“Great Hotel for adults”

Ranked #17 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Kent, England
“Great Hotel for adults”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

An excellent Hotel as a base in Sorrento. Food , staff ,rooms all great>Went for 7 nights wish we had gone for more.
Not really a hotel for childen though. The pool is quite small considering the number of guests.
The entertainment was not too good but other than that we hade a memorable time and would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank 50lopezl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have just come back from a 2 week holiday with 2 friends x my 2 daughters. We had a great time x were very sad to leave, everyone in the hotel made us feel most welcome x looked after our every need x can't do enough for you, we felt very safe there as all the staff get to know you personally , the food was great x with lots of choice, it is one of the best al inclusive I have stayed in, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tls16
shrewsbury
Reviewed 24 August 2013

My 11 year old daughter and I stayed at the 'Atlantic Palace' for 2 weeks from the 2nd August and both had a fabulous holiday..I am extremely well traveled and have been to Italy numerous times,reading one or two of the reviews I wonder why some people travel abroad!!
Below I have tried to give a fair account of the hotel with pro's & cons
1/The 'Atlantic Palace' is situated on the main coast road and it is busy and I wouldn't personally attempt to walk into Sorrento...It is however extremely easy to book the shuttle bus or catch the local bus from outside the hotel...The Shuttle bus does not run in the afternoon for the simple fact you are in Italy and the shops close !!!
2/The food in the hotel was very good,there was always a good selection to choose from for all meals which should of suited most peoples tastes.Even my exceptionally picky daughter gave it a thumbs up.
3/The Staff throughout the hotel were extremely helpful,friendly & polite and would go out of their way to assist you..A special thank you to 'Giuseppe' on Reception and 'Pepe' the Maitre D' 4/ The pool area is not enormous but adequate and is situated in a real sun trap.The pool did get extremely busy,but hey it was hot and it was August and 36 degrees..The pool however was not dirty and the water was not murky and my daughter and I on several occasions witnessed water samples being taken,which indicates they checked the condition of the water.
5/ The bedroom was adequate and very clean...Towels were changed daily
and the air con worked..Our room was on the front with a lovely view of the 'Bay of Naples & Mount vesuvius'. The road could be busy & noisy when sitting on the balcony but thankfully once the shutters and patio doors were closed it did not disturb my sleep..Rooms are being updated for 2014.
6/ The entertainment in the Hotel was poor,with the same singer every night singing the same songs...I obviously don't want 'Bingo' or 'Karaoke',but some varied entertainment would be nice
In all my daughter & I had a great holiday,in a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor,do come with a wonderful view across the 'Bay of Naples and Mount ves...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Fashionista555
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks in August with my husband and 2 friends and we all enjoyed our stay and felt it was very good value for money we were all inclusive.We booked with First Choice and flights and transfers were good although we did have to wait initially for the Bristol flight to arrive but when we arrived at the hotel we were made to feel very welcome and although it was nearly 9:30pm the restaurant was still open and we had a very good meal.I can't understand other reviews who mention negative comments regarding the drinks and bar staff as we all had more than enough to drink whether it was lunchtime or in the evening and my husband really enjoyed the cocktails!We felt that Tosh gave us enough advice on trips and those we booked Pompei,Herculaneum,Amalfi coast by boat and Capri were all well organised and very enjoyable.Overall we felt the holiday was good value for money and yes we know it needs updating but they are doing this over the winter but the service and friendliness is second to none.The only negative comment I would make is regarding serving of fish and meat with the same utensils on the barbecue area as my husband has a severe allergy to shellfish he was unable to eat any of the meat cooked but he didn't go hungry as there was more than enough variety elsewhere.Thank you for a great holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris1234854
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Myself, my husband and 14 year old daughter stayed for 10 nights in August. What a fabulous hotel, you couldn't ask for more. Very friendly staff, superb food, most drinks were branded, extremely clean. Good base for exploring. Shuttle bus provided by the hotel was really useful. As an all inclusive holiday it was good value for money, a very different experience of all inclusive but on a positive. Lovely views and very relaxing. Think anybody with a negative review must have stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Our room was at the rear of the hotel on 3rd floor overlooking the patio. Didn't have a problem...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 703JayT
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed for a week 9th August 2013. Myself aged 42, mother 69, 18 and 11 year old boysbin a 4 bed room. Our tour operator was Thompson. Flights over and transfers went smoothly. The hotel as stated was on a busy main road and to walk into Sorrento down the hill with all the traffic and no pavement for our party was not an option, yes they have a shuttle bus which needs booking and does not operate between 12.15 and 4.15 (which was not adequate) this was the onlybway to get into town. There is no shops or anything locally. The outside of the building is today, the bar and restaurant and reception areas fairly pleasant with an Italian feel, always kept exceptionally clean - although the bar was occasionally laden with dirty glasses and crockery. I do not usually travel All Inclusive but we decided to try this and wish we hadn't. From the beginning I felt that the bar staff had been told to only issue 1 small measure of anything be that alcohol, coke etc, the coke was served to kids in a tiny glass or wine glass and this meant they were constantly asking for refills, cocktails were begrudged and a small splash of vodka with a dollup of strawberry flavouring banged on the bar with no ice did not exactly give the feeling of a luxury cocktail experience - they seemed annoyed to be asked for these. They did have gordens gin and Smirnoff vodka and the wine was good and they were happy to hand out in bottles. Water was plentiful. Often at lunch and during the day there was no pool bar man and you would be waiting around for service of a drink in the bar. Breakfast was ample choice, but the bacon,and sausages were not to my taste at all. Lunch was good, best to get there early or u were left with nothing much or cold chips and soggy pizza. But there was salads, occasionally chicken, fish and fresh pizza at the BBQ and pasta hot and cold, ice cream and cakes on offer as well. Evening dinner was hors doeuvres which was the same most nights, a choice of 6 large starters and about 6 mains, starters huge mains small - tiny amount of potatoes and veg. Plenty of sweets on offer for dessert and always pizza offered to kids if they wanted that. Service at dinner was excellent with friendly staff, nice ambience sat on the back patio with the little music man playing although it was exactly the same each night. Rooms - air con didn't work, sons bed matters was unbearable he couldn't sleep as huge springs sticking out of the mattress, we complained manager said he would replace, next day the same so we complained and were told the hotel is full you'll have to wait - I was not happy with this so in the end manager came upmtomour room and tried mattress we had it replaced the next day - still my son had gone 2 nights with no sleep. Balcony was nice but the road very noisy and our sea view was a glimpse int he distance on a sunny day. The rooms were tired and need updating , no coffee making facilities and were bland. Enough cupboards and hangers though. We could not open the door the key was very stiff, my son mastered the art eventually and he had to let us all in. The pool- awful so disappointed - we choose it because the pic looked good and said it had a jacuzzi - it did but was not on the whole of our stay. The pools area was drab and scruffy, pool far to small for all the guests, water murky and big cracks and chips and peeling paint. Sun loungers were packed in like sardines but u rarely got one and they are dangerous as one day the lid above your head to keep sun off (good idea) but were not working properly cloned down on my face and was very painful. The pool man was quite rude on occasions and the pool bar only in use part time. There were some area of patio on 3/4 th floors with nice views over Sorrento but there was nombarbor pool here just loungers or chairs. All in all the hotel tries hard management level to keepmguests happy but they really need to raise their game if they are going to charge there prices, I would not return to this hotel partly because of location and partly because or rooms and pool areas. Tosh was our rep - he waffled for half an hour about himself, Sorrento and all the trips, I couldn't undrestand him half the time and ended up booking trips I had no idea what I was booking. Tosh was sweet but always in a rush to get somewhere else, we felt we couldn't talk to him for long. We booked a Capri boat trip where transfers were bit delayed but the trip was well thought out and we enjoyed it, we did 4x4 select all day to Vesuvius we had a great guide who was great fun and we went to vineyards and had wine tasting and propermitalian food served - good day out but not cheap! We met many people who do the trips themselves on train or local buses and boats for far cheaper. We went to pompai half day and had a really grumpy guide that day so not to much fun. We would like to of dome Almafi coast trip but we didn't have time. We loved Sorrento once we found the town, all the small narrow streets bustling with atmosphere and restaurants and shops and the scenery and coastline of Sorrento was amazing as was Italy for keeping everything in tradition with its old buildings and houses. I would return to Italy to see more of the country definitely. We just felt a bit let down with the hotel and Thompson for the rep who could've made sure we had a good understanding of what we were booking etc. Return journey was ridiculous, picked up half hour late then at the airport held in a q of coaches for an hour 20 minutes as the airport could not accommodate everyone-!!! Ridiculous when we went in the upstairs had plentymofmcafes and shops that we could of gone in before checking in instead of sat on a coach - when we finally got through the gates had been called and we had to rush to the plane! Anyway, despite all that we had a good family holiday ;-)

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank L1258
Kent
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 11nights in July. Our room was at the back of the hotel on the first floor. Room was ok, bit dated but very clean. The hotel is situated on a very busy road so its a bit difficult to go for a walk here. there is a shuttle bus to take you into Sorrento which only takes a few minutes so well worth booking a place on there. The food was really good, probably best at lunchtime as they had a buffet style barbecue. In the evenings it was waiter service and you could eat outside on the terrace or inside in the restaurant. If you ask for wine you are given the whole bottle which we would take in the bar afterwards if we didn't drink it all. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and will do what they can for you. The drinks are good quality and branded names included. We went on quite a few trips so didn't spend a great deal of time at the hotel during the day but when we did we sat around the pool, which was extremely busy, mostly with children. The pool area is much too small and claustrophobic but I believe they are going to extend it for next year and also have an adult only bar. All in all this was a wonderful holiday in a very nice hotel.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KentLesley51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sorrento
Tui Sensimar Grand Hotel Nastro Azzurro
Tui Sensimar Grand Hotel Nastro ...
#1 of 12 in Piano di Sorrento
#32 of 100 in Sorrento
Grand Hotel Capodimonte
Grand Hotel Capodimonte
#27 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Tui Sensimar Atlantic Palace? Share your experiences!