The hotel is beautifully carved into the cliffs of Sorento looking out onto the Bay of Naples. The room was fairly basic but the view was not to be believed. There were very spacious but underused common areas including a large meeting/dining room and a huge bar that never had anyone in it.. The outdoor terrace was lovely. On the downside, this place has a lot of rules ... a whole lot of rules! If you go to the pool or beach they will hit you up for 2 euro for a towel and a stupid bathing cap that they insist you wear. If you leave the towels at the pool or in your room within eyeshot of the maids, the hotel will seize your towels and happily charge you another 2 euro the next day for a new towel and cap. The pool attendants seemed much more interested in texting on their phones than on doing much else. They have a restaurant but it is lit up like an operating room so I had much interest in dining there. And don't even think of bring a glass of your own wine or so much as a cracker out onto the terrace or into any public area ... They will swat you like a bug!!!
They were able to arrange very nice transportation to and from Naples train station which I would highly recommend. I would also recommend the rooms located on the levels below the lobby as they were larger but (at least according to my traveling companions) were priced the same as the higher levels and had the same view). Our room and the others that I saw had small balconies (and by small I mean bring butter!) with the very cheapest of plastic furniture. Plenty of mildew in bathrooms and deferred maintenance.
Really, my only issues with this hotel were the myriad of rules and their very unsubtle way of squeezing every euro out of every visitor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Europa Palace Grand Hotel is located in the heart of Sorrento, behind Lauro square and just 5 minutes walking from the main square of Sorrento: Tasso square. With a panoramic pool overlooking the Gulf of Naples and private beach access, the Europa Palace is an excellent location for banquets and wedding parties. Bar, a la carte restaurant and a snack bar by the swimming pool complete the hotel's offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Europa Palace Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa Palace Grand Sorrento
- Hotel Europa Palace Grand