“my wife's 50th birthday treat.”
Review of Hotel La Meridiana

Hotel La Meridiana
Ranked #57 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Swindon, United Kingdom
“my wife's 50th birthday treat.”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

just arrived back from staying at the la meridiana hotel in sorrento italy. myself and my wife thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, the hotel was a good choice by myself as the rooms were clean we had clean towels every day, the breakfast was good and the staff were exceptional. I would like to thank eduardo and rose in particular for there hard work , great sense of humour and nothing was to much trouble.With the hotel being in a central location it was easy to get around especially to the bus station and train station where we visited pompeii , herkalanium, the amalfi coast and aboat to the island of capri, all these place's were really great places to go to all worth a visit.back at the hotel we all shared different table's for breakfast and evening meal's and i would like to thank colin and trish from doncaster for making myself and my wife feel at ease and for being excellent company and colin i owe you a round of drink's goodluck to you both.it was a wonderful experience for my wife and myself many thanks to all of you and would definetly recommend this hotel to friend's . trevor and pauline.

Room Tip: pay for balcony room overlooking the lemon groves.
3 Thank Pauline P
roby90, Direttore at Hotel La Meridiana, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
We thank you so much also on behalf of my Staff for such an overwhelming review.
I am delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay with us. I am so happy to read your kind words about our Staff, food, location & services!
It will be very helpful to those travellers who are planning to come to Sorrento and would choise our Hotel.
Please let us know if you will consider coming this way in the near future, we will be overwhelmed to welcome you again!
Roberta Pizzella

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Redditch, Worcs.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband & I stayed at Hotel La Meridiana in August - I've been meaning to write my review since then!.We've been to Sorrento many times but this was our first visit to La Meridiana. The location is excellent; right in the centre & an easy walk to the bus & train station. Also close to restaurants & bars. We had a room with a balcony facing the street. It was noisy at times, but Sorrento is a busy, lively town. The roof terrace gives an excellent view across the Bay of Naples to Mount Vesuvius. The hotel is opposite a wonderful little museum, Museo Correale di Terranova, set in an 18th century villa, and close to a lovely lemon grove. The food at La Meridiana was excellent. The only meal we didn't enjoy was the 'English' one at the Gala evening. The Italian food was so much better! The staff are lovely; very helpful & all speak excellent English. The hotel is clean, comfortable, child-friendly and well situated. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay - Sorrento is one of my favorite places in the world and La Meridiana makes an excellent base for exploring. Our visit was made even better by the lovely people we shared a table with - Jean & Tony, Helen & Danielle. Hello to you all if you read this!

Room Tip: A balcony with a sea view is good, but possibly it might be quieter at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryBRedditch_Worcs_
We thank you so much for the precious time spent on commenting your stay with such an overwhelming review.
This makes us happy and let us continue to work with enthusiasm and satisfy all our customers.
I hope that you will be able to come back to our hotel in the near future so we can once again ensure you have a wonderful stay with us.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

On first appearances the rooms looked fairly spartan and the chair was stained. The TV was small with only one decent channel (but we didn't come on holiday to watch TV so this wasn't a problem). The bed was comfortable, the bathroom good apart from a bit of mould in the shower cubicle, there were clean towels provided daily and beds well made every day. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff friendly. Dining was a pleasure, with guests sharing a table with the same people each evening and getting on well, and the food choice, quality and service was wonderful. One down side was the fact that the balcony overlooking the lemon grove was very noisy with traffic noise due to school and police station being in the same street. However the location for town was good. The bar was small and not manned so we weren't able to buy hot or cold drinks, which would have been good as there weren't tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms. However, we enjoyed our stay and felt at home at the hotel and would return.

2 Thank N R
Thank you for such an overwelcoming review!
We look foward to welcoming you again in our Hotel next year!
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

just returned from a fantastic week at the la meridiana everyone very triendly and helpful all spoke good english. rooms spacious and kept clean good central location restaurant service goowould definately go there again and recommend it to anyone

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We thank you for your very kind review.
We look forward to welcoming you soon as our guests again!
Best Regards
HOTEL LA MERIDIANA
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed in this lovely hotel week Commencing 11th October. The hotel is perfectly situated for main town square and access to train station. The room was cleaned daily to a high standard with fresh towels every day.
The food in my opinion was lovely and even my very fussy husband was happy with the menu, always finding something he would enjoy. All the staff in hotel were very friendly and helpful during our stay, a special mention to dining room staff Antonio Eduardo and Rose who always greeted us with smiles.
Sorrento is such a beautiful place to visit and we would definitely return to the La Meridiana

1 Thank sylvia904
roby90, Direttore at Hotel La Meridiana, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was my second time at La Meridiana so I knew what to expect and you can see what that was by reading my previous review. I'll keep this review down to bullet point scores!!!

FOOD - 3/10
CLEANLINESS - 9/10 (However, our room wasn't cleaned until mid afternoon each day making it impossible to enjoy the room for an afternoon nap!!!)
LOCATION - 10/10
STAFF - 10/10
BALCONY - 7/10
NOISE - 3/10 (The hotel is on the main road so very noisy with airport pick up traffic and general rush hour traffic during week days, also I found they like to empty the bottle bins from the kitchen at 2am!)
SUN TERRACE - 8/10 (Excellent views but a tad shabby)

Would I stay here again - never say never but I would look to book elsewhere before settling for La Meridiana if I'm honest, saying that, anyone on a budget who wants a clean, centrally located hotel can't go wrong here!!!

Room Tip: Get a balcony room!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
roby90, Direttore at Hotel La Meridiana, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
We are very glad that you came back to our Hotel twice, and thank you for your excellent review about our Staff & location.
Regarding the food, we are sorry you weren't satisfied, as our hotel is a friendly family-owned, three-star facility, as specified on brochures, but always open to meet any customer request. In case you wished to return, I strongly suggest you would explain your requests to our headwaiter, in order to fulfill them as possible.
La Meridiana is not located on the main road but it is in the centre of Sorrento, making traffic usual and expected.
Finally, I would like to clarify that bottle bins are not emptied from Hotel staff but from Sorrento city service employees, as our receptionist would have explained to you, had she been asked.
I hope I have provided an explanation for the aspects that you found unsatisfying, and strongly wish to have you back in our hotel in the future.
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at the La Meridiana recently and found it to be excellent value for money. Centrally located with friendly staff with lovely views from our room with a balcony facing the sea.

Ideal base to explore Sorrento and surrounding areas. The atmosphere in Sorrento at night is great and lovely walks in the surrounding hills to explore during the day.

The Sorrento Musical is a fun night out.

We have already booked to return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and balcony 3rd floor or higher for great views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan L
roby90, Direttore at Hotel La Meridiana, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Alan, thank you for such an overwelcoming review!
We look foward to welcoming you again in our Hotel next year!