- Completely outside of Sorrento. There are many hotels nearby but they all seemed to have a shuttle service to the town. Villa Fiorita does not. There is a public bus service which stops outside, but these are not entirely reliable and not very frequent. When waiting for a bus in Sorrento to take you back, you could be waiting for over an hour - be warned!
We had a double room which was clean and basic, with a small balcony offering views of the Bay of Naples, which undoubtedly sways its visitors. I found however that the room smelt damp as if it had not been ventilated prior to our visit. Similarly, the bathroom was damp and we were surprised by a colony of ants which decided to march across it's floor one evening.
Noise also travels very easily throughout the hotel - beware of active children running around late at night!
Food & Facilities
- Breakfast was very good. Simple Italian fare, fresh and delicious - mostly pastries, cereal, fruits, yoghurt, and of course tea and coffee. There's plenty to start you off for the day - often we didn't eat again until dinner.
- Pool food, on the other hand, was horrendous! Avoid avoid avoid! It took a bizarre 20minutes to cook my foccaccia in what looked like an Easy-Bake Oven. And it was definitely not worth the wait.
- There is a small pool which I did not use. It is shared by another residence upstairs too.
- There is wifi in the reception area, which is fairly reliable. If you do not bring a laptop then there is expensive Internet available too - about 6euros an hour I think, which is absurd.
- Staff are helpful, but (apart from Giovanni) rarely seen to crack a smile which is a shame.
Make the most of free shuttles run by local restaurants. You really can't go wrong.
- HotelVilla Fiorita is ok, but I doubt that I will return. If I do come back to the Amalfi coast in the future, I will be staying somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Villa Fiorita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiorita Hotel Sorrento