My fiancé and I decided to base ourselves in Sorrento to discover the Amalfi Coast. We spent 4 nights in Sorrento. 2 Nights at the Plaza Hotel, and 2 nights at a hotel called the Antiche Mura which was literally next door to the Plaza Hotel. Here is our review of Antiche Mura:
- Location: 25 metres from the centre of Sorrento. Only a 2-3 minute walk to the train station. Ideal really.
- Hotel Complex: This hotel is older then the Hotel Plaza, but everything is done first class in it and everything has been maintained. The hotel had a lot of personality.
- Pool: The pool is in a lovely garden area filled with lemon and lime trees. The gardens are incredible. The pool is lovely and there is a nice pool bar located there with free towels and showers
- Air conditioning: you could make your room as cold as you liked it..very important to me.
- Breakfast: It is a first class breakfast with 20 deserts to choose from, parma ham, eggs, and everything else you can imagine including fresh fruit. Sour point – coffee was rich and tasted funny.
- Staff at front counter: Some staff were super friendly and wanted to show you were the “locals” eat. Other staff just wanted to get rid of you and pointed you out the door to tourist restaurants.
- Shower: shower is outdated. Their “shower power” with 20 nozzels was useless. They would be better off getting rid of it and just putting in a normal shower with one good pressure hose.
- Payment to use lobby internet – 3 euro’s half hour.
- Pool towels: outdated and very thin.
- Rooms are a bit small.
All in all, a very good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antiche Mura Hotel has a wonderful position in the heart of Sorrento, in the main square Piazza Tasso. It is an ideal base for exploring Sorrento and its beautiful surroundings like Capri, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, etc. This newly renovated hotel combines elegance, style and modern comforts (Like Free Wi-Fi) able to satisfy guests with the highest expectations. At the same time , you will be able to experience centuries of history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Splitty, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Antiche Mura Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antiche Mura Sorrento