“A wonderful place to stay in sorrento”
Review of Palazzo Marziale

Palazzo Marziale
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
“A wonderful place to stay in sorrento”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We arrived here initially only for one night but ended up booking the last two nights of our holiday back at palazzo marziale. We were met by Valeria, who could not have been more helpful. We stayed in the junior suite, with jacuzzi bath! And also the classic room. Both rooms were fabulous, very clean and in the junior suite we had a small balcony overlooking the sea and church. Perfect location in the centre of sorrento. Lovely breakfast and Valeria and Paula were both on hand for help if needed, whilst you were left to your own devices at the same time. Will definately be coming back.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

We are getting married in nearby Cloisters di San Francesco in June 2013. We went on a trip to Sorrento in July in 2012 and researched several different hotels which we were interested in using for our wedding reception. After a busy weekend and viewing some tremendous venues, we managed to find Palazzo Marziale which is situated about 25 metres from The Cloisters.
We knocked on the door of the venue about 10.30 in the evening and expected no response due to the late hour, however we were completely mistaken.
Far from making any excuses we were greeted by the owner Paola who gladly showed us round the venue and gave us a full run down on prices, availability and help with booking the wedding at The Cloisters.
We were so impressed with the venue which we cannot recommend enough, we were told that the building is 15th century it has 5 equally impressive large bedrooms which were clean and tastefully decorated. There is plenty of space on a terrace to hold a wedding reception with an alternative reception room downstairs which had a great surprise (which I won't spoil).
I cannot express enough how accommodating the owner Paola has been so far and we both can't wait or our wedding next June.
Well Done Paola and your team, see you next year.

Paul and Donna

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul F
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

In September 2011 we first visited Palazzo Marziale to view as a venue for our evening wedding reception- instantly we fell in love with this stunning, truely Italian building which had bags of charm and character. When we met Sig. Paola (the owner) we were welcomed by her positive attitude that nothing was a problem- anything we asked for could be put into place. This was the first wedding venue which we viewed during our 5 day visit and it was also the last- nothing could beat this magical setting!

As myself and my now husband are both creatives(!!) we had a very clear idea of how we wanted the finer details to look (cake, tables, flowers) Sig. Paola was welcoming to all proposals and I must say that nothing could not have been done better. We exchanged numerous emails with our Thompsons weddings team who communicated back to Paola on a daily basis enabling our dream to become reality!
(Thompson weddings- who also must not go without a mention on this review - they were amazing & Rosaria played such an important part in our special day)

So after months of impatiently waiting finally the 28th June arrived!!! We were a party of 32 people where we had private hire of this beautiful building. Positioned on the terrace (with the gorgeous sounds of birds singing) provided us with best of both worlds - sheltered by beautiful & fragrant orange trees from the hot Sorrento sun, overlooking the traditional cobbled back streets which Sorrento is so famous for!

We are not over exaggerating by saying that every detail was beyond perfect!! The venue is breathtakingly stunning, the staff are extremely tentative & friendly, the wine was superb & finally the food was mouthwateringly good. We had some allergies to cater for within our wedding party but Paola ensured tailor made menus were put into place & even particular food tastes were catered for to ensure that everyone enjoyed every part of this wedding banquet- and that they indeed did!! our entire wedding party were blown away by this amazing fairytale wedding venue!

We cannot thank Paola, the Palazzo Marziale team & the fabulous Thompson wedding team (in particular Rosaria) enough for everything they did to make our special day the most amazing day possible. We would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a Sophisticated & truely Italian wedding- Palazzo Marziale is THE most stunning place when you visit- the only negative is the photos just don't do it justice!

Sarah & Wayne x

Palazzo Marziale was more than we ever imagined!!

Stayed July 2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My Husband and I were married in Sorrento on May 21st 2012. We are from the UK, so the thought of organising our dream wedding overseas in Italy was a daunting task, untill we met Paola in January on a research trip. Paola immediately took away all our worries and began to plan our wedding. Frequent e-mails and updates on progress and ideas made us feel organised and excited.

We arrived a week before our big day and had a meeting with Paola at Palazzo Marziale, to decide on Menus, we had so many requests as our guests had many food preferences. Paola catered for every guest and their requirements almost individually. We then visited the florist to choose our centrepieces, button holes and bouquets. Which was great because we got to meet the florist and choose our flowers personally. I had sent Paola a photograph via e-mail of the cake I would like, and she had already organised musicians for the ceremony and a DJ for the evening prior to our arrival. Paola was so valuable during our planning stage, her insight and contacts locally made access to all services very easy, and she does this at no extra cost.

We held our ceremony at The Cloisters of San Francesco, which was amazing. The palazzo Marziale is across the street from the cloisters which is ideal, it meant that we didn't waste time transporting guests, we were a party of 52 so organising transport would have been costly in Sorrento.

On our arrival at the palazzo we were greeted by Paola and the head waiter Luigi, who gave us a glass of sparkling prosecco and walked us in to greet our guests. Luigi was highly attentive, to my husband and I, and all our guests.

We held aperitif at the Palazzo on the terrace, and it lasted about an hour. The food and drinks were truly amazing, all our guests were blown away. It was so relaxed and everyone seemed to enjoy. The musicians Paola had arranged for the ceremony played throughout the aperitif which gave it a classic Italian feel. Dinner service was flawless and the food was spectacular. We received so many compliments from our family and friends. The whole day ran so smoothly, our cake arrived and it was exquisite, an exact replica of the picture I had sent Paola, and it really was the best wedding cake we had ever tasted.

The party lasted untill midnight, Paola had arranged taxis to take all our guests back to their hotels (taxis are hard to come by in sorrento at that time of night, and are very costly, but Paola had arranged a fixed rate which was very reasonable). We had a fantastic day, we couldn't have imagined having our wedding reception anywhere else.

The day after our wedding Paola e-mailed us to say she had boxed up the remainder of the wedding cake, when we went to collect it, she had cut it up and boxed it and presented us with a bottle of prosecco to say thank you.

I cannot recommend Paola, her team and her venue highly enough. I have already recommended this venue to two of my friends who now plan to marry in Sorrento. I myself work in the hospitality trade, so am quite difficult to impress, but my husband and I were thrilled with the service at Palazzo Marziale, and are planning to spend our first anniversary there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The Palazzo Marziale in Sorrento was a beautiful place to stay! The room was comfortable and well decorated, the breakfast was delicious, the location superb (right across from the elevator tot he beach and a lovely park. The entrance was a little difficult to find but we loved the anonymity of it once we found it. This is a wonderfully private location with very quiet rooms, comfortable beds, and glorious air conditioning!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The location is very good near everything you need in Sorrento: lifts, old town alleys, restaurants. We had the Yellow room, which was spacious and had a view towards park and lifts. There was a small balcony where you could stand on. The room and bathroom were nice and the lobby was beautiful as was the terrace. The room, bathroom and terrace were maybe bit worn so some more attention and they would be perfect.

The breakfast was good and we enjoyed having it out on the terrace under orange trees. The staff was friendly and we only saw two of them. Since they only have 5 rooms we saw none of the other guests.

I had reservation for 3 nights and about week before and only few days before leaving for our trip, they informed that there was an error with the system and we had to move to another hotel for the last night. I was not happy, because I knew I had to pack and unpack again and the other hotel is not conveniently near the lift when we are leaving etc. but when I checked the other hotel from TA I thought it will be ok if we will get help with our luggage.

The other hotel was Maison Tofani and we got help with our luggage and I was happy with the room. Actually I liked both places but I cannot trust Palazzo Marziale so I would not book them again. My husband liked Palazzo Marziale better as I preferred Maison Tofani but that is another story.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our family spent the last few days of our 3 weeks in Italy at the Palazzo Marziale and I can not image a more delightful way to end our trip. The hotel is perfectly located between the beach and shopping on a quiet street with very little auto/moped traffic. Our very large room, with an equally spacious bath, overlooked a park and a beautiful church, where numerous weddings were held. Breakfast on the beautiful 2nd floor patio was absolutely delicious. The staff were attentive, gracious, and very professional. Valeria was wonderfully knowledgable, thoughtful and helpful from booking our transportation to finding us a last minute sight seeing trip. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family