I have just returned from a 4 day break at the Capodimonte and couldn't wait to write my review. This is a beautiful hotel. To start with the room. I have seen some reviews where people have complained about their room. In my opinion you get what you pay for. The hotel website clearly states the view a classic or basic room have. We had a superior room with a side sea view and a small balcony on the 3rd floor. It was a lovely room, spacious, very clean with a lovely view. My only slight issue would be I would have preferred a double bed rather than 2 twins pushed together.
Everywhere in this hotel has a spectacular view whether you are in one of the 5 infinity pools, having breakfast or enjoying a drink over Mount Vesuvius.
There are lovely communal areas in the hotel and with so much space it was very peaceful. The pool area was lovely and with multiple levels so no problem getting a sun bed. I must also say the gent that looked after the pool was excellent and very helpful. It was also lovely to have pool service so you didn't need to go to the bar every time you wanted a drink.
We had bed and breakfast at the hotel and although the breakfast was ample I would have liked more selection of hot dishes.
We had lunch up on the terrace every day. The service and food selection was excellent and also very reasonable prices.
Lastly this hotel is in an excellent location to walk to sorrento town which is great for all the shops bars and restaurants.
I loved this hotel and cannot wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento