and it is rare for me to say... I would return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, ACCOR, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento