1,258 results
All reviews steep hill shuttle bus sea view bay of naples pool area half board evening meal every hour amazing views cliff facing lovely hotel restaurant staff shuttle service reception staff head waiter pool towels our honeymoon
Reviewed 27 April 2008

Just returned from a family trip to Italy which included 3 nights stay at the Gran Paradiso
The staff were very accommodating and offered personalized attention and care. They worked with our local tour agent and helped with transfers and tour arrangements. They were very courteous and friendly in all of our exchanges. The rooms on the sea side are awesome with beautiful and picturesque vistas. The shuttle to the city center was reliable and continental breakfast service was very good. It is a bit out of the way of the city center -which I felt was a good thing but, that's not for every one. I would definitely return to the Gran Paradiso.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ArtHotelGranParadiso, Responsabile reception at Art Hotel Gran Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for reviewing your stay at Art Hotel Gran Paradiso. We value the opinion of our Guests and we hope to welcome you soon again in Sorrento.

Reviewed 15 October 2007

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful stay at the Gran Paradiso Hotel near Sorrento. I also must admit I also was a little concern about the reviews. However, I also know that working in the service industry, that some people are never satisfied no matter what. The first day we arrived, we were checked in promptly and the staff was very gracious and warm. Our room was right over the pool and we could look out at the sea from our bedroom. Our stay was booked through Cosmos and there were about 20 people in our group. Every day when we went to breakfast and dinner, the staff was very friendly, professional, as well as funny. The dinners were fine, but I did get a little tired of the same breakfast everyday. However, it was a budget tour and we could not complain. Nevertheless, the staff here was wonderful. They made my husband and I feel like we were celebrities. They always went out of there way to see that we were happy with our accommodations and that our stay was enjoyable.

We would would like to give special acknowledgment to the staff in particular: Georgio, who was always there to answer any questions that we had. Giuseppe, who is the epitome of a excellent host. Conchetta, who made who always did wonderful job with keeping our room comfortable and clean. She even brought our clothes inside that we washed one day, so that it they would not get wet from the rain. She is a real sweetheart and to her I say "Ciao." And last but not least , we would like to thank our wonderful waiter, Alessandro. He continuously asked us if everything was fine and always made us feel special every time time we sat down for our meal. Charming and very sincere, he and the other staff made our stay in Sorrento a beautiful experience. We would also like to give a special thanks to the driver of the shuttle. We are sorry that we did not get your name, but my husband and I always made sure that we let him know that we appreciated him picking us up on time everyday.

To the people who did not like their stay, and said that the staff was rude, you might want to take a look at yourselves. We've heard the way how some of the staff was spoken to and treated. These people are trying to make a living a take care of their families like everyone else. Sometimes tourist think that the can say or do anything they want because they are spending their money. When that happens then you will occasionally get someone who is not going tolerate being treated like a second class citizen. We have found that in our travels and simple "Ciao", "Grazie." and a smile will go a long way.

Oneita Evans and Zack McKinney, Los Angeles, CA.

2  Thank lagirl00

Reviewed 13 October 2007

I have just returned from a one week stay at this hotel, after reading earlier reviews I wasn't sure what to expect, but I found everything excellent, at first my room wasn't what I had booked, but after a couple of days I was moved to the correct type of room.
I could not fault the food, public rooms, service and hotel staff everything was first class (I'm known by friends and familty to be very "picky" and not easy to please) The position of the hotel was wonderful with the best views in the world. Obviously if you have walking difficulties that would cause problems as during some parts of the day the shuttle bus was not frequent, but anyone used to walking would find the distance into the centre no problem. I used to speak to an elderly couple and this was their twelth consecutive stay at this hotel !! I think that speaks volumes. I look forward to going back in the future. This year for the first time I was travelling on my own and the staff, from Guiseppie ( hope the spelling is correct) down were wonderful and took good care of me.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank Englisholderlady

Reviewed 24 September 2007

Breathtaking view of the amalfi coast, which is something that has to be experienced. A part the location, the stuff helped me in having a relaxing vacation expecially at the swimming pool....also Restaurant served fresh mediterranean food....if I will be back in Sorrento one day, I will stay for sure again at Gran Paradiso.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank angel045

Reviewed 29 July 2007

- Quiet, if not deadly silent. The hotel had the feeling of an old people's home in the evening, as the last bus is at 11pm. We felt like we had been tagged as a taxi from Sorrento was 20 euros, which is too pricey to use every night.
- Lovely swimming pool with great views, but the pool bar is spoilt by the staff's attitude and lack of choice on the menu. They have a monopoly though, as the nearest bar / restaurant is at the bottom of the mountain.
- The reception staff, like the bar staff, are very rude. The restaurant staff aren't much better.
- The restaurant food was appalling, breakfast consisted of salami, bread and cheese. The evening meal wasn't much better, we opted to eat out for the remaining 13 evenings so the holiday wasn't ruined.
- There was no parking for car hire, but the road to the hotel is not an easy drive anyway.
- The rooms are like a flashback from the 70s, including the forever changing temperature of the shower.
To conclude, I would not visit this hotel again , there are far too many bad points to outweigh the view.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheTravelQueen13
HGRANPARADISO, Manager at Art Hotel Gran Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2007

Dear Mrs TheTravelQueen13,

Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor.com, most of the times bad reviews help you to react and so to improve our services, as we are trying to do since last year.
As you may understand not always we are able to satisfy all the needs of our guest.
I hope to have the chance in the future to receive you in our hotel in order to show you our efforts to improve quality.

Best regards,