Hotel Capri
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$270
US$225
Hotels.com
Hotel Belair(Sorrento)
US$402
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
US$345
US$182
US$169
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Il Nido Hotel Sorrento(Sorrento)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$220
US$213
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsair conpool areathe main squaretrain stationsmall hotelsmall poollovely hotelcakesfew minutes walkbest pizzacentral locationpiazza tassofrench balconyforeigners clubreception staffcontinental styleclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Very good location. Had booked a twin room but on arrival were allocated a double room on the side street. Problem was rectified as soon as possible. Yes, they do offer B & B and we found the breakfast to be more than adequate. Very clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We heard lots of bad comments about staying at Capri but we found it to be wonderful. The staff was great and very helpful. The only negative we can add is that when the owners arrived back, the situation changed. Staff was more tense and guests were watched not to bring anything in from the outside shops. Water and snacks had to be bought from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the road side was never noisy
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Just back from a week in Sorrento. Stayed in Hotel Capri half board (dont think they offer B&B??). Trip was not cheap. Hotel reception/dining area just been refurbed and very clinical... clean, white, nice flower arrangements etc but no atmosphere whatsoever. Rooms, ours overlooked the side road/church so no balcony but not an issue as didnt spend much time in it. Room was fairly small, basic but clean and shower/bathroom facilities were adequate. Room was cleaned/beds made/fresh towels in bathroom every day which was good. The pool area was nice albeit small. No issue with sunbeds etc. Nice garden area too with comfortable furniture in the shade. Pool bar/snacks available at reasonable enough prices (not overly priced and girls at pool bar area very pleasant). It seemed an older italian woman was in charge and would sit on the sunbeds in the afternoon and if she saw something she didnt like, she would call one of the staff on her mobile and they would come out and "tell off" whoever necessary!!! Be warned, if you dare to even drink a bottle of water by the pool not bought in the hotel, they will come and tell you to remove it immediately!!!! Food....... well where do I start..... I thought I was going to be spoilt in Italy with all the good food on offer.... well definitely not in this hotel. Breakfast was ok... regular toast, ham, cheese, tomatoes, pastries, occassional boiled egg available, coffee out of machines (not great) but you can live with it. You have to choose your evening at breakfast time (not ideal) from a menu that is left on your breakfast table. You have the same table for the duration of your stay.... you cant just sit anywhere!!! Evening meals... what can I say... very very basic. I ordered tuna one evening thinking it would be a fresh tuna steak... turned out to be a plate of sliced tomatoes with a TIN of tuna slapped in the middle... great dog food but not for human consumption. Daughter had prawns which were undercooked and when I asked about it I was told "that is the sauce"!!!! So needless to say, we didnt eat there again the evenings. If your not a fussy eater then you will be fine but I think anyone with half a decent palate will not be impressed. I got the impression that eveything was "Forbidden" - there seemed to be notices up to say you cant do this or that... nothing welcoming even in the booklet in the hotel room, it just stated what you cant do!!! Nothing about the hotel facilities/what additional services it has to offer etc. Overall: good location, nice pool area, clean. Terrible food, no atmosphere, there is a bar there I believe but never saw anybody at it in the evenings after dinner for a drink as there was nothing inviting about it. Would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MCR2011
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My daughter (15) and I stayed here for a week. Had read previous reviews so wasn't expecting luxury but at the price willing to give it a go. We ended up having a fabulous time. Booked a twin, got a room with three single beds, overlooking the street. It was more than adequate and though not really a blacony, we could look out on Italy and watch all the scooters and people go by. Once the windows were closed you could hardly hear anything, so very pleased. Slept comfortably and well. Had taken a travel kettle as had already read there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Glad I did. The bathroom was fine. Shower was very small and so if you're a bit on the chunky size you would struggle. Plenty electric sockets, so again, don't know why I read that this was a problem. Maybe the room?The housekeeping was good. Breakfast was the usual med. fare of cold meats and fruit, but it was fresh and set us up for the day. Very odd though, having booked half board, to have to order what you wanted for dinner at breakfast time. The restaurant is actually lovely so maybe they should think of expanding their meal menus? The lounge/bar is also nice, very cool. We ate there a couple of times, including a 'Gala Night'. The latter was good fun maybe because it was so strangel. There was a 5 course meal and a lovely little Italian singer on electronic keyboard who sang the night away. Lights kept going off but it just added to the atmosphere and we were glad we went. The staff were nice, not sure why I've read elsewhere that they were unhelpful as we certainly found them friendly and always helped when asked. The 2 waiters were hilarious, in a dry humour sort of way. The pool was small but clean, the loungers good and the small garden lovely. All in all a cheap hotel smack in the centre of one of the lovliest cities in Europe at a very good price. What more could you want? We would go back unless I inherit money in which case I would choose somewhere with a better dinner menu...

Room Tip: Rooms ove looking pool have balconies. Rooms overlooking street, tiny balcony. Others = no balcony
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Langhame
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We booked this hotel earlier in the year and when I read the reviews of it after I had booked, was really worried that we had made a mistake. It was such a lovely surprise to find on our arrival that the hotel was absolutely wonderful. The staff were very helpful and friendly, it had a friendly atmosphere - all the guests spoke to each other. Food was fine - depends what you want really - every morning we were given a choice of 3 meals for the evening meal and I must say there wasn't anything I found unpalatable! If you want 5 star food and accommodation, book a 5 star hotel! It was extremely clean and so central to everything - the train station is around the corner and to get to Pompeii for two of us it cost 8.40 euros. You can also get the bus outside the train station to go to Amalfi. I would certainly go there again but would opt for bed and breakfast as there are so many places to eat in Sorrento.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple