“Simply the best!”
Review of Hotel La Meridiana

Hotel La Meridiana
Ranked #56 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Wonderful place, exceptional scenery, and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Peter R

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Staff very friendly. Food excellant and plentiful. Hotel very handy with everything but also very quiet. Me and my four friends certainly enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank elizabethshetland
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my partner in July 2011 and couldn't have asked for more. The welcome was extremely warm and the Head waiter made sure that we had some food despite arriving too late for the evening meal. The staff continued to be helpful throughout our two week stay and were always about to assist us.
The restaurant is a definite asset to the hotel; the waiters were personable and knew what we liked and didn't within two days. We paid for half-board and the food was fantastic value for money- there was lots of choice, even for vegetarians like me!
The location of the hotel is excellent: the train station, buses and town centre are all within a 5 minute walk, as are many lovely bars and restaurants. In terms of price, service, cleanliness and location you couldn't do much better in a busy area like Sorrento.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a sea view- it's worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gem06g
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My wife & I stayed at this hotel in September for our Golden Wedding Anniversary & although we did not mention the occasion to the hotel they came in after dinner with a nice cake with a single gold candle on the top. All week we found every member of staff could not have treated us beter. The meals were realy nice & hot too Although it is a small hotel we could not find any fault at all , The location was ideal

Room Tip: We overlooked the lemon grove & very nice too
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank malcome
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My niece, her daughter, and I were fortunate to get into this property on short notice. The location is excellent ~ a short walk from the train station but away from the crowds & noise. Breakfast was lovely and staff very accommodating. All in all, a delightful experience!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JKorW
Reviewed 1 November 2011

La Meridiana is a very pleasant hotel, and we found it ideal for our needs. The room was very clean, and was cleaned daily, and we were lucky enough to have a room with a sea view, from which you could see part of Vesuvius and had a lovely aspect on the bay. The beds were comfortable although the pillows were a bit lumpy! Although there is no pool (not really required as there is so much sightseeing to be done in the area!) there is a nice roof terrace if you do want to relax in the sun for an afternoon. The staff were friendly and polite and the food was what you would expect from a three star hotel, mostly very enjoyable and you certainly never left dinner hungry after the generous portions! Be aware that if you visit outside the British school holidays there may be one or two high-spirited school parties staying at the hotel, but this didn't really bother us. Finally, the location of the hotel was perfect in my opinion; just 5 minutes walk from the central square of Sorrento and from the train/bus station and a supermarket, 15 minutes from the ferry port - close enough to everything to be very convenient but far enough off the busy main road to be fairly quiet (it doesn't matter where you go in Sorrento, there will always be *some* noise of scooters in the background!). It is also next to a lovely orange and lemon grove where you can taste and buy limoncello, and some of the rooms looked over this grove rather than the sea. All in all, we really couldn't find anything to complain about at this hotel and enjoyed our stay immensely.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fionagee_11
Reviewed 30 October 2011

First off, I must say the staff were very nice and helpful and it is in a lovely location. But that is where my good review ends. I personally did not like most of the food served, the same opinion was shared amongst my friends. The rooms were quite small and the bunk beds which were fitted had no ladders or safety features and I feel sorry for my friend who had to haul herself from the ground to the top and lie still for fear of falling off. Locks also didn't work in the bathrooms and I had to wedge the door shut. The pillows were hard and I was attempted to check if the had rocks in them. Lights also went out if you put anything on charge which was extremely annoying at times. One of the nights we dined we were horrified to discover flies in our salad. I personally nearly threw up after finding around 15 in my salad. The tablecloth was not cleaned and I did not like sitting at a stained orange tablecloth. I'm afraid I will never stay in this hotel again and will look for a different hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a double room, anymore and you will have bunkbeds. Most balconies are nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Emma M
roby90, Direttore at Hotel La Meridiana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Good morning.
We are really sorry to receive such a negative feedback.
Regarding the remark on the bunk beds, I would like to give you further information on your accomodation deal. You were in fact part of a student group, therefore your accomodation was arranged by a tour operator: it is an agreed policy to organize student multiple rooms by placing bunk beds in them, not the hotel's in general.
Regarding the episode of the fly in the salad, it was an unfortunate episode (due to avoiding using toxic agents on vegetables) only reported once: in order to apologize for the inconvenience, the whole group was offered a substitute side dish, which the tour leader refused. In addition, we change tablecloths once a day for all clients, and the tables assigned to each group (and only to that group) are the same ones for the whole stay.
We hope we have fully explained your negative remarks.
Best Regards