Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sligoinian
Sligo, Ireland

Good location

Review of Rivage Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Jun 2024
We spent a week here, overall the experience was good.Location is very good 15 minutes walk from bus/train station.The room was ok as you are only sleeping in it ,beds very comfortable ,towels changed every day .Bathroom could do with an upgrade, damp smell first few days on entering the room .When room above us would flush toilet that very noisy especially in the middle of the night.
There is a lovely seating area on level 3. Pool area is fine plenty of sun loungers .
Breakfast was adequate served every morning by the same cheery friendly staff .You can order an omelette or fried eggs and bacon or help yourself to the cold buffet.
At night time there are a good selection of cocktails at a reasonable price.
The hotel is a 3 star and is priced accordingly in a good location with helpful friendly staff it was adequate for what we required.
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    £472
    £647
0.4 miles from Rivage Hotel
View more hotels in Sorrento
All reviews the main street pool area is small train station hotel is in a great location stayed here for nights basic room nice breakfast reception staff are pool towels restaurants and shops tasso square amalfi coast yogurt balcony maid sunbeds corso
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2024 via mobile

Not a cheap hotel yet the cleanliness levels were very poor. I stayed here for 3 nights in room 115. The room was dusty, floor dirty, bathroom not cleaned properly and the neighbours were easily heard. The continental breakfast was ok apart from the disgusting juice bottles with gunk around the lid and opening. The egg and bacon I ordered from the menu one morning were awful. The staff seemed inconvenienced by customers and 5-6 staff just stood around the bar talking every morning rather than serving customers, I had to call them over or approach them. The plus points were the pool, sun terrace with sun beds and parking. They don't even offer drinks service from the terrace, you have to go to the bar to order and they bring it out. The night security man was a friendly chap although he'd been drinking heavily as I could smell it on his breath. I wouldn't stay here again, this place could be amazing with some improvements!

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2024 via mobile

What an amazing hotel!! I cannot recommend this place enough. The staff were so incredibly kind and attentive, especially the twenty year old receptionist. My friend and I stayed here for a few days to celebrate my 21st birthday and the lovely chef even sent over a little cake with a candle in and the staff sang happy birthday! It honestly really made my day.
Fantastic amenities, great price and perfect location - just a few minutes walk from the main strip. I would definitely come back to this hotel if I return to Sorrento.
Thank you to the whole team for making our stay so enjoyable!

Date of stay: April 2024
1  Thank Roam52512370821
Reviewed 16 April 2024 via mobile

Lovely, unassuming hotel, very close to the walking street and right across from a restaurant, supermarket and beside 2 souvenir shops and an atm, plus vending machine centre that cells everything from batteries to sandwiches. The hotel's restaurant Nino's is lovely with gorgeous food including an amazing omelette!! Stunning views from the restaurant, sun deck and pool. All of which are on the roof, the 4th floor 9f the hotel is at the top, the rooms are on the floors below. There is a handy, but small lift but beautiful marble and tiled stairs down too. Lovely sculptures in alcoves and corners. A lovely lounge with a piano and terrace overlooking the bay too. The hotel is spotless and the room we had was lovely. We didnt have a balcony but that didn't bother us at all. It was a twin room, with a fab bathroom large shower, bday, sink and toilet. Large mirror, hair dryer, sockets for other bathroom devices. A little hall just I the door with a case rack. The main room had a lovely couch along one wall, that was really nice to sit on. Two single beds a large wardrobe with a safe. A 2 door locker beside each bed and a desk across on the opposite wall. The flat screen tv was on the wall, it wasn't huge but it was adequate. There was a fabulous little fridge beside the wardrobe, but beware.. eve tiny prosecco bottles won't stand. Bottles need to lie in it. There are no tea or coffee making facilities and no iron. The housekeeping was efficient and very thorough. The hotel also arranged an excursion for us which we enjoyed at a reasonable price. All in all we really enjoyed our stay. The staff were all lovely and happy to help whenever we needed it.

Room tip: Hotel on a busy corner so walk down to the pedestrian crossing which is after the souvenir shop if you want to cross the street. You don't need to cross for the main street.
Date of stay: April 2024
1  Thank Deirdre N
Reviewed 4 March 2024

I arrived at the hotel in the afternoon having driven from Rome, so it was a long drive. I had assumed (wrongly) that parking was included in the package, but I found out upon checking in that I would have to pay for each day. Anyway, it was a minor setback.

The reception area is on the top floor (ground level) and the rooms are on the floors below. The check in was quite smooth. The staff were friendly and I was keen to get to my room, drop my luggage and explore! The room was okay. Simple, but functional. Bed, desk, cupboard, bedside tables; the basics. The bathroom was fine too. Again, nothing exceptional. I wasn't here to stay in the room, however, so it was fine. Actually, I don't think I spent much of my waking hours in the room t all. I was here to explore and enjoy Sorrento. As such, it was ideal. The location is great as it's just a few minutes walk to all the action!

Breakfast was included in my package and I have to say, I really enjoyed breakfast. It wasn't lavish, but it was enough. The chef knew how to make an omelette! It was perfectly cooked, something so rare to find in a hotel. I did compliment him on it too! Coffee was great as you would expect. The view was magnificent and if you arrived at the right time, you had the best view!

There is a swimming pool on the same level; well a few steps up, but visible from the dining area. It has the same view too, of the sea. It wasn't too busy.

I really liked the hotel for its location, breakfast and ambience. The staff all seemed friendly and welcoming which was nice.

The only downside was my air condition was always too low and I couldn't get the room to be cool enough. I did mention in on the second night (my last night), but when I went to bed, it seemed to be the same. I do like a cool room to sleep in, so my sleep wasn't the best. Maybe it's just me, but I would have liked it to be cooler in the room. Other than that, it was a nice hotel.

Would I stay here again? Probably, but I wouldn't park there and I would make sure the room was cool!

Room tip: There is no iron in the room, but they have an ironing room. You need to get an access key to get into the room though.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2023 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in October with my Mum and sisters. We loved it! Its location at the western end of Corso Italia was perfect for access to the many restaurants and cafes on the corso and the lanes leading of it. The evening passegiata became a highlight!
The pool is small but after relaxing on one of the many sunbeds on the sun platform next to it, it was perfect to cool down in with serene views of sea and Vesuvius! The restaurant/ breakfast room also has spectacular views of the bay. We only ate here for breakfast which was such a treat - with eggs made to order and an extensive pastry selection! The waiting staff were friendly and attentive- and by day 3 we learned to order our cappuccinos strong! We had drinks here in the evening after dinner and the bar is just as stylish at night!
We stayed in a standard double room which was comfortable and spacious with two single beds and a generous sized bathroom with large powerful shower. We even had a glimpse of the sea from our window!
The helpful reception staff even organised the booking of a boat trip to Positano and Amalfi for us one day, which included collection and drop off from the hotel.
Overall we would thoroughly recommend this hotel as a luxurious and relaxing place to stay!

Date of stay: October 2023