Just got back from a week at the Europa Palace. First impressions of the hotel were good, all the guest areas are very clean, stylish and impressive. Our room (108) on the first floor with access to a large terrace. Ideal for sitting and has fantastic views over the bay.
As per previous reviews the room was a little tired in places, but clean and comfortable. Air con worked well and was nice and quiet. The food served in the restaurant was to a high standard. A good selection at the breakfast bar and the evening meals were always good quality and well presented. Could not think of a better location to sit and eat in the evenings, relaxed atmosphere and great views over the bay. The staff were all very helpful and polite.
On the down side we felt that the information provided by the hotel for guests was very sparse, you had to go looking for the facilities.
We booked this hotel through Thomas Cook and took advantage of a couple of their excursions. If you have not been to Sorrento before it is a good idea to do their walk about tour, gives you a overview of the town and some of the best restaurants and bars to visit. We also did a boat trip around Capri, this was the best excursion, only a dozen people with opportunities to look around the island and swim off the boat through the Green Grotto. The rep from Thomas Cook was ok, did seem more interested in selling their trips than anything else.
Overall Sorrento is a fantastic base to explore the bay of Naples and there is so much to see and do in the area. The hotel is located in the prime spot and if you like to spend time chilling while looking at one of the best views in Italy go for the up graded sea view rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Europa Palace Grand Hotel is located in the heart of Sorrento, behind Lauro square and just 5 minutes walking from the main square of Sorrento: Tasso square. With a panoramic pool overlooking the Gulf of Naples and private beach access, the Europa Palace is an excellent location for banquets and wedding parties. Bar, a la carte restaurant and a snack bar by the swimming pool complete the hotel's offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Europa Palace Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa Palace Grand Sorrento
- Hotel Europa Palace Grand