“Perfect wedding at the Palazzo Marziale”
Review of Palazzo Marziale

Palazzo Marziale
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
York, United Kingdom
“Perfect wedding at the Palazzo Marziale”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Me and my husband have recently returned from Sorrento where we got married at the Cloisters and held our wedding reception at the Palazzo Marziale. I highly recommend this venue if you are considering getting married in Sorrento, its in a perfect location just across the street from the Cloisters and also the public gardens which are perched on the cliff top overlooking the beautiful bay and mount vesuvius.

Paola (Owner) was so amazing, helpful and a perfectionist at what she does, nothing was to much trouble. The whole process of planning the wedding reception was simple and stress free, we trusted her to take care of everything and we knew everything would be perfect because she is so passionate about her work.

Paola arranged for us to use her chairs at the cloisters for the ceremony, which solved the problem of there not been enough for all of our guests. Also her chairs were alot nicer than the town hall chairs anyway.

We had drinks and aperitifs served by Paola's waiters within the public gardens and also at the Palazzo Marziale on the outside terrace. The food was so amazing and there was more than plenty of food and drink to keep everyone happy until the meal was served. The atmosphere was perfect outside on the terrace and all of our guests were amazed at how spectacular the venue was.

We had a sit down meal downstairs, everything from the flowers to the table linen, candles, menus were all perfectly presented. The food was absolutely amazing and the service was brilliant, the staff were so efficient and helpful.

Paola was also taking care of organising the wedding cake for me, I had sent her a photograph via email of the cake i wanted and specified what flavours i would like each tier to be and she said she would take care of it. I did not see the cake until the night when it came to the point of cutting the cake and i couldnt believe how perfect it was, it looked identical to the photograph i had sent her from the internet and it tasted so good.

We are so pleased we chose to have our wedding reception here, We couldnt have wished for a more perfect day and it was made so easy by Paola. All of our guests were amazed at how stunning every single room within the venue was; we would strongly recommend using this venue for a wedding its perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Best value in Sorrento, Deluxe acomodations,excelent location, Great atttention to guests,
Best hotel in my trip in Italy.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Excellent central location ....opposite to entrance to garden (overlooking bay) in which is lift (1 euro to use) to harbour. We made good use of this!. Easy walk to rail/ bus station/ lanes/ restaurants. Charming/ helpful staff (Valeria!). Quiet. Stylish. Good breakfast. Great timber door to disappear through ...look up on street view! Would stay again.

1 Thank Richard_Engineer
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I recently traveled to Italy with my 2 daughters and stayed in Sorrento for 4 nights at the Palazzo Mariale.
I found the Palazzo Mariale to be a great location, good sized rooms and the stff couldn't have been more helpful.
I would happily recommend to other travelers and stay there again myself.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My fiancé and I visited Sorrento in January on a mission to find a reception venue for our upcoming wedding. We are to be married at the Cloisters of San Francesco in May and we were looking for a venue that was close to the cloisters. We had made appointments to view almost every hotel, restaurant and villa we could find on the Internet. Sorrento is a beautiful place and the majority of venues were within 15 minutes walking distance.

On the second day of our trip we made an appointment to meet Paola at Palazzo Marziale, she was by far the most professional and informative person we met on our trip, she showed us examples of table decoration, centre pieces, floral decorations, chair covers and linens, and menus. From the outset she took away all my stresses of organising a wedding abroad.

The palazzo is equisit, traditional Italian decor, antique furniture, and a large terrace where dinner or aperitif can be served. I was conscious of how the surroundings would look in wedding photographs, but the options are vast, from an impressive front door, breath taking entrance hallway, to candle lit terrace, I'm sure my photographer will be busy.

This venue is literally across the street fom the Cloisters so no transport or walking is required, there is a viewing platform where you can see Vesuvius and Naples from, just across the street. Although this venue does not overlook the bay itself, there are plenty of photo opportunities 30 seconds away.

We chose this venue, because it ticked all the boxes for us, Paola is so helpful and I feel confident after seeing examples of her work and how pristine the venue was that my wedding will be impressive. Befor meeting Paola I was extremely nervous about organising a wedding abroad and was starting to have my doubts, but she is so passionate and organised that I can now go back to worrying about fitting in my dress and less about the reception. My fiancé and I cannot wait untill May.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annaz110
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Me and my partner recently visited Sorrento in search for a wedding reception venue for May 2012. We had viewed the website for the palazzo marziale and were very impressed so we arranged to meet Paula during our visit to view the venue. Paula (owner) responded to my emails very quickly and was keen to arrange an appointment time that was conveinient for us. Within seconds of entering the palazzo we both realised that this was the perfect venue, it has beautiful rooms, lots of space and an amazing terrace. Most of all we were impressed with Paula, she was so helpful and enthusiastic. Everything that we requested, Paula was willing to provide and arrange for us and nothing was too much trouble. We are now looking forward to our wedding, and feel happy that we can contact Paula at any time and everything will be perfect.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We only stayed one night but it was perfect! Close to everything. Our room was gorgeous. The staff and service amazing. The breakfast was perfect right down to the linens.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family