“Great views and nice staff”
Review of Hotel Belair

Hotel Belair
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Big touristic hotel. I loved: the stunning view from our room and from the restaurant and lobby, the super nice staff, the excellent breakfast and that it had free parking and wifi. Also the minibar where we could have our own cold beers. I didnt like the 25-30 minutes walk to the town. Old furniture, kind of art deco style I guess, but it was fine.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great location, delightful staff, delicious comp full breakfast each morning, free wi-fi, THE BEST VIEW -each room has balcony. My 6ft6in Tall husband very comfortable in king size bed. Terrific shower w/pressure! Arranged transfer by car to and from Naples as well as boat trip to Capri and car/driver for Amalfi coast drive. Polite, friendly, from front desk to dining room to housekeeping. I've travelled worldwide and this ranks at the top. Stay here!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tenniswmn
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We are a mature couple and westayed at the hotel for 6 nights at the end of April 2014.
The location of the hotel is very good. It is easy to reac h it by car , the carking area is very good and free of charge. Walking to the center of the town ( Piazza Tasso) it takes about 10-15 minutes.
The room and bathroom are large and clean. The room has a small bacony where one can seat outside and has a wonderful view of the bay of Naples and the Vesuv mountain. The breakfast is very good and the service is excellent. The facilities of the hotel are very good.
The stuff Mrs Monica and Mr Francesco are very helpful and they assist us recommending of sightseeing around Sorrento and good restaurants ( the best is Trattoria Antica). I recommend this hotel which is superb.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Belair with my teenage children and parents, partly as a celebration for my mothers 70th birthday. I was anxious that the hotel and location in general worked for everyone but I needn't have worried; the hotel was excellent, all staff warm, welcoming and extremely helpful in all regards. Michelle and his team in the restaurant were lovely and it was great to see and hear the pride they took in their restaurant, food and country. The complimentary celebratory wine left in my parent's room on arrival was a lovely touch and the gala dinner on our final evening was a great memory with which to finish off our stay. Our rooms were on the 1st floor and were spacious, clean and comfortable, the views across the Bay of Naples stunning and I wouldn't hesitate to return. We visited most of the usual tourist destinations in the area and the only caution I would offer is if you hire a taxi and driver to take you along the Almalfi coast, do your homework on restaurants for lunch rather than relying on the driver to choose a good one. The one we were taken to close to Ravello was poor quality and poor value and I really wish we had checked with the travel company rep and/or reception first.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea views, ours were great, comfortable, clean and airy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Diane M
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed in a superior room on 2nd floor. The views are spectacular! Breakfast was lovely, even better on the sunny days we could sit outside in the sunshine :-) The staff were nice & friendly. The walk to & from hotel initially looked a little steep but was actually very pleasant - and I am heavily pregnant.
As others have said...the rooms have zero soundproofing. It generally wasn't an issue until guests upstairs arrived in high heels for 2 days which became annoying at night - also we were next door to the lift which seemed to be on the go from 6am and quite noisy! We enjoyed the pool area - pool was far too cold to go in but its low season.
All in all very lovely setting.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Clean, classic hotel with great views, very helpful staff. I have no complaints about the hotel and would stay there again on our next visit to Sorrento. The restaurant is another matter. You are in Italy, the menu was all Italian food, but the cooking is 100% British. Pasta pomodoro was made with steamed tomatoes, no olive oil, no herbs. I understand that a lot of people are all right with pasta made this way, but it is a travesty to try and pass it off as Italian. I would have given Belair 5 stars if the restaurant either made it clear that their Italian menu was not in fact resembling Italian food at all, or if they actually focused on British food. It was a case of poor expectation setting and a hefty price tag to boot.
There is very little sound-proofing and the doors sound like cannon shots in the middle of the night. I can't imagine how frustrating that would be if the hotel is booked solid. But this is small quibble in an otherwise fantastic stay.

Please do stay at Belair. Just know what you are getting into when you decide to eat there. Do yourself a favor and go into town to eat.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

very nice cliffside hotel approx one third mile from center of town. room nice with excellent view accurately represented from website. breakfast area also well situated on deck overlooking the bay of naples and the isle of capri