This hotel must have one of the best locations in the whole of Sorrento. Our balcony had views over the town, the bay and Vesuvious (well worth spending a bit extra on the room to get the spectacular view). Away from the noisy centre but only a pleasant 10 minute walk to Piazza Tasso. Many amazing terraces and a beautiful pool area. Good buffet breakfast was included also.
The hotel interior is nice though not quite 5 star, and we found the mattress a bit on the firm side - other than that we couldn't fault it.
If arriving into Sorrento via train station, the walk to the hotel is less than 15 minutes. If you haven't got much luggage consider walking and don't get stung by a taxi to the tune of 20 euros like we did!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A prestigious 4 Star Superior Rating Hotel built on the lines of the typical Mediterranean architecture, positioned on the rocky mountain dominating the town of Sorrento and the enchanting Gulf of Naples. A striking and imposing hall, wonderfully designed into the rock cavern ambience, is connected with the fifth floor of the Hotel, thanks to two fast elevators. Guests will be welcomed by a selected and highly professional staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, ACCOR, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Capodimonte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento Capodimonte
- Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento
- Capodimonte Hotel Sorrento
- Grand Hotel Capodimonte Sorrento