“Perfect as always”
Review of Hotel Belair

Hotel Belair
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel never fails to impress. I have been staying here for a wonderful break most years for the last 10 years. I have travelled with both my parents and sister (who was a teenager when we first used to go) and friends.

The location is superb and each room has a sea view with a balcony, or larger terrace style if you have a more expensive room. The staff are fantastic and go out of their way to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. The walk into the town and back is manageable if you have a basic level of fitness (I have an artificial leg and don't have any problems but I am on the fitter side of amputees!!!) however there is a bus stop outside the hotel if you feel the walk is a little too much.

The food is delicious and there is plenty of choice for even the fussiest of eater - on my latest visit during the first week of July 2014 my friends mother accompanied us and she can be rather picky to say the least but was happy with the choices on the menu each day - there was one occasion where she picked two starters, having one as a main as she didn't fancy any of the mains on offer and this was no trouble.

I can't wait to return ASAP!!

Room Tip: All rooms are sea view. I've never had a problem with noise - yes you can tell other people are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank CiaoBella777

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I have just returned from what has been the most relaxing holiday we have ever had. Beautiful views from the our room with a balcony overlooking the bay of Naples with stunning view of Vesuvius. Comfortable and very clean room. We had requested a quiet room and for a bottle of wine to be ready in the room for our arrival, both of these requests were met.
The staff are extremely helpful, friendly and cheerful.
The hotel policy of not allowing guests to reserve sun beds was very welcome and very well observed by all.
Ideal for a romantic and relaxing break.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

In Sorrento having a drop dead gorgeous view is standard and nothing to shout about, but this hotel has much more, friendly and efficient staff, classic Italian feel, decent food, good location and spotless. Breakfast is nothing to shout about, but genuinely prepared with quality ingredients. Restaurant food is decent and prices are not out of this world, however if you are going to this part of Italy and not eat outside of the hotel you are missing the whole experience.

In summary great stay, brilliant base for exploring the region and definitely a return trip being planned.

P.S beware of taxis..... extremely expensive, were possible travel by Ferry

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just left this hotel after staying 3 nights. We had a really great experience! The staff were all So friendly and welcoming!! The location was absolutely perfect!! It was an easy walk to town but sat on a cliff overlooking the water. So beautiful. We had a big terrace and good size room. We loved it!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived from Naples via bus and it was pouring with rain. From bus drop in town we grabbed a taxi and this was really expensive.. Get hotel to pick you up.

We stayed 3 nights. We had dinner on night 1 at hotel due to rain, must wear pants and eat before 9pm.

Room had a great gulf view, has parking if needed. Nice pool.

Staff are helpful, will book a car to airport, private boat etc.

Free wi Fi, and shutters to block out the sun.

Breakfast has a great view of gulf and can grab a tan too.

Issues. Room needs sound proofing as due to tiles noise can be heard between floors and from corridor. Bathroom needs a refresh, small shower, but can shower in bath tub.
Shame the pool closes at. 6pm during summer as this is the time to swim after a boating day has been had .

Do a boat trip private hire for $500 euro all Islands - cost for boat can be split between others you travel with. Means no ferry hassle and driver will let you swim where and when you want. Ask for Luigi of Vinci boat hire.

Private car to airport Naples will be euro 90 as takes just under two hours to get there cash only.

Enjoy the view and walk down into town.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on recommendation from a friend and had a lovely stay. We travelled with Thomson and stayed half board. The food was lovely and we enjoyed eating outside on the terrace. We enjoyed the walk into town spending hours in the cafés and bars watching the world go by. We went to Pompeii and Herculaneum on the train and were lucky enough to visit on the first Sunday of the month when it's free. Sorrento is a great place to visit and we will be back one day.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank starosta
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Before I begin my review I need to say that we booked this hotel purely on the TripAdvisor ratings, we usually stay at a larger hotel but thought that this time we would try elsewhere, what we failed to realise is that this hotel has had the same guests staying there every year for the past 25 years! same room, same sunbed etc etc & they all take great pride in telling you this at every opportunity!

As the title says, its both good & bad. The staff must be some of the most professional & courteous that I have ever dealt with, & it would be unfair to them if I said otherwise. However, I feel that the hotel with both its physical limitations & tired decor lets the staff down.

We booked a "superior room" which was clean & tidy but not superior, we heard every movement from rooms above, below & to each side of us as the floors are tiled & guests & staff alike have no concept of how the sound of furniture being dragged across a tiled floor reverberates throughout the hotel.

The food was OK if not a little limited, but again the staff would move heaven & earth to ensure that you were satisfied, & on the one occasion that we said that we didn't like the meal, the waiter was mortified & said that he would replace the meal with anything that we preferred, so as I've already said, the staff are exceptional.

In short, this hotel needs a full facelift to bring it up to a typical 4 star standard, but I don't think that this will happen in the near future, as all of the regulars appear to love the hotel warts & all & good luck to them.

As for us, we'll be going back to a larger hotel, more in line with the recognised standards that you would expect of a 4 star rating

Room Tip: It's your choice, I've tried to write an honest review
3  Thank Leopold T