We travelled to Sorrento in July this year and decided to stay at the Michelangelo Hotel after checking the reviews on Tripadvisor. The hotel is ideally situated and close to the centre of the resort. Sorrento itself is very flat and the only hills are down to the beaches. For 1 euro you can catch a bus!
The hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly. The food in the restaurant is plentiful, the starters were as big as the main course on occasions. We had a bottle of the house wine with most meals and it war reasonably priced. The deserts were delicious.
Our hotel room overlooked the swimming pool, it was a good size and had a fridge. At night the corridors outside our room were very quiet.
We went on two trips, the first was to Vesuvius and Pompeii, we decided to use the train to get to get there, It was very cheap and far better value than what was being offered by our tour rep. Our next trip was to catch the bus to Amalfi, the trip takes in some stunning scenery and its definitely worth doing.
Sorrento is a lovely place with terrific views, one of the best view points was at the foreigners bar where you can sit with a glass of chilled wine overlooking Naples and Vesuvius, its stunning!!
The only disapointment was the price of drinks, beer was 5 euros although meal prices are similar to what we pay in the UK.
We enjoyed Sorrento and would travel there again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis in the heart of Sorrento. The Hotel offers a special atmostphere and right environment for spending a relaxing and amusing holiday. Even if it is located in the centre of the town, the Hotel is a tranquil oasis. The structure has been developed around an ancient tower, dating back to the sixtieth century. It hosts three large suites which are characterised by intimate and luxurious atmospheres. Our services Swimming pool, Credit Cards, Satellite TV, Hairdryer in room, Safe, Fax, Photocopying, Luggage Storage, Restaurant, Internet point, Wi-Fi. Our staff speaks English, French and German. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Sorrento
- Hotel Michelangelo Sorrento
- Michelangelo Sorrento