“Bravo”

Ranked #24 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
middlesex
“Bravo”
Reviewed 17 October 2009

This is the kind of hotel you want to find in Italy; elegant but not too chic, impeccable but relaxing, friendly but professional staff, traditional Italian food but modernized…..Bravo! !

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
PA
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Fabulous location, outstanding room, and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FlyingScot123456
Delaware
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Not sure what others are talking about ... but this hotel and its rooms (and its balcony views over the Bay of Naples) are absolutely gorgeous. Can't comment on the dinners (I don't know why you would go to Italy to eat hotel food) ... there are so many wonderful restaurants in Sorrento ... but the breakfasts were wonderful.
Staff were very professional and helpful. Overall, a total delight.

Niagara Falls, Ontario
Reviewed 14 October 2009

Hotel is spotless friendly & spacious. Breathtaking ocean views. A/C worked well, fantastic pool, balcony, & very quiet at night for sleeping. I can't find one bad thing to say about this lovely hotel, it's paradise. The breakfast buffet was fabulous every morning, & the dining areas were elegant & plentiful. Entertainment at night was great. Staff was extremely helpful for info. & directions. About 15 min. walk to town center, all downhill. Great seafood at Marina - "Dolfino" or "Trattoria Emelia". We would definately stay here again. Can't wait to return.

New York / Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I had a few challenges in route to the hotel because the airline, Lufthansa delayed my baggage. I was not able to meet up with my sister and her husband on the first night of our stay. My sister spoke to the hotel front desk clerk and they were very understanding and my sister was told I WOULD NOT be charged for the night because of the airlines mistake. When I arrived the following day, I was told I would be charged for the previous night by Francesco by order of his Accounting Department. I do understand certain rules but good customer service should have stepped in at this point. It is for this reason I would not stay there again and unless you are sure you will be arriving on time, I would advise against staying there. I ask the hotel to reverse the charge on my credit card and I would consider staying there on my next trip in 2010.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank mstanco
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Room and bathroom old fashioned, tired and not the best quality. To our mind much of the hotel felt as if it would benefit from refurbishment and a good clean / airing. The wonderful views and kind, courteous staff unfortunately couldn't compensate for our disappointment regarding the quality of the accommodation.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Somerset UK
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We had dinner at this hotel whilst staying in Sorrento due to a sudden thunderstorm and after we had had 3 very good lunchtime snacks. The dinner was awfull we choose chicken soup and pasta for my partner. The chicken soup was out of a packet and the pasta overcooked ( should be a crimminal offence in Italy ) The main course not bad but not good value. My partner had cheese for dessert. Considering Italy has very many good cheeses we were presented with 3 cheeses 2 should only be used for cooking and the 3rd looked like those litlle plastic wraps you get on charter airlines. The cost of this poor meal was 40 euros each by far the most expensive meal we had in Sorrento and the worst. I raised these complaints with the management who only commented that they would speak to the chef. This is not the standard I would expect form a 4 star hotel

MariellaRusso, owner at Hotel Belair, responded to this review, 13 October 2009
Dear Sir/Madam,

We feel very sorry reading your comments.
Of course we apologize for not meeting your expectations, but we feel you are being too categorical.
First of all, due to the mentioned thunderstorm, we had many electrical problems that night, which is a partial justification, and the fact that you had 3 very good lunchtime snacks (cooked by the same chef) means that the food is not as poor as you say.
We asked you to come back in order to compensate your complaints in some way but you didn’t give us the chance to redress.
Talking about price: 40 Euros is definitely the average price for a 3 courses meal in a 4* hotel restaurant. It looks expensive compared to a “Trattoria” with no 4* service and setting.
We would be very happy to welcome you back to our Hotel, to stay with us in the future and not just for a meal, to show you our general money value.

Best regards,