“great location”
Review of Hotel Tourist

Hotel Tourist
Ranked #80 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 27 August 2013

stayed 4 8 days in august,fab location,staff excellent an v helpful,brill breakfast great choice and great quality,room on 2vd floor great view spoilless clean,air con fab would gladly return to this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maureen c

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Excellent location - very close to town centre and transport links
Breakfast good quality and varied
Room was smaller than it looks on the photos, but it was serviced every day and towels changed. There were a few ants in our bathroom / shower and i'm not sure if that was because it was so hot or what, but they disappeared after the first few days.
Room has a balcony, very nice for sitting out and relaxing before a night out
The pool area and garden is lovely, food on offer could be a bit better
Entertainment and theme nights are put on for families and although we never went to it as a young couple, we heard the music, laughter, and clapping and it sounded lively.
The staff are mostly friendly, welcoming and helpful, especially as we had a couple of questions about excursions etc.
We feel that we got good value for money at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fran1806
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks from the end of July - August in a 5th floor,pool facing room with balcony.Our room was more than adequate for our needs,it was well serviced on a daily basis by a friendly maid.Air conditioning was excellent as temperatures exceeded 40 degrees Celsius for several days.The bed had a firm mattress, which was very comfortable. The balcony gave us good views across the mountains. Hot water was readily available & our towels were changed daily.
Breakfast was a combination of continental style & a choice of a few cooked items which we found perfectly acceptable.The waiters were experienced & efficient & although not fluent in English were helpful & welcoming.Evening meals were available & the restaurant always appeared busy although we did not use it ourselves.
The reception staff were friendly ,welcoming & readily gave us information when asked.They were very sympathetic when we arrived minus our luggage due to problems at Gatwick & willingly received it allowing us not to waste time waiting at the hotel for it.
The pool was well maintained to a very high standard,set in delightful gardens,One of the best hotel pools we've seen in a 3*** hotel.
The location was brilliant, easy access to Circumvesuviana train/bus station,no more than a level 10 minute stroll away. Tasso Square was a further 5 minute walk.
We would definately recommend the hotel to friends & family & would stay again.
A big thank you to all staff for making our stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: 5th floor,rear facing room is quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DoraandNigel
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner have just returned from sorrento having stayed at this wonderful hotel! We went for a wedding and there was many that came along and after speaking with everybody I think we chose the best hotel! The room was great! Very clean and the cleaner was lovely even gave us a big hug when we were leaving! The pool was also impressive and some of my friends joined me here as there hotels pool was not as nice. There is a lovely waiter that is always there to serve you drinks or food. All the staff were really friendly and it really made our holiday we were really impressed! I am horrified at some of the comments on here I dont understand how anybody wouldnt enjoy! I recommend this hotel to anybody the location is perfect and its a beautiful hotel :-)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank scorpio1989
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel and liked it. Good genuine family orientated staff who aren't stiff necked like you find in some hotels, neither are they patronising or gushing but normals Joes. The hotel has nice clean rooms, good food,excellent swimming pool, good free internet access, great room balcony from which you can watch the busy Sorrento night life. The drinks were also quite reasonably priced and I certainly hope to go back there some day. Some maniac's review below carried on about a young waiter's suit being too big for him. Well what if it was, perhaps he's not really a professional waiter but someone working their way through University and learning the trade therefore he wears what he can afford or can get his hands on, like most of us making our way in the world at his age. Better a loose jacket than a stuffed shirt! If you are looking for the Hilton, with everybody bowing and scraping and being condescending then this isn't the hotel for you. The hotel receptionist might be a bit laid back, but in a nice way. Judging by the amount of tips I saw piled up on the reception desk on the day we left the reception staff must be pleasing somebody, including me. There was also nothing wrong with the mattress, my room looked happy and I enjoyed serving myself at breakfast and going back for seconds. If you are looking for a good, competively price hotel to stay at with genuine staff who have character, nice clean rooms, good food, etc, then this is the hotel for you. PS I might be English but I have stayed hotels all over Europe and this one is a good one.

Ray Moody

Room Tip: If you like to watch the world go by then try for a room at the front of the hotel with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Raymoody2000
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had to stay two nights for work reasons..but I would have checked out immediately if I could have... The rooms are sad looking, the mattress was the worst I've ever experienced...it was bumpy and I found it really hard to sleep.

Breakfast was a farce... everything was so badly organized.. and the young waiter on duty the first morning just looked so miserable to be there and his suit was far too big for him. I felt a little sorry for him but still I felt sorry to be there too.

The staff I met on the desk were lack lustre and one smug looking male receptionist was unhelpful and sarcastic. He made it obvious that he couldn't have given a damn and when we checked out my Italian husband expressed our displeasure but were met with a non-chalant response.

i can see that English people like this hotel and it is only a few minutes walk to the centre, which is useful. I didn't eat there at lunch or dinner time and so it wouldn't be fair to comment upon the quality of the restaurant.

Coffee came from a machine, which an increasing vice now in hotels..the one thing you used to be able to get in Italian hotels was a decent coffee but this is becoming a thing of the past. I couldn't drink mine and barely touched the breakfast 'fare' as it didn't look too fresh... very disappointing experience and most definitely wil not be returning...but 'he' won't care so I won't feel too bad!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ianki
gianpaolo f, Proprietario at Hotel Tourist, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

We are apologize for the problem.
The waiter caused, bt the high temperatures lost a lot of weight, and so is giacket now is to big for him. We have ask for a new uniform our Taylor. We accept your advice we will help us to improve our already good service. Sorry bur we think your very bad review is excessive rispect to the argoment. For us is very important all suggest or the gustes. The Hotel is driven by myself and my family that work at the desk and none for us sarcastic a customer is absolutely, maeby sometimes ironic right to create a fun environment for customers.
Gianpaolo Fiorentino Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Myself and three others have just come back from a 4 day trip to sorrento to celebrate our friends wedding!
Upon booking this hotel we thought it was good value and would do for the four days we were there!! However when we got there we were all surprised how well we had done! The pictures don't do the hotel justice!!
The location was perfect for us in walking distance of the train station and the centre. The staff were always helpful when we needed it Including the little old man who waits up for you to come back after a night out no matter what time it was!!!
We would recommend this hotel to others as its great value for money and we couldn't ask for more.
We only had breakfast there which was ok maybe need abit more choice. The rooms were always cleaned and the pool area was perfect for the hot days!!

• Stayed: July 2013