Best Western Hotel La Solara Sorrento
US$474
US$493
US$471
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
US$369
US$490
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori(Sorrento)
US$1,002
2,142 results
All reviewsevery hourgala dinnerquarter past the hourshuttle bussalad barsea viewalways on timeevening mealfantastic hotelwaiter servicepool attendantplenty of sunbedsgreat holidayhotel is spotlessly cleanhalf boardlarge poolamalfi drive
Reviewed 12 May 2013

There was a wealth of hotels to choose from in Sorrento and I had limited to time to research them all. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor. I chose this hotel because of the reviews, its price and the fact that it had a pool.

The hotel is not in the centre of Sorrento. Its about 10-15 minute drive from the town depending on traffic. Don't let that put you off. The hotel has a shuttle bus which runs from about 0730 in the morning with the last bus into Sorrento at 11pm. The last bus back from Sorrento to the hotel is 1115pm. It is an excellent service. It is bang on time, the drive is over in no time and it is totally hassle free. So pleased with the service we had to give the driver a tip at the end of the week.

The hotel is spotlessly clean. It is up to date and has all services you'd expect from a hotel of this class.

I'm addicted to coffee. So much so that I travel with a travel kettle on most holidays. I didn't on this occasion - no kettle in the room. Damn. But, never mind, the hotel staff provided me with one free of charge along with coffee and tea and sugar. Brilliant. So, if you want a kettle don't forget and ask and they'll give you one.

The pool is excellent. Massive as hotel pools go. Very clean and the pool area around is fantastic with wonderful views over the sea. Really great.

the staff are second to none. They were always friendly, always helpful and would do anything for you. The parking area is limited but again the staff just told me to leave the car in the middle of the parking area. they then move all the cars around whenever you need your car out. Again, faultless service.

Honestly, I would go back to this hotel in a flash. I'm so pleased I didn't stay in the centre of Sorrento. This is much better. It really is. Peaceful, restful yet only ten minutes to the centre of town.

The staff recommend a boat trip to Capri for 75 Euros. Brilliant time. I took up the suggestion and it was a brilliant day. I'm going to do a separate review for that too.

Finally, my only two negative remarks about the hotel were (1) the cost of food at the pool/restaurant. I only ate at the pool one day and then chose the cheapest of food. I think it's just a bit too pricey and I'm not into paying over the top for hotel food/drinks. But really, it's a small thing in comparison to the overall rating of the hotel. (2) Noise: this is NOT the hotels fault. I cannot believe the noise of other guests. Banging doors constantly with such vigour that it used to make my blood boil. Another point (and tip): I had a room which had a balcony directly above my bedroom. The guests upstairs would drag (and I mean drag) their tables and chairs across their balcony constantly and the noise was unbelievable. Early in the morning and late at night. It was awful. So, when you book, try and get a room that does not have a balcony above your room (a balcony over a balcony would probably be okay). Or, do what I should have done: talk to the guests / hotel staff about the noise and hope they will be more considerate. It is for this reason that I have marked sleep quality as poor.

I would never hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room which had a balcony directly above my bedroom. The guests upstairs would drag (and I mean drag) their tables and chairs across their balcony constantly and the noise was unbelievable. Early in the morning and late at night. It was awful. So, when you book, try and get a room that does not have a balcony above your room (a balcony over a balcony would probably be okay). Or, do what I should have done: talk to the guests / hotel staff about the noise and hope they will be more considerate.
2  Thank OlafB
UGOSolara, General Manager at Best Western Hotel La Solara Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for your comment on our hotel and for the praiseworthy words.
Thank you for the suggestions.
1) By your next visit it would be nice to have a drink with you to explain why the cost of snacks seem bit too pricey.
2) The doors , for sure, next year will be more quiet as they are because we will change the closing springs.
Looking forward to having you back with us
Best Greetings from Sorrento and from all the staff

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Solara Hotel. The staff are excellent and maintain an enthusiasm about their work. Once again the team retained very high standards and are careful and attentive. Always looking to please and help. The food choice and quality is of a high level and the rooms comfortable and spacious. An efficient shuttle bus to and from Sorrento is so useful.
It is no wonder that La Solara continues to achieve awards year on year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

It has been a pleasure to have had you with us again with us and for the nice words you had for all our staff.
We hope to have you again with us next year to offer you our best services.
Ugo

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay just outside Sorrento. It felt like a luxurious resort. Good restaurant; pool; shuttle in to and return from the town center. Great room even if we didn't have a sea view. The only minor problem was that the fan with the AC blew directly toward the bed -- made sleeping uncomfortable. Also the bed was VERY firm.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

It has been a pleasure to have had you with us and that you appreciated the hard work of all our staff.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

This was our first stay at the Solara Hotel, Sorrento. We had a wonderful time- the staff were so friendly, service was excellent, and the food out of this world. We found the shuttle bus to and from the Hotel to Town very useful and also we were pleased to find that in Sorrento itself, the main bus and train stations were easily accessible.
The views from the Hotel are breath-taking and of course the weather was hot and sunny, except for 1 day of rain, which was there to make the place even more green! Also. the swimming pool and bar facilities were excellent.

Room Tip: The front rooms have the sea view and the sun in the afternoon. We were on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

It 'been a pleasure to have had you with us and that you appreciated the hard work of all our staff.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

one word sums it up perfect,from check in to departure.food choice excellent,rooms spacious and clean,all staff friendly and helpful.little things like a birthday cake for my birthday makes this hotel stand out.would highly recomend this hotel.pool was warm and big,plenty of sunbeds,regular shuttle bus into sorrento,drinks were no dearer than in sorrento town.bottle of wine can be kept for 2nd night,could go on and on about how good this hotel is,but go see for yourself you won't be disappointed